PDA

View Full Version : To add to my pain

Jerk
12/3/2006, 01:41 PM
Tomorrow...I've got to call the owner of the company and explain to him why I've destroyed my company-issued cell phone, again.

First time, I threw it out the window (on accident)

This time, I was wearing Carthart overalls and they have a pocket where your chest is...that's where I was keeping the phone. Well, it was at night and I had to pee really bad. So I got out of the truck, un-did my straps, peeled the bib over, phone falls out (I didn't realize this), I began to relieve myself in between the duals of the truck (probably on the phone, too, since it fell directly below and in front of me). Then, I got back in the truck and ran over it with said duals.

Damn. I think they're going to take this one out of my paycheck. I did it while I was on snow-patrol. You think they'll have mercy because the company phone was destroyed on company time by company equipment? It ain't like it fell out of my pocket on a ferris wheel ride. The owner who I have to call is one of seven brothers- the one without a sense of humor- the one who never smiles.

I wonder if the sim card is okay? My friend ran over his with a Cat front-end loader, and the sim card survived.

Okla-homey
12/3/2006, 01:47 PM
My Carhart bibs have a fly in the crotchal region for easy access. Why, pray tell, do you pee by dropping your pants?

Wondering.

Jerk
12/3/2006, 01:48 PM
My Carhart bibs have a fly in the crotchal region for easy access. Why, pray tell, do you pee by dropping your pants?

Wondering.

I'll be right back.

Jerk
12/3/2006, 01:50 PM
Ok I'm back. Mine has bottons too...not the snap kind, but the ones that slide into the fabric kind. I did not know that. Thanks. I still would have unsnapped the straps because those buttons would be hard to manipulate with gloves on.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 01:51 PM
This time, I was wearing Carthart overalls and they have a pocket where your chest is...that's where I was keeping the phone.

That reminds me. I need to go get some new Carharts. Uglier than sin, but damn those things are great for working on stuff.

Your SIM might be OK. Only one way to find out I guess.

Jerk
12/3/2006, 01:53 PM
That reminds me. I need to go get some new Carharts. Uglier than sin, but damn those things are great for working on stuff.

Your SIM might be OK. Only one way to find out I guess.

I never once got cold, brotha.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 01:53 PM
Mos' definitely. You get the ones with the liner?

Jerk
12/3/2006, 01:55 PM
F**k.

I just rememberd....I'm gonna lose all of my Nokia Bowling® high-scores.

ETA- Yeah, Mike, they've got the red liner.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 01:57 PM
Sweeeeeeet. Those are the BEST.

Jerk
12/3/2006, 02:00 PM
Sweeeeeeet. Those are the BEST.

Yep. Got the jacket, too. Wife got them for me a couple of years ago. I sure look like a tard with them on, but at least I stay warm.

Okla-homey
12/3/2006, 02:30 PM
Ok I'm back. Mine has bottons too...not the snap kind, but the ones that slide into the fabric kind. I did not know that. Thanks. I still would have unsnapped the straps because those buttons would be hard to manipulate with gloves on.

Jerk-meister,

Just a thought. Most of slip our gloves off to pee. It's easier to handle the beast that way. Now, given you've prolly got your gloves off to pee, why would it be too difficult to re-button the fly?

Moreover, you could just leave the fly unbuttoned. It would'nt matter much wearing bibs if you're wearing underwear, especially long johns. I assume you do since going commando with Carhart bibs could be rather...rough.;)

Just trying to help.

OUinFLA
12/3/2006, 04:02 PM
Again, we have proved that in the SO, we can converse about any subject.

South Oval
Politics, the weather, you name it, it's fair game on the South Oval.

WILBURJIM
12/3/2006, 06:16 PM
Again, we have proved that in the SO, we can converse about any subject.

South Oval
Politics, the weather, you name it, it's fair game on the South Oval.
This is the best, "teaching a truck driver how to pee while wearing Carharts" thread evar.:D

proud gonzo
12/3/2006, 06:32 PM
lol

soonerboomer93
12/3/2006, 06:57 PM
And if all else fails, 1tc can give you excellent instructions for peeing in non-bathrooms, since he does specialize in it

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 07:20 PM
The good thing about the Carharts bibs is the buttons.

No getting the franks past the beans.

Jerk
12/3/2006, 07:22 PM
Wow! Is there any male here who doesn't own Carharts?

OCUDad
12/3/2006, 07:59 PM
Wow! Is there any male here who doesn't own Carharts?and who doesn't need to drop the bib to pee? And hasn't dumped his cell phone out of them? And hasn't peed on his cell phone? And hasn't run over it with his truck?

Commonplace. Happens every day.

Jerk
12/3/2006, 08:26 PM
and who doesn't need to drop the bib to pee? And hasn't dumped his cell phone out of them? And hasn't peed on his cell phone? And hasn't run over it with his truck?

Commonplace. Happens every day.

Oh, yeah, forgot about you :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be watching PBS right now or something?

yermom
12/3/2006, 08:49 PM
Wow! Is there any male here who doesn't own Carharts?

i have a hat and gloves...

no overalls though, on GHP's suggestion, i must protect this house!

OCUDad
12/3/2006, 11:11 PM
Oh, yeah, forgot about you :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be watching PBS right now or something?As a matter of fact, I am. Need me to explain the big words to you?

Jerk
12/4/2006, 03:31 AM
As a matter of fact, I am. Need me to explain the big words to you?

Sure. Look up the word 'annoying old dork' and tell me if you see your name. I think you'll need a thesaurus for that one, but if not, you can just take my word for it.

It'd take a gallon or two of Preperation H to make you dissappear, wouldn't it?

Jerk
12/4/2006, 03:36 AM
Anyway, update:

My wife- the smart one - remembered that we have an old nokia phone no longer an use (happens to be the exact same model). We swapped out SIM cards and it came to life. Weird thing...only about 1/2 my numbers were saved.

frankensooner
12/4/2006, 11:30 AM
Well, some of the numbers were saved to the sim cards, the other were in the dead phones memory, we discovered this self-same disappearing number thing when my wife washed my daughter's phone.