PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else think the officials missed a few calls

usmc-sooner
12/3/2006, 01:46 PM
I'll start by saying I'm biased as hell for OU
but they missed an OU fumble recovery as he was ruled down (even the announcers thought he was ruled down too early)

I noticed 2 blatant PI on NU that weren't called. The one on Kelly also had the announcers questioning the no call.

I noticed their O-line holding our ends badly. Which is ok if you don't call it either way but I think they hit us for it twice.

It wasn't the worse reffed game I've ever seen but there were times when I was just like.........huh?

I think we dominate BSU and end up in the top 5.

Partial Qualifier
12/3/2006, 01:49 PM
MK could've been called for pushing off on two particularly big catches; I think they were 'letting them play' out there last night

Paperclip
12/3/2006, 01:49 PM
Seeing how MK pushed off everytime he ran a route I'm ok with them not calling the pass plays too closely.

Getem
12/3/2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah, and the missed call on the fumble was rendered moot by the 66-yard burner.

bluedogok
12/3/2006, 02:51 PM
Officiating stinks in general, as long as they call it somewhat equal and consistent (which is what basketball lacks) that is all I care about.

OUinFLA
12/3/2006, 03:01 PM
Officiating stinks in general, as long as they call it somewhat equal and consistent (which is what basketball lacks) that is all I care about.

So, then you're sayin the team that cheats the best has a better chance of winning?

:D

trwxxa
12/3/2006, 03:28 PM
I sure thought the "catch" by Eldridge in the 2nd quarter was good. He had control to the ground and it would have given us a first down in Nebraska territory.

Other than that, I think they were told to let them play.

sooner518
12/3/2006, 03:41 PM
I thought there were a couple bad calls, but overall, I have no complaints about the officiating

East Coast Bias
12/3/2006, 04:59 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the ref's in the NFL are light years ahead of the college versions? You seldom see the crap calls in the NFL that we see every week in college. The reviews are made with whatever time it takes... They never over rule on the field calls at the college level they should just scrap the whole play review system. When they let a bad call stand it hurts the systems credibility....

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 05:03 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the ref's in the NFL are light years ahead of the college versions? You seldom see the crap calls in the NFL that we see every week in college. The reviews are made with whatever time it takes... They never over rule on the field calls at the college level they should just scrap the whole play review system. When they let a bad call stand it hurts the systems credibility....

NFL refs are paid significantly better than their NCAA counterparts. There's also only 16 games to officiate each week as opposed to 50+.

humblesooner
12/3/2006, 05:04 PM

The problem with NFL versus NCAA is that there are only 16 games a week in the NFL so a maximum of 16 crews are required. The pay is much higher, so the better officials are in the NFL.

In the NCAA, there are 50+ games a week, so at least 50 crews are required. At these numbers, it doesn't take long to water down the talent. IMO nothing can be done to overcome this (full-time refs, etc) as the numbers are just too overwhelming.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 05:06 PM
Nice job, humble. :D

Comparing NFL officiating crews to NCAA crews is like saying "Hey, I think the Colts could probably take Ohio State."

soonerx7
12/3/2006, 05:17 PM
They have two full crews at NFL games. One is a back-up unit. Haven't you seen a zebra go down in a pro game and they bring in a replacement?
Maybe I shouldn't being viewing 4 games at a time.
Watch one and scan the other three.
Only eight games on Sunday.

bluedogok
12/3/2006, 05:41 PM
Also good college officials get hired by the NFL and ones who don't make then NFL cut get sent back to college. Supposedly Big 12 ref John Bible was an NFL official at one time, he says that he quit and others say he was cut by the NFL and why ended up back at the college level. That was the talk when my wife was an official in the Austin officials group years ago.