PDA

View Full Version : USC #5??

tru2ou
12/3/2006, 08:48 PM
They lose to two unranked teams and stay #5 in the BCS? I guess I dont understand the ratings very well.

- TRU

colleyvillesooner
12/3/2006, 08:49 PM
That really ****es me off. The only poll that put us ahead of them is the one not included anymore, the AP. :mad:

Indy Sooner
12/3/2006, 08:51 PM
That really ****es me off. The only poll that put us ahead of them is the one not included anymore, the AP. :mad:

And is the only poll that really matters, IMO. It has the history, etc., and had the courage to distance itself from a terribly flawed BCS system.

PAW
12/3/2006, 08:51 PM
Well, if you lose early it doesn't hurt you as much. Oh, wait. :mad:

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2006, 08:53 PM
Yet again proving the BCS is nothing but BS.

Give us a ******* playoff already. Damn.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/3/2006, 08:54 PM
Now Now let's not start stroking the AP....they suck too, none of the voters watch all of the games.

tru2ou
12/3/2006, 08:56 PM
Gandolf, did you watch the Fox show? Meyer and Tressel both stated they hadnt seen more than one page the other team played this year.

How are the coaches a credible source either. At least the writers have some time to watch games or do research.

- TRU

Oldnslo
12/3/2006, 08:58 PM
um. that bcs system is the reason we say that SUC 03 "championship" is bogus.

I'm certainly not defending the bcs system. However, under the old system, Ohio State would play SUC; We'd be playing in Miami and Florida would be playing in the Sugar. Meatchicken and Florida would probably not be matched up, either, so they'd be hoping for a tOSU loss and then there would still be a split championship.

OTOH, there's a difference between "better" and "good".

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/3/2006, 08:59 PM
Coaches, AP, USA Today all have weaknesses and you would be suprised how little some of these writers actually watch, Look at ****** from the A&M game, never actually saw it but formed an opinion about it. They should use all of them in my opinion

tru2ou
12/3/2006, 09:01 PM
Coaches, AP, USA Today all have weaknesses and you would be suprised how little some of these writers actually watch, Look at ****** from the A&M game, never actually saw it but formed an opinion about it. They should use all of them in my opinion

Yes, and he admitted it and was kicked out. When was the last time a coach was kicked out for saying they cant watch the games. That's why I think the coaches poll is even more bogus. At least a few of the writers have the time.

They all suck though and a 16 team playoff would take care of it.

- TRU

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2006, 09:07 PM
um. that bcs system is the reason we say that SUC 03 "championship" is bogus.

I'm certainly not defending the bcs system. However, under the old system, Ohio State would play SUC; We'd be playing in Miami and Florida would be playing in the Sugar. Meatchicken and Florida would probably not be matched up, either, so they'd be hoping for a tOSU loss and then there would still be a split championship.

OTOH, there's a difference between "better" and "good".

They both suck. Sure, one sucks less than the other, but they both suck. We need a playoff now.

GrapevineSooner
12/3/2006, 09:10 PM
A few points I'd like to make to exhibit why polls are idiotic.

* The vast majority of the time, it's somebody from the athletic department that fills out the ballot and sends it in. Therefore, it's not really a coach's poll.

* Ballots are due Sunday morning or late Saturday. How the hell is a coach (or a writer for that matter) supposed to take in an entire weekend's action in the span of less than 24 hours and form an objective opinion on which team should be ranked where?

* Push the deadline back a few days at least. I don't need to know the next day how my team's last game affects them in the standings.