PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Sooners

tommie15
12/3/2006, 11:03 PM
Excellent game by Thompson and your D. We obviously would love to have Reggie and Nic in our d backfield; they certainly proved why last night.

Your coaches did a nice job exploiting our weakness, the secondary. Poor Grixby plays hard, but he just doesn't have it. Oh well.

We have come a long way in 3 years with Callahan, and, as much as you hate him, he is taking us in the right direction. For what it's worth, he was very compimentary of your players and coaches after the game. I don't believe he called anyone a hillbilly, either.

Good luck against Boise, I'm afraid you're in a lose-lose situation there. We'd obviously love to be there, though.

See you a year from yesterday.

Soonermagik
12/3/2006, 11:20 PM
Good game to you too!! Your defense is solid, and it was a hard fought game by both teams.

Texas Golfer
12/4/2006, 12:37 AM
We have come a long way in 3 years with Callahan, and, as much as you hate him, he is taking us in the right direction. For what it's worth, he was very compimentary of your players and coaches after the game. I don't believe he called anyone a hillbilly, either.

Each time after he insults us, we go and kick his butt. Perhaps, he's learned his lesson?

RespectTheBlue
12/4/2006, 12:41 AM
I posted this on another thread... but how do you think it's a lose lose for OU?

"Honestly, I doubt you will lose respect from one loss to Boise State. Respect is earned, which is something the Sooners have done for a very long time now. A slight blow to the ego? Maybe. A lasting loss of respect around the nation, not likely. You don't have as much to lose as you think you do. You've been around too long to have any major impact from one game played against BSU, win or lose. I actually feel we have more on the line. If we lose it's "We told you that you don't belong." If we win it's "We told you we blong." We've been hearing it non-stop since the Georgia game last year. That hurt us in a lot of the voters eyes. We still have to EARN the Nations respect. You all already have it."

Vaevictis
12/4/2006, 02:21 AM

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Nebraska is my #2 team, but I have a hard time cheering for them as it will mean good things for Callahan.

shavedmarmoset
12/4/2006, 02:25 AM
We still have to EARN the Nations respect. You all already have it."

We've been earning it all year too. Everyone wrote us off after Texas. Everybody. We should be a one-loss team but the polls still don't reflect it.

Egeo
12/4/2006, 03:56 AM
Excellent game by Thompson and your D. We obviously would love to have Reggie and Nic in our d backfield; they certainly proved why last night.

Your coaches did a nice job exploiting our weakness, the secondary. Poor Grixby plays hard, but he just doesn't have it. Oh well.

Good luck against Boise, I'm afraid you're in a lose-lose situation there. We'd obviously love to be there, though.

See you a year from yesterday.
to me it looked more like the nebraska gameplan was to make paul thompson beat them - and he did.