PDA

View Full Version : After everything that happened this season

Boarder
12/3/2006, 08:10 PM
OU is going to a BCS bowl. The Fiesta even. Awesome warm weather venue. New Year's Day.

And you dorks are whining because they're playing Boise? A nice team that has never done anything wrong to anyone?

And you wonder why people talk about how moronic the football board has become.

Wow. Speechless.

Newbomb Turk
12/3/2006, 08:14 PM
hey - careful who you are calling a dork! :mad:

I agree - you gotta be happy. :)

ArkanSooner
12/3/2006, 08:16 PM
Some of us are happy as can be, don't worry SB. Had you told me before the season that we would be going to a BCS game without Bomar, getting screwed at Oregon, losing at Texas, and without A.D. half the year, I would've called you crazy. Just shows the value of Coach Stoops and the mettle of this year's team. I say bring on the Broncos.

Boomer!

Whizbang
12/3/2006, 08:16 PM
So you'd rather play Boise than say Wisconsin, LSU, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, or even USC?

It's a crap game. Maybe good for a scheduled OOC, but for a BCS bowl game?

badger
12/3/2006, 08:18 PM
More adversity for the Sooners to overcome, I guess.

Boomer?

Boarder
So you'd rather play Boise than say Wisconsin, LSU, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, or even USC?

Who gives a crap who they play? What does the trophy chnage with the opponant?

StoopTroup
We're obviously picked to win this one...

I'm OK with playing BS.

They deserve a good opponent and they're getting one.

Boarder
12/3/2006, 08:20 PM
Anyone here ever rooted against Boise? If so, why? They're one of those teams that's fun to watch. Nice people. "Interesting" field. What's not to like?

Crucifax Autumn
12/3/2006, 08:20 PM
Hopefully we'll win by 40 or more and maybe keep these undeserving schools out in the future.

Whizbang
12/3/2006, 08:21 PM
Let's just agree that it's less than a "premier" matchup.

Seriously? The WAC champ?

jk the sooner fan
12/3/2006, 08:21 PM
i dont care who we play, and i dont care whether BSU belongs there or not..come home with the trophy and a 12-2 season.......the trophy that matters at this point is already in norman - Big 12 Champs!

lexsooner
12/3/2006, 08:24 PM
I'm thrilled we will get to kick the crap out of a fellow top 10 team in a BCS bowl. Who cares who we are playing? The only down side would be if by some miracle, we lose the Fiesta Bowl. Now that would be embarassing. Otherwise, bring it on, spuds.

Boarder
12/3/2006, 08:24 PM
Lest some of you forget, a few weeks ago we were preparing to book rooms on the Riverwalk.

Again, I could not possibly care less about who OU's playing. The fact they're in the Fiesta Bowl is amazing and cool enough for me.

OklaPony
12/3/2006, 08:29 PM
Lest some of you forget, a few weeks ago we were preparing to book rooms on the Riverwalk.

Again, I could not possibly care less about who OU's playing. The fact they're in the Fiesta Bowl is amazing and cool enough for me.
Yep, I agree.

Like I said earlier in another thread, this is like a Superbowl to BSU and they are going to be mega-pumped at the prospect of playing Oklahoma. We better not get caught coming out flat in this game for it would truly suck to get beat by the Smurfs on national television.

Boomer Sooner!

bigdsooner
12/3/2006, 08:34 PM
im stocked about playing in the fiesta bowl, my preferred team would have been lsu, but i'll take boise st....hell, i'll take whoever they gave us. where this team came from to where they are now is just incredible. boise st is gonna have a chip on their shoulders and bring everything they have to prove they belong with the elite. i have no doubts that OU will not overlook them

OU-28
bsu-17

soonersweetie
12/3/2006, 08:45 PM
Stoops won't let our guys overlook BSU. I'm also thrilled we are playing in any BCS game against any opponent. We could always have ended up at the Cotton or Alamo, not Big 12 Champs and sitting where the beloved puke orange team is.

Stitch Face
12/3/2006, 08:58 PM
It's good to see the Sooner ego finally back in shape after that loss to a mid-major team in our house last year.

bri
12/3/2006, 09:29 PM

Dude, BSU would pound Wisconsin like they were a drunken freshman band member at a gangbang. And you said LSU twice.

60 years ago, no one thought Oklahoma was any good. Tradition is something you build, and Boise deserves to be where they are.

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 09:42 PM
We're obviously picked to win this one...

I'm OK with playing BS.

They deserve a good opponent and they're getting one.

Why would it be obvious for us to be picked to win? We're ranked #8 and they're ranked #9. We're a (ahem) 2-loss team and they're undefeated.

Just trying to put things into perspective. If we go into this game unprepared because we think we have it in the bag, it will be an ugly time for Sooner fans.

Blues1
12/3/2006, 10:09 PM
i dont care who we play, and i dont care whether BSU belongs there or not..come home with the trophy and a 12-2 season.......the trophy that matters at this point is already in norman - Big 12 Champs!

Amen - plus another Fiesta Bowl trophy will Look Good in Swizter Center.....

How Many Schools have the Trophies We do -- None - One or Two...??

R'

TUSooner
12/3/2006, 10:14 PM
OU is going to a BCS bowl. The Fiesta even. Awesome warm weather venue. New Year's Day.

And you dorks are whining because they're playing Boise? A nice team that has never done anything wrong to anyone?

And you wonder why people talk about how moronic the football board has become.

Wow. Speechless.
I coudn't agree more! SPEK! 3 weeks ago we were pretty much figuring we didn't even have a chance at a BCS bowl. And any team that goes 12-0 desrves respect, if only because we want to be sure they don't get to 13-0.

And I must say that the football board has indeed been afflicted lately with a lot of dorky sophomoric brain farts. And being a noob is no excuse for the lameness. Jeez, we'll start to look like LSU fans before long. <shakes head>

sooneronloan
12/3/2006, 10:14 PM
This team has done everything the hard way. Why would Boise st. be easy? Middle Tenn. state was the only easy win.

gnostic19
12/3/2006, 10:16 PM
I think the interest in this game will grow nationally the closer we get to the game. The non-BCS Conference issue will get alot of play for Boise St AND the Fiesta Bowl happens to be the location of the BCS CH game(alot of press people will be there geting ready for the big game) AND it is also the 2nd coolest bowl, in my humble opinion, next to the Rose Bowl(of course, with all apologies to the OB and all the good this we have experienced with her). It also has the nicest field of all the major bowls AND AD will be challenging MDupree's Fiesta Bowl rushing record!!!

TUSooner
12/3/2006, 10:19 PM

This must be one of the dorky posts Boarder was thinking of.

BSU beat everybody they played; what more could they do?
And they probably feel like some sort of "team of destiny." We'd better take them more seriousmoly thta you do or OUr remarkable season will disappear in a cloud of embarrassment. I'm just glad Stoops, the staff, and the guys are not dorks.

Scott D
12/3/2006, 10:30 PM
I coudn't agree more! SPEK! 3 weeks ago we were pretty much figuring we didn't even have a chance at a BCS bowl. And any team that goes 12-0 desrves respect, if only because we want to be sure they don't get to 13-0.

And I must say that the football board has indeed been afflicted lately with a lot of dorky sophomoric brain farts. And being a noob is no excuse for the lameness. Jeez, we'll start to look like LSU fans before long. <shakes head>

that comparison is an insult to dorky sophomoric brain farts.

Whizbang
12/3/2006, 10:49 PM
Heaven forbid I accidentally list a team twice or actually want to play a "Big Time" school in a BCS game.

"Hey recruits, come here, win Big XII championships and then you can play the WAC champs in the Fiesta Bowl"!!!!!

Are you people SERIOUS??????????

Yeah, I agree that it's GREAT that we made it to the Fiesta Bowl. However, I'd sure as hell rather face someone else. Anyone that says they're more pumped about this matchup than a marquee matchup is crazy (My opinion). We just got screwed because the Fiesta Bowl is hosting the NC game, thus had the last at large pick and HAD to take BSU.

Scott D
12/3/2006, 10:52 PM
Whizbang clearly has a low supply of cheese in his pantry.

Whizbang
12/3/2006, 10:57 PM
I won't pretend to understand what that means, however, I will go on record saying this game is no good for us. No upside to it.

Boarder
12/3/2006, 11:03 PM
"Hey recruits, come here, win Big XII championships and then you can play the WAC champs in the Fiesta Bowl"!!!!!

Oh yeah. I can see it now. Mack heads into the best running back's house.

"Hey, now son. You don't want to go to Oklahoma. See, all they do is win that stupid Big 12 Championship...again. Then, you've got to spend your New Year's Day in Phoenix. You may even have to play a Fiesta Bowl against an opponant who some think don't belong there. You don't want any part of that crap! Come to texas! YEE HAW!"

Wow, negative recruiting at it's finest.

Amazing how quick that arrogance comes back.
You can't be serious. Who do you think you are? OU could be playing C-USA champ for all I care. They're in the Fiesta Bowl.

Stitch Face
12/4/2006, 06:23 PM
Heaven forbid I accidentally list a team twice or actually want to play a "Big Time" school in a BCS game.

The thing is, you won't be playing anybody in the Fiesta Bowl, Mr. Armchair. Those guys in Crimson who have been fighting hard all year will be. Let them play and win like champions against whomever is up next without being made to look like they're settling for something at the expense of your enjoyment.

bri
12/4/2006, 06:39 PM
Just between you and me, I think whizbang was a bitter Fresno State troll. :D

Scott D
12/4/2006, 06:58 PM
between you and me, I think his cheese supply got lower :D

DustySooner
12/4/2006, 07:02 PM
I'm not whining by any means. In fact I am so pumped and still in shock that OU is in the Fiesta Bowl. I'm so proud of our boys and coaches for accomplishing what they have.

Do you all think people are kind of looking at this as a lose/lose situation for OU and a win/win situation for Boise? If OU beats Boise then.."big deal OU beat Boise" and if OU loses then they're the laughing stock of the BCS. If Boise loses then "big deal Boise got beat by a bigger, more athletic, and higher prestiged school" and if they won they'd get all kinds of praise.

Stitch Face
12/4/2006, 07:04 PM
Just between you and me, I think whizbang was a bitter Fresno State troll. :D

Agreed, my modtrolldar was going off a little, but I couldn't keep quiet.

StoopTroup
12/4/2006, 07:28 PM
Why would it be obvious for us to be picked to win? We're ranked #8 and they're ranked #9. We're a (ahem) 2-loss team and they're undefeated.

Just trying to put things into perspective. If we go into this game unprepared because we think we have it in the bag, it will be an ugly time for Sooner fans.
Are you serious?

What's with all this "Bad Mojo" stuff?

I'm sure once the oddsmakers post their lines on this game, I think you'll see what I'm saying.

Boise St. deserves a good opponent...I think they got one.

We're on an 8 game win streak and our two losses...we'll you know the story.

Before the idiot got tossed...we we're picked to win it all.

I think we got closer to that goal than anyone would have thought and played a much tougher schedule than Boise St.

We deserve a BCS Bowl for being the Big XII Champs.

I'm turned off by folks who feel we're going to be unprepared.

I think I've got it in perfect perspective. Bob Stoops is one of the Greatest Coaches in Sooner History and before he's done, I bet he's in the College Football HOF. This is a great Sooner Team and they are going to show Boise St. what it means to play THE BIG XII CHAMPS ! ! !

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

birddog
12/4/2006, 07:42 PM
line opened at 7.5.

i expect it to go as high as 10.5 over the next few weeks.

Stoop Dawg
12/4/2006, 08:07 PM
Boise deserves to be where they are.

A disrespected member of a weak conference who hasn't played an average team yet this season?

I agree.

bri
12/4/2006, 08:17 PM
A disrespected member of a weak conference who hasn't played an average team yet this season?

I agree.

I respect them, the WAC traditionally has some good to decent teams, and ask USC how "average" Oregon State is.

StoopTroup
12/4/2006, 09:35 PM
line opened at 7.5.

i expect it to go as high as 10.5 over the next few weeks.
I rest my case...