PDA

View Full Version : NU Fans Are So Nice, er, Assaultive!

OUMallen
12/3/2006, 11:12 PM
Been posting this around tonight on the boards and networks I peruse, just to raise awareness.

I was looking forward to meeting some nice NU fans this weekend. To my surprise, this was actually the worst I've ever been treated by an opposing fanbase, including Texas, LSU in New Orleans, @Notre Dame, @Alabama, @Clemson (watching A&M last year), and EVEN K-State in KC in 2003.

I had an awful time with them. Things that happened:

1. On the elevator, one woman (very passive-aggressively) did a little "GO NU" in the face of one of the members of our group, then acted as though she didn't see the six OU fans in the elevator. Lame, dumb, obnoxious, but not really that bad.

2. A multitude of NU fans throwing iceballs onto the band from the 2nd and 3rd deck. it wasn't that frequent, but it was enough to where they had to put security in on the bottom deck that wasn't there at the beginning of the game. I looked for security after spotting an NU fan in my section do it, but couldn't find any on the club level. Later, I turned to him and pointed him out to my group so he would see us talking about him and I said loud enough for him to hear, "He's the one doing it. If you see him doing it again, I'll go get security." He didn't do it again, but the other fans did.

3. The guy behind us calling Stoops and every other injured Sooner a pu$$y. Non-stop. "Cart them off the field! let's play! Get up, you p----! Never been in the cold before!?" It was bad. I would just comment to no one in particular how classy the NU fans were, that they were the best in the country, they should be proud, etc. He kept going. It wasn't aything I wouldn't expect from an LSU fan in Baton Rouge...but it was worse than what NU fans are supposed to be like.

4. The woman behind us that apparently didn't like to stand up, and although she never asked us ONCE to sit, she did stand and half-yelled "I GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO STAND UP AND YELL IN THEIR EARS!!!!"

5. And the piece de resistance...I was at the top of the stairs in the club level when OU had just gone three and out. The NU fans were up and at'em. Some old, chubby NU fan grabs me by both shoulders (my back is halfway to the stairs) and with an open hand hits me in the sternum (not quite a real shove, but harder than a tap). I am shocked, and a little worried that my back is to the stairs. He smiles and says, "Good job!" in what I assume is rubbing in the three and out. I am pretty offended that some stranger put his hands on me in such a manner, so I take half a step back, put my hands up in the air and say, "HEY, don't touch me. I don't know you." He gets mad AT ME, and starts yelling at me. He had to be restrained. I went to my seat to calm the situation. Later looked for security, but couldn't find any on the club level for the second time.

Everyone makes comments about how this NU offense ain't your daddy's NU offense. I'm afraid this NU fanbase ain't our daddies' NU fanbase either.

wrestlerdad
12/3/2006, 11:20 PM
We were in Section 110 and there was 1 husker woman and her 2 boyfriends, puling off chunks of ice and throwing them off the upper deck onto the Sooner fans below. Then when we looked up hollared at them to stop they were flipping us off and telling us to f-off. finally security took care of it.

schlanker
12/3/2006, 11:26 PM
that is crazy that you had such a bad time. I met a lot of very nice husker fans. It seemed to me that they just wanted to drink and watch a football game.

Which is pretty much the same thing that my crew wanted to do.

The only thing that could have made the night better is about 20 more degrees.

OUMallen
12/3/2006, 11:40 PM
that is crazy that you had such a bad time. I met a lot of very nice husker fans. It seemed to me that they just wanted to drink and watch a football game.

I wish I had met more of them. I only had two positive experiences with NU fans the entire weekend.

tommie15
12/3/2006, 11:47 PM
I wish I had met more of them. I only had two positive experiences with NU fans the entire weekend.

People are people. Every fanbase has jackasses and obivously we're no different. This notion of "We have the best fans" is stupid. We are passionate, but we certainly have our share of jackasses.

I don't know what the purpose of posting this on HI.com, SS.com, and SF.com is, other than to try and divide the fan bases even more, is. Hate the jackasses and not the entire fanbase.

I hope you beat the crap out of those snow throwing folks, btw.

OUMallen
12/3/2006, 11:49 PM
People are people. Every fanbase has jackasses and obivously we're no different. This notion of "We have the best fans" is stupid. We are passionate, but we certainly have our share of jackasses.

I don't know what the purpose of posting this on HI.com, SS.com, and SF.com is, other than to try and divide the fan bases even more, is. Hate the jackasses and not the entire fanbase.

I hope you beat the crap out of those snow throwing folks, btw.

The reason was to raise awareness. There are entirely too many NU fans and pundits that believe that NU fans are somehow different from everyone else.

Piware
12/3/2006, 11:49 PM

Mallen, Didn't know that you posted on SF.com. Last I heard you had been banned on the pokes board. Thought you were a lOSUr fan.

tommie15
12/3/2006, 11:53 PM
The reason was to raise awareness. There are entirely too many NU fans and pundits that believe that NU fans are somehow different from everyone else.

Good luck on your crusade. :rolleyes:

OUMallen
12/3/2006, 11:54 PM
Mallen, Didn't know that you posted on SF.com.

I obviously do post on SoonerFans.com. Have for a couple of years, I think. I have no idea who you are, though.

Last I heard you had been banned on the pokes board.

Guilty as charged.

Thought you were a lOSUr fan.

Not exactly.

OUMallen
12/3/2006, 11:56 PM
Good luck on your crusade. :rolleyes:

I appreciate that. That's the nicest thing a Husker fan has said to me all weekend.

Piware
12/4/2006, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=OUMallen]I obviously do post on SoonerFans.com. Have for a couple of years, I think. I have no idea who you are, though.

I have lurked on this board for several years but just recently started posting. From time to time I also read the rivals.com boards and remember you from the pokes board.

Don't know how you stood those jerks. I can only stand to read their crap about once a month. Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance.

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=OUMallen]I obviously do post on SoonerFans.com. Have for a couple of years, I think. I have no idea who you are, though.

I have lurked on this board for several years but just recently started posting. From time to time I also read the rivals.com boards and remember you from the pokes board.

Don't know how you stood those jerks. I can only stand to read their crap about once a month. Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance.

Howdy to you as well!!! :)

iknowyoudidnt
12/4/2006, 12:08 AM
I was walking out of the Westport area toward my car late last night, through massive crowds of drunk NU fans. The Sooner fans must have been on the road home or something, because I was the only person wearing OU gear that I saw all night. Anyway, some joker that was walking next to me yells "Nebraska sucks," but kept his head down and acted like he didn't say a word. It got the attention of the crowd, which immediately assumed that I had said it, and starting getting (understandably) kind of riled up. I pointed at the dude and quickly kept walking, and managed to avoid getting beat down. So, I guess the fans were nice enough not to wrongfully murder me on the cold streets of Missouri. Thanks Nebraska!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/4/2006, 12:29 AM
I appreciate that. That's the nicest thing a Husker fan has said to me all weekend.LOL!!!

soonermaticsam
12/4/2006, 12:30 AM
I had no problems with the NE fans, I was in the 300 level surrounded by NE fans, I thought they were great. We were all yelling for our teams but no one caused any trouble. btw, I saw a lot of beer in the stadium....

TheUnnamedSooner
12/4/2006, 12:31 AM
I was waiting in line for a soda, and some drunk husker fan runs up to me and grabs me by my jacket and said "Hey, I told my buddy that if UCLA beats usc, then I'm going to run up to the first OU fan (apparently me) and tell him how pi$$ed off I am at the screw job you got in oregon. I'm a huge NU fan and don't like OU, but that really pi$$ed me off, if you beat us, you would probably be playing for the natl. championship" After he told me that a couple times, he left. It was a nice gesture. There was some obnoxious fans, but overall it was a good experience.

winonme
12/4/2006, 12:36 AM
OUMallen you must have been in sec 216 or 217?

snp
12/4/2006, 12:44 AM
I had a bad time as well with the opposing fans.

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 12:51 AM

noobalicious
12/4/2006, 05:02 AM
I also got harrassed by a lot of NU fans before the game and up until it was 21-7. After that they were a lot quieter :D

Honestly, from what I had heard of the Neb fan base I had expected better but the only ones I interacted with were complete a-holes. And it wasn't like I was antagonizing them. I'd just be walking along and have one try to strike up an argument with me or insult OU or me in one way or another.

Couldn't believe how many times I heard the name Bomar. :shakes head:

Guess that's the last time I listen to word-of-mouth about an opposing fan base!

Sooner24
12/4/2006, 08:23 AM
I also got harrassed by a lot of NU fans before the game and up until it was 21-7. After that they were a lot quieter :D

Honestly, from what I had heard of the Neb fan base I had expected better but the only ones I interacted with were complete a-holes. And it wasn't like I was antagonizing them. I'd just be walking along and have one try to strike up an argument with me or insult OU or me in one way or another.

Guess that's the last time I listen to word-of-mouth about an opposing fan base!

One quick Lawrence Phillips would have shut that up. :D

sooner1129
12/4/2006, 09:33 AM
edit:oops

sooner1129
12/4/2006, 09:34 AM

ha at the tech game there was an idiot sitting two rows in front of me, wearing an ou beanie and a red jacket, but he was apparently a texas tech fan? anyway, everytime paul misfired or incompleted a pass or we would go three and out he would yell as loud as possible 'yeah way to go bomar'. also thought it was funny when he yelled it the guy next to me pelted him in the head with an ice cube and said 'hey jacka** his name is paul thompson, remember it because you're going to have dreams about him after this game is over'... and he never said it again....needless to say... he and his tech posse left early in the fourth qtr...which was even sweeter bc one of the girls with them was a texas fan, and they were on their way to getting whooped by neb

Partial Qualifier
12/4/2006, 10:09 AM
:rolleyes:

I've heard OU/Miami orange bowl stories that make your KC trip sound like a pleasant morning walk in the park. :O

every fanbase has it's share of rude idiots. We certainly have them too.

OklaPony
12/4/2006, 10:20 AM
:rolleyes:

I've heard OU/Miami orange bowl stories that make your KC trip sound like a pleasant morning walk in the park. :O

every fanbase has it's share of rude idiots. We certainly have them too.
The '81 OU/FSU OB was without a doubt the worst I've ever experienced. After winning in the closing moments of the game, we (The Pride) had to exit the stadium in a block formation with all the girls in the middle so as to protect them, and no I'm not kidding. Those disgustingly drunk FSU idiots lined our exit route, throwing every conceivable piece of trash at us, many of them dropping trou and flaunting their way-to-inebriated-to-be-used private parts in our general direction. It was the most disgusting display I've ever witnessed. This is why I'll never cheer for FSU in any way, even if they're playing Satan U.

dolemitesooner
12/4/2006, 11:10 AM
This is the noobiest gay ***, love of poke board poster pos thread I have ever seen in my ****ing life

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2006, 11:20 AM
One quick Lawrence Phillips would have shut that up. :D

Funny, I did drop a Lawrence Phillips but it didn't totally shut them up.

First of all I'll say as far as opponents Neb probably does have more good, civil fans than any that I've dealt with. I had at least 6-8 conversations with Husker fans that were friendly and respectful talking about how OU-Neb playing for the title at the end of the year is the ways things should be. I even had one Husker give my bro and I a couple beer tickets. While the OU fans were outnumbered probably 6-1 at the game I didn't feel like I was being harassed too much (granted the fact that I'm 6'8" and about 280 doesn't hurt :D ) Still overall I think for the game to be virtually a Neb home game overall I was treated pretty well...

But....

There were some drunk belligerant college age Husker fans walking in the stadium and they were borderline retarded. They were commenting that they know more about OU than OU fans do and of course kept talking about Bomar and asked a guy close to me about Big Red Sports and imports, that was when I asked him the name of the girl Lawrence Phillips drug down the stairs and if his parole officer was still on the coaching staff. Which led to the obligatory Oregon comment, which of course meant pretty much nothing when you are getting ready to watch the Big 12 Championship. Another guy told us Neb was going to roll because they had 80% of the fans. My brother quickly pointed out that Neb had a 100% of the fans last year and we won. That shut him up. Pretty weak smack.

Anyway my bro and I are sitting in club level, 221 and several of these guys sit a row below us about 10-12 seats down. Needless to say we had a good time watching them mope over there cold, drunk and miserable and they left with their tail between their legs early in the 4th quarter when the game actually was still at least in a little bit of doubt.

I have no doubt that if Neb had won the game that there would have been enough arrogant Neb fans to make things miserable but all and all they were pretty good and of course winning solves that problem.

sshusker
12/4/2006, 11:36 AM
We had a pretty equal amount of OU/NU fans in our section and there was one NU fan (pretty young guy) that was kind of a jackass. He however got quieter as the game went on. Everyone else in our section was great, thats both OU and NU fans.

FaninAma
12/4/2006, 11:55 AM
I think the long drought without so much as a conference title has brought the Nebraska fans back to the rest of us. It's really easy to act classy and gracious when your team is kicking everybody's @$$ year after year.

The_Red_Patriot
12/4/2006, 12:52 PM
Man do they talk crap!

They wouldnt shut up at their tailgates.

Really felt good to see them jumping ship with 5 minutes to go.

Just yell SWITZER really loud around them. They shiver

crimson monkey
12/4/2006, 01:14 PM
I live in Omaha. The NU fans are in total denial from what I have run into. They are making excuses up and down. I have heard things ranging from the refs were biased to all that Kelly did was push off all night. What ever makes you feel better I guess. The bottom line is that the better team won - and won handily. In my opinion, OU should have had about three more interceptions that could have been run back. That was a dominating display of defense.

The biggest thing though is that some idiot NU fan stole my OU flag off of my house. They even took the pole. Classy fans - right.

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 01:30 PM
This is the noobiest gay ***, love of poke board poster pos thread I have ever seen in my ****ing life

sniffle.

Taxman71
12/4/2006, 01:34 PM
Pre-Callahan = I always respected Husker fans, despite the ***-clowns that sat near me in 2000 and 2004 in Norman.

Post-Callahan = Husker fans are resembling NFL trash and Ohio St fans. I think it is starting to get to them.

However, I think Husker fans fall into 2 main categories: under 40 and over 40. The former being the worst of society and the latter being the ones we enjoyed drinking beer with at O'Connell's during the 80's and 90's. Damn MTV generation.

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 01:39 PM

easy there doleo. Remember when we went to the Orange Bowl in 2000? Remember that some guys put oranges in the seed-sower statue?

That was OUMallen and some of his buddies.

He's got street cred, yo.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2006, 02:33 PM
I live in Omaha. The NU fans are in total denial from what I have run into. They are making excuses up and down. I have heard things ranging from the refs were biased to all that Kelly did was push off all night. What ever makes you feel better I guess. The bottom line is that the better team won - and won handily. In my opinion, OU should have had about three more interceptions that could have been run back. That was a dominating display of defense.

The biggest thing though is that some idiot NU fan stole my OU flag off of my house. They even took the pole. Classy fans - right.

Yeah, too bad that Walker and Williams both dropped interceptions that would have likely been returned for scores or else the game would have gotten way out of hand. One of our LBs (don't remember which) dropped another INT as well.

I did feel pretty smart because I was sitting behind a couple Husker fans and I mentioned to my brother that if Neb doesn't give safety help on Kelly, he will run a double move and beat them deep. About 10 seconds later, bang! Those guys turned around and looked at me like I called the play in...

OSUHeifer
12/4/2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah, some NU "fans" got me from behind this year, and I used to like 'em.

OK2LA
12/4/2006, 03:10 PM
This is why I'll never cheer for FSU in any way, even if they're playing Satan U.

S.U. - Are they Div. 1?

OK2LA
12/4/2006, 03:11 PM

. . . What the

Flagstaffsooner
12/4/2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah, some NU "fans" got me from behind this year, and I used to like 'em.:eek:

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 04:47 PM

...?

Taxman71
12/4/2006, 05:35 PM

Now he LOVES them.

http://www.gothamist.com/sports/images/2004_06_styson.jpg

Fraggle145
12/4/2006, 05:51 PM
easy there doleo. Remember when we went to the Orange Bowl in 2000? Remember that some guys put oranges in the seed-sower statue?

Damn Mallen, I didnt know you did that? Where was I? Probably drunk and passed out. :cool:

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 06:21 PM
Damn Mallen, I didnt know you did that? Where was I? Probably drunk and passed out. :cool:

Yup. We ushered in an era. Bryson and myself and a Kappa I was dating. There was an untrue rumor that PE-ET did it because they supposedly put dishwashing soap in a fountain that same night...but it was us. Did it about two in the morning after a party. Bought tangerines at Homeland because we thought they would look better. The checkout guy who was a Husker fan, if you can believe it, made fun of us since they weren't actual oranges. They sure looked pretty though the next day when OU had a cherry picker out there to take an official photo!! sigh....the good ol' days...

dolemitesooner
12/4/2006, 06:37 PM
Hey OuMallen,

Did I ever once say your name in my post. Did I say anything directly to you. Can you even read wtf I said, because I can't.

So the question is why did you choose to neg my cursing me when I have not said anything to you.

You see you are a noob because you have no Idea that when I speak you need not pay any attention. Its my shtick. Go ahead and open your mouth and instert your foot

bluedogok
12/4/2006, 06:39 PM
Thousands of Fuskers at a night game with freezing temps and corn alcohol for anti-freeze makes for a long night.

dolemitesooner
12/4/2006, 06:39 PM

I was not even talking to the noob. I dont care if he won the gawd damn heisman trophy for oklahoma.

I was not speaking to him nor did I ever say his name. **** :ROLLEYES:

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 06:43 PM
I was not even talking to the noob. I dont care if he won the gawd damn heisman trophy for oklahoma.

I was not speaking to him nor did I ever say his name. **** :ROLLEYES:

you shut your mouf when you're talking to me. :mad: ;)

dolemitesooner
12/4/2006, 06:45 PM
you shut your mouf when you're talking to me. :mad: ;)
Well I mean wtf...I come home and the guy has sent me a message on aim all angry and ****...**** man take a gawd damn chill pill.

I mean **** I posted something about the thread not him.

Does he need my phone number to so he can see me in person and "settle" things. :rolleyes:

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 06:59 PM
Check your PMs. Unlike you, I don't use threads like this to pound my chest or stomp my feet.

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 07:08 PM
Well I mean wtf...I come home and the guy has sent me a message on aim all angry and ****...**** man take a gawd damn chill pill.

I mean **** I posted something about the thread not him.

Does he need my phone number to so he can see me in person and "settle" things. :rolleyes:

he'd dunk on your narrow ***.:eek: Can we just chalk it up to confusion?

Sooner24
12/4/2006, 07:14 PM
I blame all of the misunderstanding on X-Men III.

dolemitesooner
12/4/2006, 07:20 PM
I blame all of the misunderstanding on X-Men III.
:D

dolemitesooner
12/4/2006, 07:21 PM
lol.....Some people on these boards understand me and walk away laughing. Others for some reason live and die by what is posted on here. LOL

Mongo
12/4/2006, 07:23 PM
lol.....Some people on these boards understand me and walk away laughing. Others for some reason live and die by what is posted on here. LOL

I have never met you, but for some reason I want to be like youi:D

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 07:41 PM

Fair enough. Just bear in mind that not everyone thinks it's all that funny to be ripped on out of nowhere.

Fugue
12/4/2006, 07:58 PM
:pop:

huskermike1
12/5/2006, 01:54 AM
I had good experiences at the game with you guys but apparently some of our fans saw what you saw and were not happy about it themselves, in a title game the tickets are a free for all and who knows what a holes get tickets here is a link to my home board talking about it and may I say sorry for you guys that had a bad experience it embarrasses us fans that respect the game. http://bighuskerfan.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35326

proudsoonergal
12/5/2006, 02:15 AM
I had good experiences at the game with you guys but apparently some of our fans saw what you saw and were not happy about it themselves, in a title game the tickets are a free for all and who knows what a holes get tickets here is a link to my home board talking about it and may I say sorry for you guys that had a bad experience it embarrasses us fans that respect the game. http://bighuskerfan.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35326

Thanks.....and please learn how to use punctuation. It can be your friend. :D

SoonerFanDeluxe
12/5/2006, 02:27 AM
I agree that they are not different than most. Most good people, but some real jerks. I talked to a friend of mine who's an NU fan and he said they had to throw out two NU fans in his area for spitting on OU fans.

BigRedJed
12/5/2006, 03:06 AM
...However, I think Husker fans fall into 2 main categories: under 40 and over 40...
I think that they also fall into sub categories: "Lincoln fans" and "Kansas (or Missouri... ...or...) fans." By Lincoln fans I don't so much mean the fans that live only in Lincoln, I mean the fans that are regular attendees to NU games. Nebraska has had a lot of success for a lot of years, and so they have frontrunner, bad fans climb on board their bandwagon across the country, just like everyone else.

When I was growing up in Kansas, I was one of the few kids running around in Sooner gear (my folks being from here, my dad an OU alum). Most of the other kids, if they were college football fans, were Nebraska fans. Those fans aren't really part of the culture of that team, they often just associate themselves with a winner. Excluded from this would be alums or Nebraska natives who have moved to other states, etc.

A game like the CCG offers opportunities for people who don't normally attend games to get to see "their team," and I think a lot of those people just don't know how to act. I've seen the same thing from some OU fans at bowl and some away games; they act differently than the fans I see in Norman. When OU visited Tulsa a few years ago, I sat next to some Vanilla Ice (except more gangbanger-y) type, wearing Wal-Mart-issued OU gear, screaming bloody murder, dropping the F-bomb, threatening other OU fans who he deemed to be encroaching on his seat space, etc., and it occurred to me that he had probably never stepped foot on the OU campus, or seen an OU game in person. He was just living his idea of being an OU fan when the team came to his town. They might as well have been an NFL team.

Remember, Nebraska fans had a couple of extra weeks to gather up a huge amount of tickets, and I think some of the fans that were at the game on Saturday differed quite a bit from the makeup of typical Lincoln fans.

Most of the people who travel to games in Norman or elsewhere would be "Lincoln" fans, since they travel so well and snap up their entire allotment through the university ticket office.

Yeah, I saw some surprisingly bad NU fans at this game, which startled me. I've been to many, many OU/NU games in Norman, Lincoln, and now KC, and I can tell you the fans who come to games in Norman and Lincoln (last year in fact), typically live up to billing, and the fans in KC didn't. And your point is correct: most of the bad ones I saw were the younger ones.

I do think that losing (and Bill Callahan) have soured them a bit and caused even the typical gracious Nebraska fan to be less so.

But I still had more than your average amount of cordial conversations with their fans, and many of those were also young, so all hope is not lost.

47straight
12/5/2006, 07:20 AM
I was waiting in line for a soda, and some drunk husker fan runs up to me and grabs me by my jacket and said "Hey, I told my buddy that if UCLA beats usc, then I'm going to run up to the first OU fan (apparently me) and tell him how pi$$ed off I am at the screw job you got in oregon. I'm a huge NU fan and don't like OU, but that really pi$$ed me off, if you beat us, you would probably be playing for the natl. championship" After he told me that a couple times, he left. It was a nice gesture. There was some obnoxious fans, but overall it was a good experience.

What a hilarious gesture. I can see myself doing the same thing.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/5/2006, 08:45 AM
This notion of "We have the best fans" is stupid.

I disagree. That is part of Nebraska's tradition. Being cordial in a win or a defeat is what started the talk about Nebraska fans. I suggest that you get after the fans that are being jerks and tell them about your tradition.

After the Holiday bowl against Oregon last year a big fat brunk Sooner fan yelled, "Oregon. [pause] SUCKS!!!" It was totally uncool and everyone including the Sooner fans in the area told the guy to shut the **** up. The ducks had been cool up to that point. I told a bunch of them that the guy was a d*ck and was just a drunk. The ducks were ****ed, but understood.

Our fan was being an *** and if I had to get in to a little trouble with the guy to make my point, I would have. On the other hand, if he had been defending himself, I would have gone the other way. He was out of line as a fan.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/5/2006, 08:56 AM

He's just mad cause someone else is stealing his gay thread posting thunder.

SpringMOSooner
12/5/2006, 10:41 AM
The bus I took to the stadium was almost all NU fans, only 4 OU fans. These were older NU fans that they were very gracious. Kept saying they are so glad to be playing OU and that this is how is should be every year. I even had one guy say he missed the OU/NU game and their rivalry with CU was crap.

We talked about past games and had a good time.

Once we got to the stadium I got to see and hear the obnoxious NU fans. Seems they were mostly younger. They would yell that Gooooooo Biggggggg
Reddddddd, GO BIG RED! right in your ears over and over (that was almost as annoying as Tiger bait). They would be saying derogatory things about OU and pretty juvenile behavior.

Once in the stadium - no problems. It was a good mix of OU and NU fans and to be honest the only obnoxious idiots in my section were OU fans that had had way too much to drink.

I_SMELL_FEAR
12/5/2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah a lot of the Neb fans I talked to seemed miffed at the CU rivalry also. We were comparing it to osu. We have our rivalries and some other school is trying to force a rivalry on you, so they can have one.

huskermike1
12/5/2006, 07:50 PM
sorry, it was never my strength (not an english major) but you got my point

Sooner24
12/6/2006, 12:14 AM
The closest I ever came to getting into a fight at a game was with some drunk OU fans in Lubbock in 2001. They were seated behind us and kept loudly dropping F-bombs with a bunch of kids around. It's idiots like that that give the whole fan base a bad reputation

crimson&cream
12/6/2006, 12:52 AM
Oops the Grammer police is lurking.!!!!!!:pop:

Dead Horse
12/6/2006, 01:42 AM
http://www.thecatgallery.com/images/tubby-cat-2.JPG

Winston Churchill
12/6/2006, 01:43 AM
http://www.severeweblint.org/mslevine/cd.jpg

Jimminy Crimson
12/6/2006, 03:44 AM
I agree with OUMallen, Big Red Jed, and 1stTimeCaller.

Seamus
12/6/2006, 04:53 AM
4 out of 5 leading n00bs agree:

dolemite is the ghey :twinkies:

SoonerShark
12/6/2006, 05:08 AM
Yeah a lot of the Neb fans I talked to seemed miffed at the CU rivalry also. We were comparing it to osu. We have our rivalries and some other school is trying to force a rivalry on you, so they can have one.

True. osu is an irritant more than a rivalry. We are forced to put up with listening to their crap even though they are just a team that we need to get by, not a team that we look forward to playing. If you go with their limited number of wins against us over 100 years, they should be considered in the Baylor category.