PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap, they're delusional....

OUAndy1807
12/3/2006, 09:24 PM
http://mb14.scout.com/fboisestatefrm7.showMessage?topicID=27302.topic

guzziguy
12/3/2006, 09:26 PM
http://mb14.scout.com/fboisestatefrm7.showMessage?topicID=27302.topic
Broken link.:confused:

OUAndy1807
12/3/2006, 09:27 PM
nevermind, they deleted it.

badger
12/3/2006, 10:29 PM
http://boisestate.scout.com/
here ya go, and for humor purposes:
http://img49.photobucket.com/albums/v149/PerfectBronco/score.gif

jrsooner
12/3/2006, 10:38 PM
http://mb14.scout.com/fboisestatefrm1.showMessage?topicID=2736.topic

This is good...

We beat all comers and instead of fighting it out against Ohio State, we have to play Nebraska or Oklahoma - not to detract from their teams, but they are on the way down right now and we are on the rise.
Tonight, I'll be watching the sooner/husker game with some fellow broncs to find out who we beat next! I think our boys will give their elitest mindset a reality check!!!Now I didn't get the memo that we are on the way down right now...did any of you get that memo?

Flying Scotsman
12/3/2006, 10:42 PM
"I think we are extremely lucky to be able to be on the same field as a team from the WAC. Our guys are going to be a little nervous since they've never played anyone as good as you. We're just looking to make it entertaining for a quarter or so, collect our check, and hope they don't put all of our players in the hospital. "

Borrowed...Ugh!!

These guys scare me....Ugh!!

Let's cancel the game now!!

<grin>

umberto
12/3/2006, 10:48 PM

This is good...
Now I didn't get the memo that we are on the way down right now...did any of you get that memo?

Wow, Big 12 Champs and we're on the way down?? I guess The Big 12 just pales in comparison to the mighty WAC. Why are we even going to play the game? :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2006, 10:49 PM
http://mb14.scout.com/fboisestatefrm7.showMessage?topicID=27318.topic
last post

Can you have sex on it????

That's just classic.

RespectTheBlue
12/3/2006, 10:54 PM
I think most fans are delusional to their own teams... it's called bias I beleive. Some are just more vocal about it than others.

sooneron
12/3/2006, 10:57 PM
http://mb14.scout.com/fboisestatefrm7.showMessage?topicID=27318.topic
last post

That's just classic.
NickZepp sighting in that thread!!:eek:

Jackal
12/3/2006, 11:11 PM
We should just forfeit now, the mighty smurfs might hurt us.

SCOUT
12/3/2006, 11:24 PM
I am not an expert for sure. Boise State is a Division 1 team that has gone undefeated. I know the difficulty of their schedule is in question, but running the table is always difficult. They seem to have a potent offense and a solid defense.

I am confident that our Sooners can handle them but to dismiss them is a mistake. This is a quality team that will provide a solid challenge.

With that said, if Adrian is 100%, we will win by 28.

instigator
12/3/2006, 11:32 PM
You guys need to stop that crap. I think we will beat them, but they are like 39-1 since 2003. That is damn impressive. Take them seriously or we will get embarrassed. This is a no win for us. We win and we are supposed to. We lose and we are a joke.

AzianSooner
12/3/2006, 11:37 PM
ageee with Instigator.

OUAndy1807
12/3/2006, 11:41 PM
You guys need to stop that crap. I think we will beat them, but they are like 39-1 since 2003. That is damn impressive. Take them seriously or we will get embarrassed. This is a no win for us. We win and we are supposed to. We lose and we are a joke. I don't see how the level of respect I give our opponent has any bearing on the outcome of the game. really, I don't see how anything I do sitting here has any effect on the game.

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2006, 11:42 PM
I don't see how the level of respect I give our opponent has any bearing on the outcome of the game. really, I don't see how anything I do sitting here has any effect on the game.

Heh, I agree. Same thing with talking about future opponents and the homers who start screaming "one game at a time!"

OUAndy1807
12/3/2006, 11:47 PM
You guys need to stop that crap. I think we will beat them, but they are like 39-1 since 2003. That is damn impressive. Take them seriously or we will get embarrassed. This is a no win for us. We win and we are supposed to. We lose and we are a joke. also, they are 39-1 in this powerhouse Conference:
Boise State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=68)8-012-0Hawaii (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=62)7-110-3San Jose State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=23)5-38-4Nevada (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2440)5-38-4Fresno State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=278)4-44-8Idaho (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=70)3-54-8New Mexico State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=166)2-64-8Louisiana Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2348)1-73-10Utah State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=328)1-71-11

They lost 4 games last year

tulsaoilerfan
12/4/2006, 12:04 AM
Wow, Big 12 Champs and we're on the way down?? I guess The Big 12 just pales in comparison to the mighty WAC. Why are we even going to play the game? :rolleyes:
Wasn't Wyoming in the WAC when we played them in the Fiesta Bowl on Christmas day of 76? I wonder if the internet was around then if their fans would have been talking like the Boise fans are now?:pop:

tommieharris91
12/4/2006, 12:08 AM
Here's a good one:

http://mb14.scout.com/fboisestatefrm7.showMessage?topicID=27249.topic

SoonerDood
12/4/2006, 12:09 AM
These Potato Aggies are starting to sound a lot like that team we played in the Rose Bowl a few years ago.

Ash
12/4/2006, 12:12 AM
I don't see how the level of respect I give our opponent has any bearing on the outcome of the game. really, I don't see how anything I do sitting here has any effect on the game.

You're right. It won't affect the game.

But it does make you look like an ig'nant blowhard.

Just sayin'.

Any team that goes undefeated and has racked up as many wins as BSU has recently deserves some measure of respect. And if you've seen any of their games you know they have athletes.

So go ahead and talk smack (I personally don't care), but don't be surprised when other people call you out on some of it.

shavedmarmoset
12/4/2006, 12:16 AM
Man with AD in the backfield we will be unstoppable against an opponent with inferior talent. I think in a game like this, you have to grind down their D-line and run the ball stubbornly (but pass when you have to of course!)

OUAndy1807
12/4/2006, 12:17 AM

Just sayin'.

Any team that goes undefeated and has racked up as many wins as BSU has recently deserves some measure of respect. And if you've seen any of their games you know they have athletes.

So go ahead and talk smack (I personally don't care), but don't be surprised when other people call you out on some of it.
1) you do care or you wouldn't be replying.

2) yes, they deserve respect for making Idaho look silly.

3) using the word "ig'nant" makes you look ignorant.

4) lighten up, it's a message board.

Ash
12/4/2006, 12:21 AM
1) you do care or you wouldn't be replying.

2) yes, they deserve respect for making Idaho look silly.

3) using the word "ig'nant" makes you look ignorant.

4) lighten up, it's a message board.

Nope, I don't care. If you fill up five more pages on this thread with talk of how Boise State shouldn't even be in Div1A and OU will win by a million without even fielding a team, I won't lose a second of sleep over it. Just thought it needed to be said.

As far as "ig'nant" goes, you should take #4 of your own advice.

:twinkies:

mdklatt
12/4/2006, 12:22 AM
These Potato Aggies are starting to sound a lot like that team we played in the Rose Bowl a few years ago.

I'm not sure they're aggies. They have "State" in the name, but that doesn't mean they're a land grant school. I looked at their web site, and I didn't see any mention of swine research facilities or degree programs in animal husbandry and tractor maintenance.

sooner518
12/4/2006, 12:25 AM
Think it's fair to say Ian is alot more durable then Peterson. Two broken & rebroken ribs, collapsed lung - end of a season most players - for IJ, that's Saturday.

AP is fast, quick, and physical - but frail. One of the best college runningbacks, no question. But, when he does make the NFL I doubt he makes it through a season.
So because our coaches and medical staff isnt stupid enough to put an injured player into the game, AD is frail? give me a break. I cant wait to see the "frail" AD knocking some BS linebackers on their ***

OUAndy1807
12/4/2006, 12:25 AM
oh crap, we're screwed. Inside information has been leaked that BSU has been lifting weights. there go ours chances.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1698139&postcount=56

Ash
12/4/2006, 12:28 AM
So because our coaches and medical staff isnt stupid enough to put an injured player into the game, AD is frail? give me a break. I cant wait to see the "frail" AD knocking some BS linebackers on their ***

That quote was pretty hilarious. If any given Saturday for their running back means a collapsed lung, who's frail?

Texas Golfer
12/4/2006, 12:31 AM
C'mon, guys. Give them a break. They're just trying to psych themselves up for the asswhippin' they are about to receive.

instigator
12/4/2006, 12:33 AM
Of course it has no real bearing on the outcome of the game, but I do think that the overall lack of respect can spill over to players. They read how Boise doesn't belong on the same field and it can (is said can not will) go to their head.

I think it's just a little classless. Talking smack to Texas or the aggies is one thing, but it's not like we have some long history (read no history) with Boise. I

We are no where the same team that opened the season, but I would venture to guess we can out athlete just about every team we played this year (except texas) and teams with inferior talent were able to stay with us. UAB for instance.

Now a note to you Boise people.
You are delusional if you think we are down. We are far from it. Winning a BCS conference is no freaking joke and our only loss was a rivalry game to the defending national champs. How is that down? We are absolutely loaded. Our secondary is amazing and you will have trouble throwing on us. Nebraska doesn't score on us without the INT and good field position.

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 12:34 AM
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA, "potato aggies"...I love it.

SoonerLB
12/4/2006, 12:39 AM
I've seen them play 3 times this year, and anyone that thinks they are a pushover is way wrong. Ian Johnson is one hell of a running back, and their team speed equals fast! They have nothing to lose, we have a lot to lose.
Talking "ig'nant" smack just fuels their fire, and doesn't help us one bit.
They didn't go undefeated because they are a bunch of cupcakes, it was because they play hard-nosed football, and they play it pretty darned well.
Some of you need to check out Boise State before making too much fun of them, because they are not funny, they are a team we have to be totally prepared to play, and we will have to play well if we want to win.
Like has been said, they have nothing to lose.

shavedmarmoset
12/4/2006, 12:47 AM
It just occurred to me that if we lose this game, we'll probably drop to no. 20 or something ridiculous because they'll say "you lost to a non-BCS school."

Let's not lose.

mdklatt
12/4/2006, 12:55 AM
It just occurred to me that if we lose this game, we'll probably drop to no. 20 or something ridiculous because they'll say "you lost to a non-BCS school."

This is definitely a no-win situation for us. A win won't impress anybody, and a lose will make us a laughingstock...even though we're ranked behind them.

TrophyCollector
12/4/2006, 01:33 AM
I've seen them play 3 times this year, and anyone that thinks they are a pushover is way wrong. Ian Johnson is one hell of a running back, and their team speed equals fast! They have nothing to lose, we have a lot to lose.
Talking "ig'nant" smack just fuels their fire, and doesn't help us one bit.
They didn't go undefeated because they are a bunch of cupcakes, it was because they play hard-nosed football, and they play it pretty darned well.
Some of you need to check out Boise State before making too much fun of them, because they are not funny, they are a team we have to be totally prepared to play, and we will have to play well if we want to win.
Like has been said, they have nothing to lose.

I've watched them play, Johnson is pretty good and Zabransky (how ever the F you spell it) is good, but seems to be running for his life more often than not. The way they are playing lately, the Oklahoma Defense is dominant and without turnovers / short field - Boise is going to have a hard time putting points on the board.

On the other side of the ball, the Boise D-line is fast but small. The OU O-line, AD, AP and CB should be pounding them all night long, stopping to take a break to throw a play-action bomb to MK against either their 5-10 or their 5-11 CB. If our backs make it into their secondary too many times, God help their 185 lb. d-backs.

DenverSooner751
12/4/2006, 01:49 AM
play-action bomb to MK against either their 5-10 or their 5-11 CB. If our backs make it into their secondary too many times, God help their 185 lb. d-backs.

We saw what MK did to Grixby a couple of times.

I think they are a solid all around team, but ignore the stats and take a look at the matchups for a moment. On the wide out side......OU. In the RB dept.....AD/AP/CB........edge to OU slightly....this Ian kid is good. In the QB department we will have to wait and see. Paul is an obvious leader. I don't think they can rattle him into making big mistakes. He might make one or two, but not enough to rattle Paul for the Game. This Zamboni kid, or however the H you spell is name....... It's hard to say. All the video I have seen on him suggests that he does not get the best protection from his O-Line. I don't think he has the speed to Outrun our D.

I laugh my arse off at the BS board. They are drawing comparisons between OU and Oregon State. State had a pretty good year. The talking heads justify this by saying, BS beat OSU and OSU beat USC. Yeah, well USC had no Dwayne Jarrett that day either, arguably the best wide out in the game right now. So if we follow the talking head comparo..... Nebbish almost beat Texa$$ and we didn't hold our ground against Texa$$.....but we pulled off the 14 point victory against the bugeaters. This is garbage comparison.

I see OU 28-BS 17. And I see AD popping the Simms' record too.

TexasIsOUsBtch
12/4/2006, 01:50 AM

Just sayin'.

They do deserve a ton of respect for what they've accomplished... Going undefeated is not an easy task... They said on the BCS selection show, that since 2000, Boise State has the 2nd best winning percentage in the country... Guess who's #1?? That would be the Sooners... I don't care, and this will in no way affect the outcome of the game... I just felt it needed to be said... :)

AlbqSooner
12/4/2006, 07:55 AM
[Bud]We feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to play in a game such as this. Although we will be thorough in our preparations, this Boise State team presents a formidable challenge. We only hope not to embarras ourselves and to play at a level that is worthy of earning a measure of respect from the Boise fans. It would not be realistic to hope for much more against them.[Bud]

stoopified
12/4/2006, 08:59 AM

This is good...
Now I didn't get the memo that we are on the way down right now...did any of you get that memo?Yeah I did...from Stoolwater.They too are emphatic about being a team on the rise while we are on the way down.That figures since I think a game between BSU and OSU is a toss-up,on a neutral field.

ruf/nekdad
12/4/2006, 09:12 AM

No ****. I'm reasonably certain that I will not be asked to suit up.

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 09:16 AM
No ****. I'm reasonably certain that I will not be asked to suit up.

thank you for your input.

ruf/nekdad
12/4/2006, 09:35 AM
thank you for your input.

your welcome.

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 09:38 AM
're

JohnnyMack
12/4/2006, 09:41 AM
're

Who are you, the gramar police?

ruf/nekdad
12/4/2006, 09:42 AM
Thank you for your input.

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 09:44 AM
I'm glad that we got that all cleared up.

usmc-sooner
12/4/2006, 09:46 AM

I think this post may have cost us the game. :D

Miko
12/4/2006, 09:58 AM
I believe in division of labor.

It is the coaches' job to give coach-speak about one game at a time, any given Saturday, mutual respect, etc. etc.

It is the players' job to parrot that in interviews.

I do not want KW calling bs "Potatoe Aggies". That's our job.

I do not want Merv Johnson calling them the Idaho Wannabes. That our job.

I don't want BBB calling them the Little Blue Bitches from Backwater Boise. I'm not sure he could say it and it's our job anyway.

It is our responsibility to point out that they have built an impressive record by playing nobody. So you're the toughest kid on the fourth-grade playground? Good for you. Now here's a quarter, go play in the kiddie bowl with your little friends.

It would in deed, be wrong for anyone associated with OU in an official capacity to suggest that boise state can sit at the grown-ups' table when they play a big-boy schedule or when grampa dies, but not before. That's our job!

JohnnyMack
12/4/2006, 10:04 AM
I'm digging "Potato Aggie".

mdklatt
12/4/2006, 10:05 AM

:les: BUT THEY'RE NOT AGGIES!

OklaPony
12/4/2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah, but as true F'in Hillbillies we should shorten it to "Tater Aggies".

Ash
12/4/2006, 10:09 AM
I believe in division of labor.

It is the coaches' job to give coach-speak about one game at a time, any given Saturday, mutual respect, etc. etc.

It is the players' job to parrot that in interviews.

I do not want KW calling bs "Potatoe Aggies". That's our job.

I do not want Merv Johnson calling them the Idaho Wannabes. That our job.

I don't want BBB calling them the Little Blue Bitches from Backwater Boise. I'm not sure he could say it and it's our job anyway.

It is our responsibility to point out that they have built an impressive record by playing nobody. So you're the toughest kid on the fourth-grade playground? Good for you. Now here's a quarter, go play in the kiddie bowl with your little friends.

It would in deed, be wrong for anyone associated with OU in an official capacity to suggest that boise state can sit at the grown-ups' table when they play a big-boy schedule or when grampa dies, but not before. That's our job!

Or we could pretend that we're classy, knowledgeable fans...

;)

JohnnyMack
12/4/2006, 10:09 AM
:les: BUT THEY'RE NOT AGGIES!

State and/or A&M = Aggie. End of story.

Wichita State Aggie

Michigan State Aggie

Fresno State Aggie

See how that works?

:D

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 10:12 AM

Wichita State Aggie

Michigan State Aggie

Fresno State Aggie

See how that works?

way to put the *** in classy.;)

LSUdeek
12/4/2006, 10:15 AM
BSU will get took just as bad as they got took against UGA in 2005 (48-13) and against Arkansas in 2002 (41-14)..... if not worse.

My prediction? 43-7.

LSUdeek
12/4/2006, 10:16 AM

Wichita State Aggie

Michigan State Aggie

Fresno State Aggie

See how that works?

Technically, LSU is an ag college as well, although we've split the Ag Center off from the main campus. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::les:

JohnnyMack
12/4/2006, 10:23 AM
Technically, LSU is an ag college as well, although we've split the Ag Center off from the main campus. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::les:

:les:UBERAGGIE!!!!!!!

Miko
12/4/2006, 10:51 AM
Allright. Would you feel better if I put it this way:

I am in complete agreement with the bs head football coach, (for whom I have the greatest possible respect and admiration, whoever he is).

He was quoted in the DO as saying,

"It helps take our program to the next level to be mentioned in the same breath with Oklahoma," Broncos coach Chris Petersen said.

Heretofore they have not been on a level deserving to be mentioned in the same breath with Oklahoma. Doing so is of tremendous benefit to them.

Mr. Peterson is obviously a sage man for saying so and is deserving of our respect.

umberto
12/4/2006, 11:22 AM
I love the fact that people from Idaho are making fun of us "hillbillies". THEY LIVE IN IDAHO!! Did I miss something, or did Boise suddenly become a hotbed of culture and fast living? When I think of places that impress me, Los Angeles, New York, and Boise all come to mind. :rolleyes:

jdsooner
12/4/2006, 11:33 AM
Fact from Boise paper: Boise State is 3-14 against BCS conference teams since joining Division 1-A.

From the Idaho Statesman:

They must win.

It's a familiar feeling, one the Broncos are accustomed to. After all, they faced 12 must-win games this season in order to reach their No. 1 goal — a berth in the BCS.

The little guy standard, the one that would have eliminated Boise State with one regular-season loss, goes double for this game. Boise State has a chance to show the nation that it — and other non-BCS conference teams — belong.

But most observers are waiting for the Broncos (3-14 against BCS-conference teams since joining Division I-A) to fall flat, again.

"We have kind of not had a good record in the past with big teams like this and big games," senior linebacker Korey Hall said.

Boise State is the only team in the nation judged by a loss in the first game of the 2005 season. The Broncos' 48-13 defeat at Georgia is a stain not easily removed — no matter how many WAC championship trophies they collect.

That's why this Fiesta Bowl means so much. It may be the culmination of the hard work put forth by 22 seniors, but it also has the chance to be the beginning of a new chapter in Bronco football, one in which the program is taken completely seriously by college football's powerbrokers.

That's why the celebrating should stop now.

Boise State has positioned itself for the chance of a lifetime. Now it must deliver.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2006, 11:36 AM
There is only one Jared Zabranskie....

Really guys, they aren't a bad team. They are capable of beating us if we play bad but if they think catching Oregon St early in the season is any comparison to playing us now when Stoops has a month to prepare for the game and likely gets the best player in the country back then they are batshiat crazy.

The way the defense is playing right now Potato aggie is going to have a hard time scoring, let alone winning the game.

picasso
12/4/2006, 11:42 AM
You guys need to stop that crap. I think we will beat them, but they are like 39-1 since 2003. That is damn impressive. Take them seriously or we will get embarrassed. This is a no win for us. We win and we are supposed to. We lose and we are a joke.
geez. do we have to go over this one more time?

we internet nerds aren't playing the game. the team, coaches, etc.. I'm fairly sure they're taking this one seriously.

every team has delusional fans? yes. we've kind of earned that right to be delusional though.

royalfan5
12/4/2006, 11:50 AM

Wichita State Aggie

Michigan State Aggie

Fresno State Aggie

See how that works?

Idaho is like like Nebraska where the state University is the Ag School, Hence the Vandals are potato Aggie. Boise is the teachers college kind of State like Texas State or Illinois State, or Indiana State

mdklatt
12/4/2006, 12:06 PM
Idaho is like like Nebraska where the state University is the Ag School, Hence the Vandals are potato Aggie.

Thank you!

Unless they have classes like this (http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/meats/Courses/3182/index.htm) or this (http://atiadmissions.osu.edu/cgi-bin/MySQLdb?VIEW=/findmajor/view.txt&currentdept=31) they are not aggies. As a general rule, geographical "state" colleges (Wichita, Bosie, NE, NW) are not aggy.

JohnnyMack
12/4/2006, 12:12 PM
Suck it. They're Aggies.

85Sooner
12/4/2006, 12:50 PM
They need to get ready for AD by Running hummers up and down the field.

FlatheadSooner
12/4/2006, 01:23 PM

Tater-Tots!!!

MikeInNorman
12/4/2006, 01:32 PM
Idaho is like like Nebraska where the state University is the Ag School, Hence the Vandals are potato Aggie. Boise is the teachers college kind of State like Texas State or Illinois State, or Indiana State

Sheep humping alone does not qualify one as Aggy; there must be a streak of delusional little-brotherism (at minimum) to be classified as Aggy. This unique quality of "Aggy" is best exemplified by its creator, the Original Aggy, Texas A& M University, a school so Aggy that its entire fight song is about sombody else. Stoolwater is usually "Aggy Lite", while the rest can be identified by other descriptive modifiers as Sand Aggy (Tech), Swamp Aggy (LSU), Alabama Aggy (Auburn), etc.

I'm sure Boise is some sort of Aggy, if for nothing more than their delusion and the Idaho-sized chip on their shoulders. I sez Potato Aggy is a good as any.

OU Adonis
12/4/2006, 01:32 PM

It doesn't. But your lack of respect is a reflection on the OU program.

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 01:35 PM
It doesn't. But your lack of respect is a reflection on the OU program.

that's awesome that Andy is now the University's spokesman. Or is he just the Athletic Department's rep?

LSUdeek
12/4/2006, 01:41 PM
Sheep humping alone does not qualify one as Aggy; there must be a streak of delusional little-brotherism (at minimum) to be classified as Aggy. This unique quality of "Aggy" is best exemplified by its creator, the Original Aggy, Texas A& M University, a school so Aggy that its entire fight song is about sombody else. Stoolwater is usually "Aggy Lite", while the rest can be identified by other descriptive modifiers as Sand Aggy (Tech), Swamp Aggy (LSU), Alabama Aggy (Auburn), etc.

I'm sure Boise is some sort of Aggy, if for nothing more than their delusion and the Idaho-sized chip on their shoulders. I sez Potato Aggy is a good as any.

Who are we little brothers to?

Auburn's beat Alabama 5 in a row now. I think that ship has sailed.

OUAndy1807
12/4/2006, 01:45 PM
that's awesome that Andy is now the University's spokesman. Or is he just the Athletic Department's rep?
exactly.

when did this board turn into a bunch of tight-asses? If I wanted to read that, I would be on some other OU boards.

The thing most of the dummies are missing in this thread, is that the original post linked to a Boise Board where they were discussing if they would get a share of the National title if Florida beat OSU. The thread gets deleted and now everyone is posting under the presumption that I was talking about BSU in general. I wasn't but now I am:

Boise State Sucks.

SoonerShark
12/4/2006, 01:57 PM
I doubt that they have the conditioning programs that we have in the major conferences. But remember how we were so heavily favored against Arkansas in 1978's Orange Bowl. More than the UA game, I would consider them more like osu in 2001 and 2002 in that this means more to them than it does to us. We are more the more visible team, thus more folks have seen our Achille's heals. I would welcome them overlooking us and feeling that we will overlook them. In the David vs. Goliath match, David won, but that was not a multiple match series like the old Bugs vs. Elmer rivalry. Oh, excuse me, I was thinking of Fudds, not Smurfs.

OSUAggie
12/4/2006, 02:00 PM
.......I would consider them more like osu in 2001 and 2002 in that this means more to them than it does to us....

Eh.. OU is playing for a trophy (a BCS Bowl trophy at that). Bob likes winning trophies. I think the game will mean plenty more to the OU team/coaching staff than did the 2001 OSU game.

starrca23
12/4/2006, 02:02 PM
Agreed. No one is overlooking the Smurfs, no one that mattersa anyway.

OU Adonis
12/4/2006, 02:03 PM

Who ****ed on your carpet? Any person who wears OU attire is a representative of OU.

Think LSU fans represented LSU well in the sugar bowl?

I don't think being a good fan means talking crap about your opponent. A good fan is one who sits in 20 degree weather to watch an OU game, or go to games even when we are down.

1stTimeCaller
12/4/2006, 02:06 PM
Who ****ed on your carpet? Any person who wears OU attire is a representative of OU.

Think LSU fans represented LSU well in the sugar bowl?

I don't think being a good fan means talking crap about your opponent. A good fan is one who sits in 20 degree weather to watch an OU game, or go to games even when we are down.

yawn.

sooner518
12/4/2006, 02:27 PM
Who ****ed on your carpet?

I'd have used the word "shat" in this sentence.

just sayin:D

MikeInNorman
12/4/2006, 02:32 PM
Who are we little brothers to?

Auburn's beat Alabama 5 in a row now. I think that ship has sailed.

If you have to ask.....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/4/2006, 02:40 PM

had you put "Idaho-sized potato chip" i would have given you 5*s on the mosoon scale...

tator
12/4/2006, 02:45 PM

i take exception to that.... :D