PDA

View Full Version : Tejas fans

humblesooner
12/3/2006, 04:58 PM
We were at the watch party in Houston last night. While we were watching, a group of girls softball players from Austin came in for dinner. A couple of the adults were wearing Horn apparel. We looked at them and smiled as they came in. We were up by 14, so they were having a hard time saying anything.
They never said good luck, good game, nothing. While they were eating, Neb scored, and the whole table erupted, as if they were Husker fans. One of the guys at our table yells out, "What game are the Whorns playing in tonight?".
They cheered anything Neb did good until MK's last TD. Then quietly paid their bill and got up and left.
Very satisfying.

BOOMER SOONER

soonerbrat
12/3/2006, 05:02 PM
yeah..my whorn friend sent me a text message after the game "texas beat ou and nebraska"

he's so bitter. I replied "yeah, but OU beat a&m"

St. Louis Sooner
12/3/2006, 05:04 PM
Thank you ... it's good to hear those kind of stories!

humblesooner
12/3/2006, 05:06 PM
yeah..my whorn friend sent me a text message after the game "texas beat ou and nebraska"

Or better yet, "I think Bob may have your trophy then!!!"

WoooooHooooooo

St. Louis Sooner
12/3/2006, 05:09 PM
Is it just me or does losing a BCS bid, the Big 12 South, a shot at B12 championship, and 2 of 3 aggie games sound far worse??? Please someone ... talk some sense into me ...

humblesooner
12/3/2006, 05:14 PM
Is it just me or does losing a BCS bid, the Big 12 South, a shot at B12 championship, and 2 of 3 aggie games sound far worse??? Please someone ... talk some sense into me ...

If you go a little deeper, they lost a chance at the BCS Championship game, they lost a chance at the Cotton Bowl, they lost a chance at the Gator Bowl, they lost a chance at the Holiday bowl.

The thing they kept, was the home game for the Alamo Bowl.

Indy Sooner
12/3/2006, 05:18 PM
The thing they kept, was the home game for the Alamo Bowl.

A bowl game on Dec. 30th... it barely, and I mean barely, qualifies as a mid-tier bowl. How embarrassing. A university with pride would politely decline such humiliation and save the fuel on the one hour bus ride.

josh09
12/3/2006, 06:10 PM
We were at the watch party in Houston last night. While we were watching, a group of girls softball players from Austin came in for dinner. A couple of the adults were wearing Horn apparel. We looked at them and smiled as they came in. We were up by 14, so they were having a hard time saying anything.
They never said good luck, good game, nothing. While they were eating, Neb scored, and the whole table erupted, as if they were Husker fans. One of the guys at our table yells out, "What game are the Whorns playing in tonight?".
They cheered anything Neb did good until MK's last TD. Then quietly paid their bill and got up and left.
Very satisfying.

BOOMER SOONER

ahahaha sounds like a typical bunch of whorns

BASSooner
12/3/2006, 06:36 PM

you should've just said:

"...but we won the big 12 championship"

picasso
12/3/2006, 06:38 PM

you should have sent one back that said "And lost to 2 aggy schools."

soonerbrat
12/3/2006, 06:39 PM
you should've just said:

"...but we won the big 12 championship"

oh, i said that too.
don't worry....i said plenty :D