SoonerDood
12/3/2006, 08:30 PM
that's what you get for being stupid.

OUHOMER
12/3/2006, 08:32 PM
I guess they should just stay home

badger
12/3/2006, 08:32 PM
and now, they'll buy out the superdome like they did three years ago. face it, they just have a lot of money to waste in louisiana.

or at least that's what it seems.

DrZaius
12/3/2006, 08:37 PM
I guess they are going to have to

LET ER RIP on ebay!

SoonerDood
12/3/2006, 08:55 PM
they just have a lot of money to waste in louisiana.

as does our government.

GORILLA BALL
12/3/2006, 09:29 PM
Technically the tickets weren't purchased, you were given 3 choices of bowls to pre-order tickets for:rose,orange and capital one. Once the bowl choices were passed out depending on your status as a season ticket holder or a booster etc your choices were placed in a lottery type system. Your credit card wouldn't be charged until after you received your order. So i guess you could say these were a waiting type list - on a side note your credit card would be charged a $1 even if you didn't receive any tickets. It is an interesting system to say the least.

bri
12/3/2006, 09:31 PM
"Interesting system" is the nicest way I've ever heard someone say "total ****ing ripoff".

GORILLA BALL
12/3/2006, 09:40 PM
yes, from what i understand lsu fans just donated about $40,000 to the university on a contigency basis. i guess they need to keep les in new hats.

trwxxa
12/3/2006, 09:40 PM
Technically the tickets weren't purchased, you were given 3 choices of bowls to pre-order tickets for:rose,orange and capital one. Once the bowl choices were passed out depending on your status as a season ticket holder or a booster etc your choices were placed in a lottery type system. Your credit card wouldn't be charged until after you received your order. So i guess you could say these were a waiting type list - on a side note your credit card would be charged a $1 even if you didn't receive any tickets. It is an interesting system to say the least.

I thought all schools handled bowl tickets this way. Towards the end of the season, season ticket holders get a list of possible bowl games
and they let the school know the games they would attend and buy tickets. Makes the process easier.

I guess OU does not handle it this way?

tbl
12/3/2006, 09:43 PM
So do the LSU fans look at playing in the dome the same way most of you guys look at playing in the Cotton? I mean, let's assume the Cotton Bowl was a BCS bowl (which I'm assuming most of you would still hate the idea of playing there). It seems to me that the LSU fans eat up getting to play there...

bri
12/3/2006, 09:43 PM
No, OU does a similar thing...They just don't go ahead and charge you a dollar just for the hell of it.

GORILLA BALL
12/3/2006, 09:50 PM
So do the LSU fans look at playing in the dome the same way most of you guys look at playing in the Cotton? I mean, let's assume the Cotton Bowl was a BCS bowl (which I'm assuming most of you would still hate the idea of playing there). It seems to me that the LSU fans eat up getting to play there...
I'm excited to play in the sugar vs. nd, i think it will help in recruiting etc. But, i am a little let down that we will not be playing in the rose bowl. the sugar is an excellent bowl and after playing in the peach bowl for basically having the same record it is a nice situation to be in. I know my son was really looking forward to going to california to play in the granddaddy of the all.

FWIW tiger bait does get old!!

badger
12/3/2006, 10:00 PM
as does our government.
it is better to imply the obvious than state it.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/3/2006, 10:26 PM
and now, they'll buy out the superdome like they did three years ago. face it, they just have a lot of money to waste in louisiana.

That is obvious. Look at the infastructure of the state. Levees anyone?

BudSooner
12/3/2006, 10:28 PM
Perhaps it is the thought of the unwashed LSU fans making the trek and urinating outside the Rose Bowl that was a turnoff to the powers that be.

probably not. ;)

Rhino
12/4/2006, 11:49 AM
Reauxse Beauxwl.

sooner518
12/4/2006, 12:04 PM
Reauxse Beauxwl.
You forgot the 2nd X "Reauxsxe"

frankensooner
12/4/2006, 12:04 PM
I am glad the domers are going to get a dose of Tyyyyyyyger byait! It made my day yesterday when I was watching the selection show.

badger
12/4/2006, 12:08 PM
teehee, LA Times is WRONG:
linky (http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/football/la-sp-fbcrep1dec01,1,3259831.story?coll=la-headlines-sports)

Rhino
12/4/2006, 12:17 PM
EAUXBNEAUXXIEAUXUS BUFFEAUXEAUXNERY

LSUdeek
12/4/2006, 12:20 PM
EAUXBNEAUXXIEAUXUS BUFFEAUXEAUXNERY

Beauxmer Seauxner?

badger
12/4/2006, 12:22 PM
Beauxmer Seauxner?
HEY YEAUX!
http://www.albanyherald.com/Images/Miles_eps1.gif
LET ER RIP!

edit: sorry, bad link

RiddlerOK
12/4/2006, 05:09 PM
Being a native of Louisiana, I am cringing at your humorous attempts to Cajunize these hallowed cliches. Please leave that to the LSU fans, who perform the feat with such passion and lack of skill!

Boomer Sooner!!!