PDA

View Full Version : I need help!!! Christmas gift ideas wanted!!!

Mongo
12/3/2006, 11:14 PM
I was thinkin of buying bowl tickets for the wife, but I dont think that would fly. I need good/interesting ideas for a gift for the wife.

TIA

royalfan5
12/3/2006, 11:29 PM
Does she need a new vacuum or frying pan? Or maybe an iron?

Mongo
12/3/2006, 11:33 PM
Does she need a new vacuum or frying pan? Or maybe an iron?

No, I pretty do much of those things. I dont trust her in the kitchen. If our child was in the floor, she would manage to run over him and suck him up in the vacuum. Her iron is Downey wrinkle release + dryer= semi-ironed.

MamaMia
12/4/2006, 12:10 AM
Whats your price range and her interests?

Mongo
12/4/2006, 12:17 AM
Her interests are diamonds:mad: and our baby boy. My price range is cheap.

She wants a three stone but I dont feel like floppin that much cash down.

proud gonzo
12/4/2006, 12:24 AM
a day at a spa?

does she like perfume?

proud gonzo
12/4/2006, 12:25 AM
get her a Herkimer Diamond :D

MamaMia
12/4/2006, 12:27 AM
Her interests are diamonds:mad: and our baby boy. My price range is cheap.

She wants a three stone but I dont feel like floppin that much cash down.Does she think you can afford the diamonds? :confused:

critical_phil
12/4/2006, 12:27 AM
get her a Marine Corps field iron:

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/signjpegs/f/flat.jpg

much safer than traditional irons, and cheap too.

Mongo
12/4/2006, 12:28 AM
get her a Herkimer Diamond :D

I have no idea what that is:O

Mongo
12/4/2006, 12:29 AM
Does she think you can afford the diamonds? :confused:

She does our accounting so she knows the answer to that question, but I dont want to spring for that.

Mongo
12/4/2006, 12:31 AM
get her a Marine Corps field iron:

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/signjpegs/f/flat.jpg

much safer than traditional irons, and cheap too.

If I could get her to wash my undies on a regular basis, I would be a happy man.

critical_phil
12/4/2006, 12:33 AM
i haven't worn a pair of underwear since 1987.

GottaHavePride
12/4/2006, 12:34 AM
Diamonds? Talk about an impersonal gift. I mean, yeah, they're expensive and she can show them off to her female friends. But still, giving stuff like that for Christmas/birthdays/anniversaries/Valentine's Day/etc. screams (to me) "Here, honey! I don't know what you like so I bought you something expensive to shut you up!"

it's like the Family guy fake commercial. Diamonds: she'll pretty much have to.

And before the ladies pile on me as being an idiot guy: I'm not saying I wouldn't give a girl jewelry as a gift. I'm saying I would give it on a totally random day for no reason at all. You know, tell her "hey, let's get a sitter tonight and go out, you deserve a night off." then hit her with "oh, and I got you this for no special reason at all other than I love you."

MamaMia
12/4/2006, 12:43 AM
She does our accounting so she knows the answer to that question, but I dont want to spring for that.
Give her a gift certificate to her favorite jewelry store for an amount you do feel comfortable with. Include flowers and a romantic card.

She can either get something that the gift certificate can pay for, or save it until she has enough gift certificates to get something more expensive.

Mixer!
12/4/2006, 12:45 AM
And before the ladies pile on me as being an idiot guy: I'm not saying I wouldn't give a girl jewelry as a gift. I'm saying I would give it on a totally random day for no reason at all. You know, tell her "hey, let's get a sitter tonight and go out, you deserve a night off." then hit her with "oh, and I got you this for no special reason at all other than I love you."

Then she'd ask "what'd you do now?"

or "He's been cheating on me!"

GottaHavePride
12/4/2006, 12:59 AM
Pffff. Chicks THAT crazy don't make it past a second or third date from me.

SicEmBaylor
12/4/2006, 01:03 AM
Pffff. Chicks THAT crazy don't make it past a second or third date from me.

You are a wise one. I should take notes.

Mongo
12/4/2006, 01:18 AM
it's like the Family guy fake commercial. Diamonds: she'll pretty much have to..[/I]"

You arent married, that is how it works now:D

GottaHavePride
12/4/2006, 01:20 AM
Heh.

PhxSooner
12/4/2006, 01:23 AM
I like both Mom's and PG's ideas. One of the best anniversary presents I've received was this year, when my husband gave me the gift of "time". He scheduled a day at a resort spa, and I went shopping after that, without having to worry about picking up my kids at school and all of that stuff.

Mongo
12/4/2006, 01:24 AM
The SO is slipping. I was expecting more "interesting" gift options. Ya'll are way too serious.

PhxSooner
12/4/2006, 01:30 AM
Strippers? Male strippers who'll clean the house while naked?

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2006, 01:31 AM
Mustache ride tickets?

critical_phil
12/4/2006, 01:34 AM
http://www.msxnet.org/humour/girls-are-evil.jpg

Mongo
12/4/2006, 01:34 AM
Strippers? Male strippers who'll clean the house while naked?

I liked the strippers idea until you said male.

soonerboomer93
12/4/2006, 02:11 AM
You are a wise one. I should take notes.

ghp, if you ever needed proof your strategy's with women needed revising, here it is

Mongo
12/4/2006, 02:17 AM
ghp, if you ever needed proof your strategy's with women needed revising, here it is

OUCH

VeeJay
12/4/2006, 09:12 AM
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/279/279949/pages/734728/diamond7.jpg

MamaMia
12/4/2006, 11:31 AM
http://www.msxnet.org/humour/girls-are-evil.jpg
Being the mother of 3 daughters, all in their 20s, I can honestly say that they each possess a bit of a playful ornery streak, which by no means is something I would define as evil, but I know for a fact that girls can be time consuming and somwhat expensive. :)

skycat
12/4/2006, 11:46 AM
You can't argue with the math...

olevetonahill
12/4/2006, 01:12 PM
I got my last ex, a one way bus ticket

Okieflyer
12/4/2006, 01:37 PM
http://images.sharperimage.com/all/en/images/products/ms411_pip.jpg

Pure eMotion 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame (http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/product/sku__MS411)

Just don't put any drunk, spring breakers in it.

Melo
12/4/2006, 01:37 PM
Being the mother of 3 daughters, all in their 20s, I can honestly say that they each possess a bit of a playful ornery streak, which by no means is something I would define as evil, but I know for a fact that girls can be time consuming and somwhat expensive. :)

See, I'm a bit different.

Sit me down with a video game, maybe some chinese food, and a couple cokes, and I will love you forever. (I guess that equals in with the 'time' bidness).

Seriously, all she wants is diamonds? GHP had it right, they're impersonal and show you couldn't come up with anything better.

Mongo
12/4/2006, 01:40 PM
http://images.sharperimage.com/all/en/images/products/ms411_pip.jpg

Pure eMotion 7-Inch Digital Photo Frame

Just don't put any drunk, spring breakers in it.

Dude, that is sweet. Great idea, but I may have to make the coupons for the free mustache rides.

olevetonahill
12/4/2006, 01:42 PM
See, a Bus ticket Was personal

soonersweetie
12/4/2006, 03:57 PM
Diamonds? Talk about an impersonal gift. I mean, yeah, they're expensive and she can show them off to her female friends. But still, giving stuff like that for Christmas/birthdays/anniversaries/Valentine's Day/etc. screams (to me) "Here, honey! I don't know what you like so I bought you something expensive to shut you up!"

it's like the Family guy fake commercial. Diamonds: she'll pretty much have to.

Ok, yeah, you rock! That is just awesome! Guys take note, he is so right on with how to do this gift thing :)

soonersweetie
12/4/2006, 04:01 PM
If you want to get her jewelry, consider getting her something with the birthstone of the month you were married in. That shows that time and thought went into it other than it just being a diamond.

Mjcpr
12/4/2006, 04:05 PM
Turquoise, it isn't just for white trash anymore.

olevetonahill
12/4/2006, 06:33 PM
Now on my continuing saga of women
I got my next to last shack up a pair of steel toed Tennyrunners .
told the beatch to kick every rock she saw as she went down the road

GottaHavePride
12/4/2006, 06:50 PM
Ok, yeah, you rock! That is just awesome! Guys take note, he is so right on with how to do this gift thing :)

HA! See? Chicks know smooveness when they see it.

And right there I destroyed any points I had built up with my previous posts, all for the sake of humor. ;)