PDA

View Full Version : The Rose Bowl and USC

CRASH 02
12/3/2006, 10:13 PM
This years Rose Bowl will feature two teams that had a chance to play for a national title but couldn't hack it in the last game of the year. Just think if USC loses and we take car of business we will end up a with better record but by they way the BCS is going we will still be ranked lower then USC. USC lost to two unranked teams and are still ranked #5 in the BCS. WTF!

Blues1
12/3/2006, 10:18 PM
We end up 12 and 2 and usc 9 and 4 after bowls ---WE Will be ahead of them in the polls....

R'

Sooner-N-KS
12/3/2006, 10:31 PM
So much for the theory of teams being punished for late losses more than teams that lose early in the season. Almost any other team, except for maybe ND, would have dropped a lot more.

props
12/3/2006, 10:40 PM
pretty sure that USC is the hot chick of college football. looks really good. but there's really not a lot going on upstairs.

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2006, 10:57 PM
WE dropped as much after a win (UAB) as usc did after a loss. We dropped twice as much in some polls without even playing a game.

freshchris05
12/3/2006, 11:13 PM
Booty gets rattled easily, even when he wasnt getting hit, when pressured the balls were hitting like 3 yards in front of the recievers... michigan has a good pass rush they will tap that booty and i think henne can shred that secondary... my money is on michigan

Jackal
12/3/2006, 11:23 PM
Yall make some great points, we dropped when we didn't beat down some team. Yet when USC or Ohio State or Notre Dame pulls out a squeaker against a nobody, they get hailed as a team with heart yada yada yada.

You look at how we were 18th at the beginning of our 8 game winning streak and haven't rose in the polls at a rate deserving of our effort. It is damn fricking obvious as well that we didn't get any love from voters for the screwjob we got in Oregon.........in fact it seems the opposite happened.

There is a media bias against Oklahoma, and I guess we just have to live with it..................even though the temptation of ****ing and moaning about it is uncontrollable.

MamaMia
12/3/2006, 11:55 PM
I could handle the bias toward Oklahoma much better when the human vote counted for less in the BCS formulation. Twice now, the human opinion factor has been strengthened just because a couple of [USC]programs[Auburn] got their panties in a tussle.

What good is the BCS when its reduced to including the same prejudices that it was meant to prevent?