PDA

View Full Version : LSU and Notre Dame

MamaMia
12/3/2006, 09:02 PM
Its hard, for me anyway, to decide which team to root for.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/little_devil_winks.gif I do confess that I did get a little chuckle imagining the Notre Dame fans having to contend with the words "tiger bait" shouted into their media darling faces on a constant and continual basis.

AzianSooner
12/3/2006, 09:02 PM
well, I am sure ND is overrated this year.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/3/2006, 09:10 PM
Les's boys will severely punish the domer, for all the grief they and their media sychophants have caused sensible college football fans over the years.

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2006, 09:15 PM
I have no ties to either school and frankly couldn't care less either way. Nonetheless, whenever I watch a game I have to pull for someone. It's just nature.

On the one hand Notre Dame is a fellow private school. On the other hand LSU is the flag school of a fine southern state. On the other hand..their coach is :les:

In the end I think my southern nationalism may tip in LSU's favor.

Rogue
12/3/2006, 09:15 PM
I'll be rooting for the Irish.

bigdsooner
12/3/2006, 09:17 PM
lsu-47
domers-6 (2 field goals)

this game will be a laugher.....right after kickoff

soonerloyal
12/3/2006, 09:24 PM
No question for me...May the Holy Mother and Her Irish Children rain havok and pestilence upon Les Mile's undersized hat.

Even though I'm a Baptist, I have no trouble going to Mass and lighting a candle to help the effort...

TUSooner
12/3/2006, 09:26 PM
I don;t like either one, but, like Sic Em, I HAVE toi be for someone. As much as I think ND is wayyy overrated and taht they deserve to be shot down, I am physically unable to pull for the tigerbaiters, especially when they are insufferable winners and have the unnecessary home-field advantage. I will most likely end up pulling for the domers, but I really don't know. I think LSU fans are torn between the happiness of a home game that more of their most obnoxious fans can attend, and the disappointent over not getting to go to the Rose Bowl for the first time. I would rather have seen them in the Rose: easier to cheer for even USC thatn ND or LSU.
USC vs Michigan in the Rose is so "traditional" that it's, well, BORING; plus USC gets a home game which sux. GO BLUE!

12/3/2006, 09:28 PM
lsu-47
domers-6 (2 field goals)

this game will be a laugher.....right after kickoffI would SO like to play the domer this year-end. Hard to pull for the Tigers, but sometimes ya gotta!

guzziguy
12/3/2006, 09:33 PM
Life-long hatred of the domers. LSU hate is relatively new. Too bad there's no way they can both lose.

freshchris05
12/3/2006, 09:44 PM
I don;t like either one, but, like Sic Em, I HAVE toi be for someone. As much as I think ND is wayyy overrated and taht they deserve to be shot down, I am physically unable to pull for the tigerbaiters, especially when they are insufferable winners and have the unnecessary home-field advantage. I will most likely end up pulling for the domers, but I really don't know. I think LSU fans are torn between the happiness of a home game that more of their most obnoxious fans can attend, and the disappointent over not getting to go to the Rose Bowl for the first time. I would rather have seen them in the Rose: easier to cheer for even USC thatn ND or LSU.
USC vs Michigan in the Rose is so "traditional" that it's, well, BORING; plus USC gets a home game which sux. GO BLUE!

you mean "tig-guh bait-uhs"

OUAndy1807
12/3/2006, 09:52 PM
On the one hand Notre Dame is a fellow private school...
this really factors into your decision process?

this is a tough one for me. usually in these types of games I root for a cropduster full of anthrax to buzz the field, but since this is in a dome, I'm going to root for a huge structure fire.

tbl
12/3/2006, 09:57 PM
I don't find this difficult at all. I'm rooting for the domers all the way... but I have a feeling they're gonna get slaughtered.

OUDoc
12/3/2006, 09:58 PM
I have now learned that my hatred for ND is greater than my hatred of Les Miles and drunken Cajuns. Go (geaux?, no, I can't do it) Tigers.

EstablishedSooner1967
12/3/2006, 10:01 PM
lsu will bet ND in the sugar bowl by 10.... not cheering for either because I really dont like either one but hard to win around all the crazy Cajuns as you Sooners know... or should I say tiger bait!! tiger bait..lol Lets hope the over rated ND wins I guess.

TUSooner
12/3/2006, 10:02 PM
I don't find this difficult at all. I'm rooting for the domers all the way... but I have a feeling they're gonna get slaughtered.

Fully agree about Loud Stupid U slapping ND silly. It will be a nasty trip for ND on the field and off. Maybe they deserve it, but I dunno.

AzianSooner
12/3/2006, 10:02 PM
Jehova said "thou shall not hate thou neighbor" .... but ESPN said otherwise.

sooneron
12/3/2006, 10:07 PM
I guess I pull for lsu.

MamaMia
12/3/2006, 10:13 PM
I suppose I'll root for Notre Dame, but not because I'm catholic. I will root for them knowing that they were made to feel miserable by having to be surrounded by LSU fans spitting "tiger bait" at them for a couple of days, which will give me pleasure enough.

Les and his LSU Tigers need some misery too, so they must lose. :)

Do they still have that live cam at the French Quarter?

yermom
12/3/2006, 10:14 PM
:les: Geaux Tigers!

watching ND extend their bowl losing streak would be too funny

plus, i think they are way overrated and their deal with the BCS is lame.

the jokers can't even get in that regularly, heck we've made it more than they have

plus, i kinda respect Lester's results

SoonerJason
12/3/2006, 10:15 PM
Its in N.O.

Great $$$ for the city, hopefully it helps..

For one day.. Go Tigers.. Beat the panties off of those gay overrated domers.

sooneron
12/3/2006, 10:15 PM
ND getting pwned in the sugah bowl will make the bcs bowls think twice in the future when extending invites to nd.

MamaMia
12/3/2006, 10:20 PM
ND getting pwned in the sugah bowl will make the bcs bowls think twice in the future when extending invites to nd.
Well now, thats a good point as well. I guess I'll have cause to be content no matter who wins. :D

sooneron
12/5/2006, 11:12 AM
Well now, thats a good point as well. I guess I'll have cause to be content no matter who wins. :D
Or do what I plan to do, laugh at whoever the loser is.:D

TripleOption14
12/5/2006, 11:15 AM
An 8-4 team vs. the nations best D..... i know what team i'm putting my money on! :D

Paperclip
12/5/2006, 11:20 AM
After the abuse LSU is going to give ND, Bernard Law is going to have to transfer Les Miles to another diocese.

Flagstaffsooner
12/5/2006, 11:41 AM
Thinking about this makes me shoot vomit ten feet.

SoonerShark
12/5/2006, 12:06 PM
Les Miles in pain would be nice. Notre Dame losing would be nice. LSU, a team I formerly liked until sharing coordinates with its fans for a few days in early 2004, losing would be nice. I am a glass half full type of guy.

achiro
12/5/2006, 12:13 PM
Does one losing help OU in the final polls over the other one losing?

SoonerShark
12/5/2006, 12:14 PM
Satan's Coach v. Satan's Team. Cult v. Cult. Besotted sibling married couple v. Besotted clergymen.

SoonerShark
12/5/2006, 12:16 PM
Q. What do you call a Cajun girl who can outrun her brothers?

A. A v_rg_n.

"Can I buy a vowel, Pat?"

SoonerShark
12/5/2006, 12:17 PM
Does one losing help OU in the final polls over the other one losing?

Hmmm...isn't LoSUr ranked higher?

humblesooner
12/5/2006, 12:21 PM
This will be a fine one to just set back and watch.
I couldn't be happier than LSU getting screwed out of the Rose Bowl....AFTER their fans buying 40,000 tickets and booking non-refundable airline tickets to LA.

And I couldn't be any happeir than thinking about the mighty domers being used and abused in NO in the days leading up to the game.

The game will be almost an after thought for me.

Fugue
12/5/2006, 12:31 PM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8471/lescusssmallvz9.gif

GORILLA BALL
12/5/2006, 07:39 PM
This will be a fine one to just set back and watch.
I couldn't be happier than LSU getting screwed out of the Rose Bowl....AFTER their fans buying 40,000 tickets and booking non-refundable airline tickets to LA.

And I couldn't be any happeir than thinking about the mighty domers being used and abused in NO in the days leading up to the game.

The game will be almost an after thought for me.

the tickets were not purchased, they were in a lottery type system - you gave lsu your credit card and you had a choice of three bowls and if were chosen to get tickets did you actually purchase tickets. the tickets were "purchased" contigent on the tigers recieving a rose bowl bid. thus no bid, no ticket. airline tickets that were purchased can be used on another flight (up to one yr. from purchase) - you might have to pay a transfer fee.

Texas Golfer
12/5/2006, 07:49 PM
I have no ties to either school and frankly couldn't care less either way. Nonetheless, whenever I watch a game I have to pull for someone. It's just nature.

On the one hand Notre Dame is a fellow private school. On the other hand LSU is the flag school of a fine southern state. On the other hand..their coach is :les:

In the end I think my southern nationalism may tip in LSU's favor.

How many damn hands do you have, anyway?

Texas Golfer
12/5/2006, 07:54 PM
I'm rooting for the Domers all the way. Although I don't much care for them, I'm rooting for the underdog while LSU is playing in another home game.

I also am so tired of hearing how the SEC is the best conference with the best teams ever assembled. I want them to go down!

tator
12/5/2006, 07:59 PM
If it's possible for them both to lose and Les to be demolished by a player flying out of bounds.....I'll take that option. Otherwise, whatever.

Scott D
12/5/2006, 08:13 PM
I hope Les can manage to not Les it up.

Winston Churchill
12/6/2006, 02:07 AM
http://www.3d-screensaver-downloads.com/images/free-cat-screensaver/big2.jpg

Miko
12/6/2006, 02:50 AM
Send the volley cheer on high
And shake down the thunder from the sky

I have no bias against ND. I intensly dislike Les. I usually don't mind seeing sec teams lose, especially playing a bowl game in their own back yard.

I fear lsu wins this going away, but I will be cheering for the Irish.

SoonerDood
12/6/2006, 03:06 AM
I hope Les can manage to not Les it up.
he hasn't this year! Which means he's due!
In the meantime, WELCOME TO HELL, NOTRE DAME!

SoonerShark
12/6/2006, 04:51 AM
It is sad that Notre Dame has its own network, its own link on MSNBC and gets a BCS bid if it is in the top 8 by rule. Teams should refuse to play them because without the unfair advantages they would languish outside the Top 25. Considering the fact they are given every advantage you would think they would have a better record the last 10 years. Of course, we do not exist in obscurity since every game we play is on TV, just not nationally. If Notre Dame craps in the woods some national network puts it on StinkCam.

mobilesteve
12/6/2006, 08:55 AM
I dislike Notre Dame like the next guy, but I wouldn't wish LSU fan on my worst enemy, including Notre Dame. Anybody who went to the Sugar Bowl should have an intense dislike for LSEaux. Add Les Miles and the are the team I hate the most. I have never had one Notre Dame fan screaming "Tiger Bait" or cuss word in my face before. However, I have had thousands of LSU fans do that.

LSU Sucks.

TXBOOMER
12/6/2006, 09:08 AM
If noter dane isn't playing texass. I can tell you who I am rooting for. And it sure as heck ain't noter dane.

yermom
12/6/2006, 09:12 AM
he hasn't this year! Which means he's due!
In the meantime, WELCOME TO HELL, NOTRE DAME!

i don't know, holding Allbarn to 7 points and still losing has to be pretty close

swardboy
12/6/2006, 09:36 AM
Eh, guess I'll just sit back, watch, and let 'er rip.

toast
12/6/2006, 11:31 AM
There are three things I'll be hoping for in this game:

1. :les: to get ran over on the sideline.

2. Charlie Weiss to get a new sweatshirt.

3. For it to be 0-0 most of the game and for one of the teams to lose on a safety.

The only unfortunate thing is that one of them is going to win. :(

12/6/2006, 11:38 AM
the tickets were not purchased, they were in a lottery type system - you gave lsu your credit card and you had a choice of three bowls and if were chosen to get tickets did you actually purchase tickets. the tickets were "purchased" contigent on the tigers recieving a rose bowl bid. thus no bid, no ticket. airline tickets that were purchased can be used on another flight (up to one yr. from purchase) - you might have to pay a transfer fee.Yer just makin' that stuff up, so you don't feel so bad about throwing away that crawfish money.

mdklatt
12/6/2006, 11:52 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't hate Les Miles? He's fun to laugh at, and if you look at it objectively he's a good coach.

OSUAggie
12/6/2006, 12:07 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't hate Les Miles? He's fun to laugh at, and if you look at it objectively he's a good coach.

I like Les Miles. He's a helluva coach. He talks in a strange way, which is good for morale.

soonersam
12/6/2006, 12:09 PM
I perfer ND to beat'em and start next year #1 only to lose another 4 games next season.

OUmillenium
12/6/2006, 12:46 PM
Who to root for...
Can't stand Lester/Any sucker/Letr rip

Can't stand ND/overrated/BQ heisman hype

In-laws are catholics from Louisiana = wash

Please help!!!!!!

OSUAggie
12/6/2006, 12:50 PM
French Catholics do not equal Irish Catholics. You just have to decide if you hate Midwesterners or Cajuns more. ND will get more hype if they win, so that's a reason to cheer for LSU.

OUmillenium
12/6/2006, 12:55 PM
French Catholics do not equal Irish Catholics. You just have to decide if you hate Midwesterners or Cajuns more. ND will get more hype if they win, so that's a reason to cheer for LSU.

Also have heard many stories about the tremendous disrespect shown by LSU fans to Sooners.

I definitely hate Midwesterners more than Cajuns since I am married to a Cajun!