PDA

View Full Version : Does Boise really belong in the BCS?

Whizbang
12/3/2006, 08:00 PM
Outside of Idaho & Oklahoma, who cares about this game?

We win what is probably the 3rd best conference in the nation & we're awarded the WAC champ?

This is the 2nd consecutive NON-Title BCS game where we've got hosed with a crappy match up. (Rose Bowl)

I hope we smoke them & the BCS realizes that these cupcakes don't belong with the big boys.

Edit- Thanks for the negspek Beef! Apparently I am an idiot for wanting to play a marquee team rather than one that no other bowl wants & subsequently gets to play us!

soonerboy112
12/3/2006, 08:02 PM
to be fair you can't really blame them if you were in their shoes and you went undefeated you'd want to be there too. that said, i hate this matchup because if we win it's no big deal and if we lose we look horrible. o well, texas in the alamo bowl makes me laugh especially since i go to school with a bunch of smacktalking whorns whose "who won head-to-head" rebuttal is apparently valid now, but wasn't when i used it in '01. i hate orange.

JLMSOONER
12/3/2006, 08:06 PM
OK. Time to get serious. Does anyone have any Boise State stats? Offense/Defense?? Any roster info, name/size/weight/speed????

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 08:06 PM
http://www.labelland.com/106broncobusterLabel.Color-JPEG

guzziguy
12/3/2006, 08:09 PM
12 & 0 should get you a nice dance.

The only reason we even care is because of the criminal zebras of the Burgle 10.

I wish it was different, but it isn't and apparently the coaches and writers who do the polls along with the computers of the BCS can't ignore that wrongly assigned L.

I do find myself yelling at the TV every time some commentator mentions the blown call in Oregon. It wasn't the blown call. It was those blown calls.

GreenSooner
12/3/2006, 08:10 PM
Boise belongs in a sixteen-team playoff system, in which they would:

a) have a chance to win a national championship (which they simply cannot under the present system, despite winning all their games....how unfair is that?), but

b) would probably lose in the first round, thus not making the final eight (or ten, which is what the BCS amounts to now)

Of course, Wisconsin is, in a sense, the team most screwed by the BCS this year. Not that they're so great, but they lost only one game in a real, major conference...but the Big 10 can only send two to the BCS.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/3/2006, 08:15 PM
Yes, No other choices really... besides maybe Wisconsin, but they're very overrated.

On ESPN there were a ton of WVU fans trying to tell me that WVU should get a bid and the big XII champ shouldn't. LMFAO.

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 08:15 PM
If Boise St. continues to mop up in the WAC they should move to a bigger Conference.

I'm betting their Coach will make the jump before they do.

birddog
12/3/2006, 08:19 PM
the only chance boise ever has of winning an nc is to blow us out and start next season in the top 5 and hope for some losses in front of 'em as they run the table.

a bigger school in a bigger conference (such as us in 2000) can start unranked or ranked in the 20's and run the table and find their way into the nc game when it's all said and done. not boise.

iknowyoudidnt
12/3/2006, 08:21 PM
The loss to Texas is what kept us out of the championship game, so they can rally around that, I guess. The Oregon game didn't really end up meaning that much, which doesn't make it hurt any less, but is a tiny bit satisfying.

Egeo
12/3/2006, 08:25 PM
OK. Time to get serious. Does anyone have any Boise State stats? Offense/Defense?? Any roster info, name/size/weight/speed????
try the ncaa webpage
but boise has a top flight run game statistically

as far as boise being bcs worthy... are they undefeated?
if OU was in the wac and went undefeated you guys would think we were bcs worthy

Whizbang
12/3/2006, 08:29 PM
We WOULD be undefeated every year if we had this schedule.

08/31 Sac St
09/07 Oregon St
09/16 at Wyoming
09/23 Hawaii
09/30 at Utah
10/07 La Tech
10/15 at New Mexico St
10/21 at Idaho
11/01 Fresno St
11/11 at San Jose St
11/18 Utah St
11/25 at Nevada

sooneron
12/3/2006, 08:30 PM
Their "high powered offense" faced defenses that averaged a SEVENTY FIVE ranking! That number is helped by the fact that they played wyoming, who in turn, played a really weak offensive team sched.

SoonerDood
12/3/2006, 08:31 PM
All the expanded BCS did was allow 2 teams in that have no business being there- Boise and ND.

Oldnslo
12/3/2006, 08:32 PM
Their schedule is available on espn's website. Boise beat Oregon State in the 2nd week of their season.

We'd be undefeated against their slate of opponents, too.

I think saxet, ATM, Nebbish, Mizzery, and maybe even OSU would be undefeated against Boise's schedule.

Egeo
12/3/2006, 08:33 PM
All the expanded BCS did was allow 2 teams in that have no business being there- Boise and ND.
any given gameday man

DrZaius
12/3/2006, 08:35 PM

Last night during our drubbing of the dreaded nebbish they threw up some comparison stats. Boise is surprisingly well matched stat wise.

Of course the difference is between the conference talent. Their's BLOWS and our is BETTER.

So even though stat wise we are close, overall the teams we have played are much tougher than theirs.......BY A LOT!

:D

CatfishSooner
12/3/2006, 08:41 PM
"Boise doesn't belong"...they'll use that to their advantage probably

Bud_Wilkinson
12/3/2006, 08:46 PM
The spin begins: On the BCS show, it showed specific stats, for Boise it showed a that Johnson leads the country in rushing TDs. For OU, it showed that we were tied with Illinois for most fumbles lost.
I wonder, is that all they could come up with to make it look like a close match?
I guess if we would turn the ball over 5-8 times, it could be close. otherwise PFFFFT!

TUSooner
12/3/2006, 08:53 PM
We should beat BSU, sure, But let's not forget that they will be very highly motivated. They are an underdog with lots to prove and practically nothing to lose. First, they need to prove that they "belong." What better way to show they belong than by beating a legendary program like OUrs? And we all know that upsets happen; ask USCl.
I hope OUr guys (i.e., Birdine) keep quiet and take care of business.

sooneron
12/3/2006, 09:09 PM
It's great that we're in a bcs bowl, but this is a lose/lose situation for us. If we win, boise sucks and has no business there. If we lose, the pundits start up the "has Bob lost his mojo?" speak.

MamaMia
12/3/2006, 09:22 PM
The people from their own conference were very active and extremely annoying in lobbying for the right to run with the big dogs. I think its silly that we have been paired with Boise State, but we should be polite to them; both before and after we totally crimson and cream them on National TV.

arcman46
12/3/2006, 09:30 PM
The loss to Texas is what kept us out of the championship game, so they can rally around that, I guess. The Oregon game didn't really end up meaning that much, which doesn't make it hurt any less, but is a tiny bit satisfying.

If we had beaten Texass, and have the dubious loss to Oregon, we most certainly would be in the NC game. Losing to Texass is what cost us. :mad:

bri
12/3/2006, 09:39 PM
Unbelievable. The "extra" BCS game does what it was MEANT to do (give a "mid-major" a chance to make a BCS bowl) and we're bitching about it.

Sooner-N-KS
12/3/2006, 09:47 PM
Unbelievable. The "extra" BCS game does what it was MEANT to do (give a "mid-major" a chance to make a BCS bowl) and we're bitching about it.

Yeah, but who said they like what the BCS has been doing? The BCS still doesn't work. Who's to say that Michigan shouldn't be in the championship game?

I am glad Michigan is playing in the Rose Bowl. I think they will throttle SC.

LRoss
12/3/2006, 09:47 PM
They've won all their games, so I say they "belong" as much as they can. Of course nobody outside of Idaho thinks they're one of the 10 best teams in the country, but it's not about being the best team, it's about winning. They won, therefore they "belong."

I wish we could play somebody else, too. I'd love to see them play Wake Forest and we could get Louisville. But we got who we got, and I can't hold that against BSU.

(Heh. BSU. Heh. I know, I know, I'm a child. . . .)

Flying Scotsman
12/3/2006, 09:48 PM
"I think we are extremely lucky to be able to be on the same field as a team from the WAC. Our guys are going to be a little nervous since they've never played anyone as good as you. We're just looking to make it entertaining for a quarter or so, collect our check, and hope they don't put all of our players in the hospital."

Borrowed.....UGH!

RespectTheBlue
12/3/2006, 09:51 PM
Hey Sooner Nation!

First I would like to say we, as Bronco fans, are very excited and honored to be playing against the Sooners in our first BCS bowl! That being said, I can completely understand your reservations about playing against the team with the "smurf turf" who is relatively new to division 1-A football. 10 years new to be exact. I can see where you would feel that this is a “no-win” situation you are all in.

As a sooner fan:

A) If we win it’s no big deal, we’re suppose to win.
B) If we lose, the world will come to an end.

As a Boise fan:

A) We’re in the BCS Bowl what more could we ask for?!
B) If we lose, at least we busted into the BCS!
C) IF we win this game, we’ve proved we can play with the “big boys” of college football.

We hear the same arguments on a regular basis; Who have you played? Your SOS is weak. Georgia killed you last year, you can’t compete on this level. You don’t belong because… (insert favorite reason here)
And for the most part we sit back and roll with the punches. We actually enjoy these conversations and like being the underdog.

Comparing our two teams is really like comparing apples and oranges. Sooners are a large school with deep pockets. Boise State is a small school in comparison with pockets about a ¼ of the size of yours. You pull from a different talent pool. Bigger, faster, stronger… you name it. While we pull from a “Blue Collar” talent pool. Maybe not as strong or as fast but with twice the heart of any team I’ve seen. Our ability to pull talent, however, is changing as of late. We are landing bigger names more frequently and year after year our recruiting class is better than the last.

Our young men on the playing field believe in the system and carry chips on their shoulders which grow larger by the week. All the naysayers around the nation have been saying exactly what you say on this board. They receive this with open ears and look to prove themselves where it counts… on the field. They play with heart and tenacity and with the will to never give up.

We can compare stats if you like http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/headToHeadTeamResults?statsId1=24&statsType1=Offense&statsId2=112&statsType2=Offense&type=Team but as it was stated further up in this forum we can’t accurately compare this because our SOS is weaker and we play against teams like Utah State and Idaho. I honestly hope that your coaches feel the same way and don’t pay attention to the numbers in the stats. I hope they concentrate on how much bigger, stronger, and faster your team is and not on the fundamentals of football. Because after all, this game is a given that the Sooners are going to triumph without flinching or giving BSU a second look.

All that being said, I look forward to the meeting down in the Valley of the Sun. I hope for a game with good sportsmanship and no injuries. I also hope for great discussions of football between the fans. Feel free to come over to BC (Bronco Country) and post. We’d be glad to hear from you!

For talking about football:
http://mb14.scout.com/fboisestatefrm7

For banter:
http://mb14.scout.com/fboisestatefrm2

Go Broncos!

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks, RTB.

We all believe we haven't received the proper respect this season (particularly in light of "the call"). Can you imagine the lack of respect should we lose to BSU?

RespectTheBlue
12/3/2006, 10:12 PM
Honestly, I doubt you will lose respect from one loss to Boise State. Respect is earned, which is something the Sooners have done for a very long time now. A slight blow to the ego? Maybe. A lasting loss of respect around the nation, not likely. You don't have as much to lose as you think you do. You've been around too long to have any major impact from one game played against BSU, win or lose. I actually feel we have more on the line. If we lose it's "We told you that you don't belong." If we win it's "We told you we blong." We've been hearing it non-stop since the Georgia game last year. That hurt us in a lot of the voters eyes. We still have to EARN the Nations respect. You all already have it.

sooneron
12/3/2006, 10:20 PM
Every thread on that board that approaches a conversation about football turns into "nuh-uh, you are not better!! We run a power running game and will wear your vaunted Sooner D down!" And this response is in reply to defenses they've faced this year.

MiccoMacey
12/3/2006, 10:20 PM
Great post, RTB.

Scott D
12/3/2006, 10:22 PM
Every thread on that board that approaches a conversation about football turns into "nuh-uh, you are not better!! We run a power running game and will wear your vaunted Sooner D down!" And this response is in reply to defenses they've faced this year.

kinda like most every thread here that isn't filled left and right with excessive whining about self induced delusions by the posters in question ;)

sooneron
12/3/2006, 10:42 PM
kinda like most every thread here that isn't filled left and right with excessive whining about self induced delusions by the posters in question ;)
Yeah, except there was no football speak, except for maybe three posts, then it got really stupid again. I saw better threads with whorns this year than what I saw over there.

Scott D
12/3/2006, 10:51 PM
well to be fair, they've got the blue turf to blind them, and potatoes to grow in Boise :)

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/3/2006, 10:59 PM
Outside of Idaho & Oklahoma, who cares about this game?

We win what is probably the 3rd best conference in the nation & we're awarded the WAC champ?

This is the 2nd consecutive NON-Title BCS game where we've got hosed with a crappy match up. (Rose Bowl)

I hope we smoke them & the BCS realizes that these cupcakes don't belong with the big boys.

Edit- Thanks for the negspek Beef! Apparently I am an idiot for wanting to play a marquee team rather than one that no other bowl wants & subsequently gets to play us!

You are such an idiot, I not only banned you, but I deleted your account.

Freak.

St. Louis Sooner
12/3/2006, 11:00 PM
Every Div1A team deserves a shot at a BCS bowl ... 'nuff said.

I disagree with Boise State's path. They aren't facing the same standards like the others in the BCS. Wouldn't anyone want an easier road to glory?

It's the adage of: 'Anything can happen on any given day,' that keeps me humble though.

So I say, Let's put on some pads and go knock each other around for awhile. We'll sort it all out afterwards.

RespectTheBlue
12/3/2006, 11:07 PM
We play with the cards that we are dealt. We play by the rules laid out by the BCS. You keep saying OU would roll over the competition in the WAC, wich is quite possible, but would OU be able to do it with BSU's budget and facilities? I have no doubt that OU would be able to do it with their current players and history. But cut your budget by 3/4, and be 10 years new to the division, then we can discuss what OU would or wouldn't do.

Like St Louis Sooner said... let's settle it on the field. I'll come eat my crow if we lose, I'd only hope you all would do the same.

sooneron
12/3/2006, 11:20 PM
We play with the cards that we are dealt. We play by the rules laid out by the BCS. You keep saying OU would roll over the competition in the WAC, wich is quite possible, but would OU be able to do it with BSU's budget and facilities? I have no doubt that OU would be able to do it with their current players and history. But cut your budget by 3/4, and be 10 years new to the division, then we can discuss what OU would or wouldn't do.

Like St Louis Sooner said... let's settle it on the field. I'll come eat my crow if we lose, I'd only hope you all would do the same.
So you were "dealt" D1AA Sac State??

RespectTheBlue
12/3/2006, 11:33 PM
Yes, it's hard for us to get OOC games scheduled. Very few teams will do 1 & 1 with us from the "big boys."

Sac State took the empty slot. Our SOS will be better next year and continue to grow in strength.

It was good for SAC State because they got some $$$. Only thing it hurt for us was overall SOS.

Boarder
12/3/2006, 11:39 PM
If very few Big Boys will do 1 & 1 and you still are playing in the WAC, your SOS won't really continue to grow in strength.

RespectTheBlue
12/3/2006, 11:42 PM
We've got Oregon scheduled and Washington next year I believe... plus a possiblity of another mystery (BCS school) match-up in the works.

Boarder
12/3/2006, 11:45 PM
I'd try to hire some WAC officials. :D

sooneron
12/3/2006, 11:46 PM
If very few Big Boys will do 1 & 1 and you still are playing in the WAC, your SOS won't really continue to grow in strength.
I was about to say the same, with the possible exception of regional teams. You guys are going to have to go at it the Fresno St route and travel. As much bravado as your fanbase talks about taking on all comers, you need an AD that mirrors that and schedules likewise.

Ash
12/3/2006, 11:46 PM
If you can't get the one and one's, start proving you belong by going out and beating quality teams. Yeah, it sucks not having the home game but if that's what you have to do to gain respect...well, sometimes that's the price you pay.

Some guy named Bowden tried it with a State school in the South somewhere, whatever happened to that guy?

RespectTheBlue
12/3/2006, 11:50 PM
A little preview of IJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIIWwg8iOl8
http://yodadrive.mypsh.com/drives/parallelworlds/Video/IJHighlights.htm

OUAndy1807
12/3/2006, 11:52 PM
30 seconds in and all I see are clips and missed arm tackles. Should I keep watching or is it just more of the same?

RespectTheBlue
12/3/2006, 11:54 PM
keep watching... this time open your eyes though... or take off your homer goggles.

RespectTheBlue
12/3/2006, 11:56 PM
OH... and keep in mind he's a sophmore.

bar4d
12/3/2006, 11:59 PM
I was going to ask a question or two about some of your position players, but after reading many of your posts, I think it best...

...Boise State is lucky to even be on the same field as the talented team from Oklahoma. We just hope to make it entertaining for a quarter or so, collect our check and hope the Sooners don't put too many Bronco players into the hospital.

RespectTheBlue
12/4/2006, 12:00 AM
LOL... that's funny.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/4/2006, 12:01 AM
I was going to ask a question or two about some of your position players, but after reading many of your posts, I think it best...

...Boise State is lucky to even be on the same field as the talented team from Oklahoma. We just hope to make it entertaining for a quarter or so, collect our check and hope the Sooners don't put too many Bronco players into the hospital.

Go away, troll. Someone's crossing your bridge.

OUAndy1807
12/4/2006, 12:02 AM
OH... and keep in mind he's a sophmore.
what difference does this make to us?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJ1xDBT1jM
this was our running back with 2 years less experience than he has now.

mdklatt
12/4/2006, 12:14 AM
this was our running back with 2 years less experience than he has now

But has AD ever faced a defense like UI (Idaho?) or New Mexico State?

Texas Golfer
12/4/2006, 12:18 AM
A little preview of IJ

The kid put on a clinic against Oregon State. Almost 250 yards and 5 TDs! Very impressive! He's an Adrian Peterson wannabe.

But I thought blue grass was in Kentucky.

CrimsonandCreamForever
12/4/2006, 12:22 AM
Hey guys, not to rain on the Boise bashing parade or anything, but I've heard from an inside source that not only have they been lifting weights this year, they've also started running wind sprints. Just thought I'd pass the info along. :twinkies:

OUAndy1807
12/4/2006, 12:23 AM
Hey guys, not to rain on the Boise bashing parade or anything, but I've heard from an inside source that not only have they been lifting weights this year, they've also started running wind sprints. Just thought I'd pass the info along. :twinkies:
oh no, we're ****ed.

RespectTheBlue
12/4/2006, 12:26 AM
I have a lot of respect for AD... I'm just showing that we have talent in the back as well.

bar4d
12/4/2006, 01:06 PM

soonerspudman
12/4/2006, 02:30 PM
Been watching this post for a couple of years, sooner living in Boise the past 20 years, but sooner born, sooner bred (first game ou-cu, 1968, last game ou-suc OB, I go back to the s. e-z knothole club for those who remember).

Some thoughts from a local on this improbable matchup that I would never have expected:

1) If wondering about BSU players, they're basically guys just under the PAC-10 radar screen or recruited by not hard. From this pool they find guys with smarts, integrity, and a blue-collar work ethic. So they're typically 260 instead of 275 or run a 4.55 not a 4.45 but "football smart".

2) The staff demands as much or more commitment from these guys as any team around. Any sign of ego above team is immediately culled, no questions asked.

3) While not as talanted physically, mentally BSU plays like an NFL team with every play executed as drawn. Understand and agree with SOC issue and that inferior teams can make you look better, but OU would be undfeated this year if they played at BSU's level mentally.

4) Offense much like Nebbish with every formation in the book and multiple pre-snap shifts. They're uncanny at putting the ball where the defense isn't and running plays the exact opposite of what the situation appears to call for.

5) Ian Johnson is the most patient running back I've ever seen, he reminds me of Tony Dorsett, he gets behind his blockers and waits for the defense to commit, then goes the opposite way. Discipline will be key for OUs defense.

6) Defense for BSU used to be something you had to do while waiting to get the ball back, that's improved but BSU and the WAC have yet to understand that defense wins championships. BSUs defense will have multiple match-up problems v. OU and will likely get steam-rolled.

7) The local fan base here believes they will out-travel OU and make the stadium "home field". In for a dissapointment there, but sooner nation needs to turn out.

Net, BSU doesn't match OU physically, they do have a mental edge on offense. Therefore, OU needs to, in my opinion, focus on playing smart with no busts, turnovers, etc...

BTW, I know the potato jokes are fun, but if you've never been here, Boise is actually a very cool place to live.

Go Sooners.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
12/4/2006, 02:33 PM
We've got Oregon scheduled and Washington next year I believe... plus a possiblity of another mystery (BCS school) match-up in the works.

I hope those games are in your house and have some WAC refs.
Let me give you a little scouting report for both teams. They both have a couple of players that are real game changers. Seriously, just when you think you have the game won, they can just snatch it away from you. Whats strange though is they even wear the same uniforms. They are like this black and white stripped getup. And they go old school, no helmets or pads. Don't know they names right off the top of my head but take my word for it they can rip your heart out.

bri
12/4/2006, 02:52 PM
I'm just showing that we have talent in the back as well.

Badonkadonk?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2006, 02:58 PM
Been watching this post for a couple of years, sooner living in Boise the past 20 years, but sooner born, sooner bred (first game ou-cu, 1968, last game ou-suc OB, I go back to the s. e-z knothole club for those who remember).

Some thoughts from a local on this improbable matchup that I would never have expected:

1) If wondering about BSU players, they're basically guys just under the PAC-10 radar screen or recruited by not hard. From this pool they find guys with smarts, integrity, and a blue-collar work ethic. So they're typically 260 instead of 275 or run a 4.55 not a 4.45 but "football smart".

2) The staff demands as much or more commitment from these guys as any team around. Any sign of ego above team is immediately culled, no questions asked.

3) While not as talanted physically, mentally BSU plays like an NFL team with every play executed as drawn. Understand and agree with SOC issue and that inferior teams can make you look better, but OU would be undfeated this year if they played at BSU's level mentally.

4) Offense much like Nebbish with every formation in the book and multiple pre-snap shifts. They're uncanny at putting the ball where the defense isn't and running plays the exact opposite of what the situation appears to call for.

5) Ian Johnson is the most patient running back I've ever seen, he reminds me of Tony Dorsett, he gets behind his blockers and waits for the defense to commit, then goes the opposite way. Discipline will be key for OUs defense.

6) Defense for BSU used to be something you had to do while waiting to get the ball back, that's improved but BSU and the WAC have yet to understand that defense wins championships. BSUs defense will have multiple match-up problems v. OU and will likely get steam-rolled.

7) The local fan base here believes they will out-travel OU and make the stadium "home field". In for a dissapointment there, but sooner nation needs to turn out.

Net, BSU doesn't match OU physically, they do have a mental edge on offense. Therefore, OU needs to, in my opinion, focus on playing smart with no busts, turnovers, etc...

BTW, I know the potato jokes are fun, but if you've never been here, Boise is actually a very cool place to live.

Go Sooners.

I've watched Boise St a couple times this year myself and my general obsevations are the same as yours.

Ian Johnson is a good back but not nearly as dynamic as the back for A&M (Goodson). Boise won't line up against us and run at us (for long anyway) and then they will try to outscheme us.

In short though: OU generally speaking is bigger, faster and more athletic overall than Boise St. The only clear edge that Boise has is that most people expect them to win. No knock on (Coach) Peterson but I don't think Boise is going to have a coaching edge in this game either. I think most people agree Stoops is pretty good.

Especially if AD is back and healthy the ONLY way I see Boise making this a game is if they seriously outplay us and being there is no other game to look ahead to and the fact that this team has been as mentally tough as any Stoops' team I don't see us coming out flat.

soonerspudman
12/4/2006, 03:17 PM
Agree sooners not likely to come out flat. They've played with a chip on their shoulders the second half of this year and will probably continue to do so until they get back to the NC game. Just deliver us a QB next year...

The Maestro
12/4/2006, 03:23 PM
My word of advice to Boise is this: Lock your doors and hide all possessions before you leave for Glendale. Miami will be in town while you are gone.

Stoop Dawg
12/4/2006, 04:01 PM
We play with the cards that we are dealt. We play by the rules laid out by the BCS.

I don't think most people actually have a problem with BSU (in particular) being in the BCS. I think people are indirectly questioning the lack of adequate SOS factoring into the system.

You keep saying OU would roll over the competition in the WAC, wich is quite possible, but would OU be able to do it with BSU's budget and facilities? I have no doubt that OU would be able to do it with their current players and history. But cut your budget by 3/4, and be 10 years new to the division, then we can discuss what OU would or wouldn't do.

And I could box with Mike Tyson if he would lose about 150 lbs of muscle and agree not to train for about 3 years. What's your point?

The only way for BSU to gain respect is by beating quality opponents. Fresno St was able to gain a little respect by beating some good opponents and with their "we'll play anyone anywhere" attitude. Not surprisingly, they started losing when they started playing tougher competition.

Bottom line: If you want respect, increase your budget by 400%, join the PAC 10, and continue to win all of your games. Outside of that, you'll continue to be disrespected. Sorry.

Stoop Dawg
12/4/2006, 04:08 PM
A little preview of IJ

It's a little long. Would be nice if they just showed each play once instead of the same plays over and over.

Looks like he has some speed, but don't expect OU to tackle THAT poorly. Not saying our guys make every single tackle, but holy crap that's awful.

That said, I expect he'll break a long one or two. Hopefully it won't be enough for the win.

mdklatt
12/4/2006, 04:10 PM
Looks like he has some speed, but don't expect OU to tackle THAT poorly. Not saying our guys make every single tackle, but holy crap that's awful.

You mean our defense is probably better than Idaho's? :D

Miko
12/4/2006, 04:30 PM
Let's put this another way:

Would our beloved Sooners of 1911 deserve to be in the bsc? They went undefeated!!!! Now, granted we played Kingfisher College and Northwestern Oklahoma State and we were not in a conference at the time...BUT WE WERE UNDEFEATED!!!!!