PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State vs. Florida...It's Official

tru2ou
12/3/2006, 06:08 PM
Wow, I hope this makes the whole thing blow up.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/football/la-sp-bcs4dec04,0,6645854.story?coll=la-home-headlines

- TRU

RedStripe
12/3/2006, 06:10 PM
Florida not getting in would have done it. The SEC would have freaked

Paperclip
12/3/2006, 06:12 PM
LSU is going to crush ND.

SwooshOU
12/3/2006, 06:20 PM
Michigan shouldn't complain. If the Big 10 had a conference title game and Michigan won, they would most likely be in the National Title game. Sometimes conference championship games can hurt you and sometimes it can help like it did Florida.

GreenSooner
12/3/2006, 06:23 PM
Florida not getting in would have done it. The SEC would have freaked
There's far too much money wrapped up in the BCS for that to happen (though I think they'd make even more money with a playoff system...but the powers-that-be seem unable to figure this out).

And, unfortunately, there are still too many zombies in the media willing to mouth the party line about the sanctity of the bowls and about every game being a playoff.

Try to tell Boise State that every game is playoff! This season, they're simultaneously getting too far and not getting a fair shot at a national title. In a fair system, BSU would be invited to a sixteen-team playoff and then get their clock cleaned in the first or second round. But at least they'd have a fair shot.

I've now more or less given up on the irrationality of the BCS itself bringing the system to an end. By this point, everyone knows the system is irrational. Year in and year out it results in arbitrary MNC games and teams with good cases sitting on the sidelines. But it just doesn't seem to matter, largely because the people counting on getting a big pay day get their big pay day.

Newbomb Turk
12/3/2006, 06:26 PM
The title game and Rose bowl should be good games.