PDA

View Full Version : Nice win, f'n hillbillies

OSUAggie
12/3/2006, 12:52 PM
The game played out about how I expected (other than the 1st play from scrimmage), but Kevin Wilson probably deserves the gameball for the playcalling on the 99-yard drive. Paul Thompson made some great throws downfield (finally), and the receivers had a really nice night (especially Malcom). I was surprised you weren't able to run the ball a little bit more on them, but I guess they were juiced up in the front 7. Really nice adjustments by Wilson and Thompson to come out with the W.

D played a solid game. Zac Taylor got rattled, as he tends to do, and you guys made him pay a few times. Congrats on the Big XII Championship after a ridiculously difficult year, and good luck in the Fiesta against ... eh... Boise State...

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/3/2006, 12:56 PM
Whatever.

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 12:58 PM
Apparently Nebraska was ready for our running game. Fortunately, Kevin wilson, Paul Thompson, and Malcom Kelly had other ideas. Thank god.

And how about that OU D. wow!

And whats up w/ the f'n hillbillies comment? Have you looked in the mirror lately? :confused:

birddog
12/3/2006, 12:59 PM
Apparently Nebraska was ready for our running game. Fortunately, Kevin wilson, Paul Thompson, and Malcom Kelly had other ideas. Thank god.

And how about that OU D. wow!

And whats up w/ the f'n hillbillies comment? Have you looked in the mirror lately? :confused:

you must be new here.

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 01:01 PM
you must be new here.

Nah, I've been watching OU football for about 30 years, not to mention that I graduated from OU. :)

birddog
12/3/2006, 01:03 PM
no i just meant about the f'in hillbillies comment.

Big Red Ron
12/3/2006, 01:04 PM
Nah, I've been watching OU football for about 30 years, not to mention that I graduated from OU. :)Here being soonerfans.com

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 01:05 PM
no i just meant about the f'in hillbillies comment.

Its dang hard to hear sarcasm across the internet:O

GrapevineSooner
12/3/2006, 01:11 PM
Sigh (http://colleges.beloblog.com/archives/2006/12/bill_callahan_unplugged.html).

On recent mishaps involving Callahan vs. Oklahoma - calling OU fans "(expletive) hillbillies" in Norman two years ago; a Nebraska player was accused of abusing an OU spirit group member by head-butting him that year; and last year, Callahan was publicly reprimanded by the league office for making a throat slash gesture during the OU game: "Our staffs get along very well. There's internal communication during the season. No problems whatsoever."

OUinFLA
12/3/2006, 01:13 PM
Its dang hard to hear sarcasm across the internet:O

ya have to turn your hillbilly speakers on.

http://www.lifestyleelements.com.au/tin_can_phone.jpg

Big Red Ron
12/3/2006, 01:14 PM
good luck in the Fiesta against ... eh... Boise State...scram ya wart.

OK_Sooner
12/3/2006, 01:17 PM
Stoops leaving us anyway, what does it matter?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/3/2006, 01:19 PM
scram ya wart.Wart, what's your excuse for being aggy?

birddog
good first post.:rolleyes:

birddog
seriously.:rolleyes:

tigepilot
12/3/2006, 01:22 PM
an aggie calls US hillbillies?

Sooner_Havok
12/3/2006, 01:25 PM

NickZep? Is that you? Welcome back :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
12/3/2006, 01:26 PM
Wart, what's your excuse for being aggy?You too pill popper!

Sooner_Havok
12/3/2006, 01:27 PM
Calm down you f'n hillbillies!

David Earl
12/3/2006, 01:27 PM

Rumor mongering from nubes is not cool around here. Good way to get shoe-whipped.

OUinFLA
12/3/2006, 01:43 PM
when did they become nubes and not n00bs?
Im always missing updates.

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 01:59 PM
Sigh (http://colleges.beloblog.com/archives/2006/12/bill_callahan_unplugged.html).

Yeah, I remember the throat slashing thing and the head-butt by the nebraska player. I was not aware of the hillbilly comment, although it doesn't surprise me. I guess Karma got the better of that classless clown this weekend. :pop:

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 02:01 PM

ROFL.....Stoops is not going anywhere....LOL, nice try though

freshchris05
12/3/2006, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I remember the throat slashing thing and the head-butt by the nebraska player. I was not aware of the hillbilly comment, although it doesn't surprise me. I guess Karma got the better of that classless clown this weekend. :pop:

Karma, you say??

so your not new here?...

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 02:17 PM
I feel like I just walked into a bar....

"Boy....you ain't from around here are ya??" LOL

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 02:21 PM
Karma, you say??

so your not new here?...

no, I am a Buddhist ;)

stoopified
12/3/2006, 02:24 PM
ya have to turn your hillbilly speakers on.

http://www.lifestyleelements.com.au/tin_can_phone.jpgHeh.

critical_phil
12/3/2006, 02:53 PM
http://users2.ev1.net/%7Eaustom1/worst_thread_ever.jpg

freshchris05
12/3/2006, 03:00 PM
So it is about time for a new karma thread...

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 03:05 PM
http://users2.ev1.net/%7Eaustom1/worst_thread_ever.jpg

Yeah, we'll look who started the thread. And look who's fanbase their from. Case closed.

David Earl
12/3/2006, 03:39 PM

I almost called him a nubian as in a goat. That's prolly what I was thinking.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/3/2006, 03:42 PM
You too pill popper!So, you're calling yourself wart?

badger
12/3/2006, 03:48 PM
yeah, and good luck in the...um... random bowl someplace in texas?

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 03:58 PM
You know...

The pokes were only around 50-100 points from being undefeated 2006 Big XII and 2006 National Champions.

picasso
12/3/2006, 05:52 PM
you wish.

badger
12/3/2006, 06:07 PM
He's right. Stoops is leaving.

Singing Stoops: When I'mmmmmmm.... Sixty... FOUR!!!!

:D

GottaHavePride
12/3/2006, 10:13 PM

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9909/24/snl.25/murphy.jpg

Wookin' pa nubes...

OK_Sooner
12/4/2006, 11:36 AM
Rumor mongering from nubes is not cool around here. Good way to get shoe-whipped.

Denial is the first stage of the end of the Stoops era at OK. Idle threats will get you nowhere (shoe-whipped, get real).

picasso
12/4/2006, 11:39 AM
Denial is the first stage of the end of the Stoops era at OK. Idle threats will get you nowhere (shoe-whipped, get real).
you can only hope.

until that happens you'll just have to keep beating yourself.

critical_phil
12/4/2006, 11:40 AM
OMG NOZ. COACH STOOPS IS LEAVING FOR ALUBAMMMAH!11!!!1!1

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/4/2006, 11:40 AM

I think when DE says Shoe Whipped, Shoe = Tea, Whipped = bagged.

Stoops isn't going anywhere and your troll better be wearing kneepads....

OK_Sooner
12/4/2006, 11:45 AM
I think when DE says Shoe Whipped, Shoe = Tea, Whipped = bagged.

Stoops isn't going anywhere and your troll better be wearing kneepads....

Out of 1 billion sperm, I can't believe you were the fastest swimmer. You are a miracle of science! Stoops is bama bound.

OU4LIFE
12/4/2006, 11:47 AM
makes sense to me, 'Bama is OBVIOUSLY a step up.

OK_Sooner
12/4/2006, 11:51 AM
makes sense to me, 'Bama is OBVIOUSLY a step up.

Finally a voice of reason!

picasso
12/4/2006, 11:54 AM
Out of 1 billion sperm, I can't believe you were the fastest swimmer. You are a miracle of science! Stoops is bama bound.
if that were true Wanker.

we'd just have to win without him.

let's see, what do I have to do today? I know, I'll go to another team's message board and be a peckerneck.

OK_Sooner
12/4/2006, 11:58 AM
if that were true Wanker.

we'd just have to win without him.

let's see, what do I have to do today? I know, I'll go to another team's message board and be a peckerneck.

Why do they allow six-year olds in this forum? You are losing your coach and all you can do is throw insults?

OU4LIFE
12/4/2006, 12:01 PM
Hey, peckerneck was a high-quality insult, certainly

badger
12/4/2006, 12:04 PM
Oh sheet, OK's back...

Have you noticed that Stoops has only left jobs when there's a step HIGHER available? No, I'm not talking about a better head coaching job, or a better coordinator job, but let's see...

Stoops started at alma mater IOWA as a grad assistant...
He moved to KANSAS STATE to be an co-coordinator...
He moved to FLORIDA to be the head defensive coordinator...
He moved to OKLAHOMA to be head coach.

Now, are there any higher positions in college football than HEAD COACH? I know I'm just a little blonde girl who probably doesn't know one end of the football from the other, but isn't that the highest you can go?

And out of positions available, including the one he is currently in, isn't the best position available HIS OWN?

And thus, you are a morAn, moreso of a morAn than a little sissy girl. Haha, you're stupider than a sissy girl! Nyah nyah, no football smarts for you! Hehehe, go crawl in your bandwagon hole and come out when Oklahoma has it's eighth champeenship, okay?

picasso
12/4/2006, 12:04 PM
Hey, peckerneck was a high-quality insult, certainly
got me through high school.

O2theP
12/4/2006, 12:10 PM
Good win Sooners!

SoonerJLB
12/4/2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks Shaggie!:)

SoonerJLB
12/4/2006, 01:52 PM
He's right. Stoops is leaving.

Singing Stoops: When I'mmmmmmm.... Sixty... FOUR!!!!

:D

Yeah, leaving on a recruiting trip and then he and his team will be leaving for Tempe, AZ in a 3 weeks or so. :)

SpringMOSooner
12/4/2006, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=OSUAggie] I was surprised you weren't able to run the ball a little bit more on them, but I guess they were juiced up in the front 7. Really nice adjustments by Wilson and Thompson to come out with the W.QUOTE]

Nebraska was dedicating 8 men in the box nearly all night, that was why we were not able to run the ball effectively. Sometimes 9 depending on our formation. This also explains why play action was so successful against them all night. They were focused on the run and leaving man coverage on the receivers probably 80% of the time.

OSUAggie
12/4/2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah... they did that @ OSU as well. We ran for 240 yards on them. That's why I was surprised you weren't able to run the ball on them... b/c we did. Wilson did a nice job adjusting instead of being stubborn.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/4/2006, 02:25 PM

diss DE again sherpa boy. i triple dog dares ya

OUinFLA
12/4/2006, 02:43 PM
Let's see if I got this right.
Stoops passed on Florida cause the weather's nicer and the beaches are closer.
Stoops passed on Ohio St. cause he's from Ohio originally.
Stoops passed on Cleveland Browns, cause he's from Ohio originally, and the money was only several million a year.
Stoops passed on Notre Dame cause he's a catholic.

Stoops stayed at Oklahoma over all those opportunities ???
Stoops stayed at Oklahoma cause he's the most popular guy in the state?

I Imagine Im gonna lose some sleep cause he's gonna pick Bama?

I'd be more worried he's gonna run for US Senate from....OKLAHOMA.
Heck, Id probably move back just so I could vote for him.
I'd vote for him down here, but my vote would probably get lost.

OSUHeifer
12/4/2006, 02:58 PM
Y'all done good.

picasso
12/4/2006, 03:33 PM
Yeah... they did that @ OSU as well. We ran for 240 yards on them. That's why I was surprised you weren't able to run the ball on them... b/c we did. Wilson did a nice job adjusting instead of being stubborn.
you guys stomped good in Stillwater but I say you lose to them if it was played in Lincoln.

of course we held them to 7 points so's we really didn't need too much offense.

David Earl
12/4/2006, 04:30 PM

Your denial is the first stage of another mod shoe-whipping you so I dont' have to. Buh-bye troll.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/5/2006, 03:33 PM
Enjoy the bagging!

Piware
12/5/2006, 04:12 PM

End of the Stoops era? He is just getting better and better. The end of the Gumby era at lOSUr will probably be a contract with a hair gel company.

Can't coach worth a hoot but darn fine hair.

OK_Sooner_redux
12/5/2006, 05:33 PM
Your denial is the first stage of another mod shoe-whipping you so I dont' have to. Buh-bye troll.

Funny how you guys have to hide behind your mods. Can't fight your own battles? Obviously not.

picasso
12/5/2006, 11:11 PM
Funny how you guys have to hide behind your mods. Can't fight your own battles? Obviously not.
what battle exactly? I've seen nothing from you wanks to even raise my interest.
we have a coach that's name is always mentioned when a new job is open. this same coach is currently the conference champ.

what have you got?

AlbqSooner
12/5/2006, 11:24 PM
what battle exactly? I've seen nothing from you wanks to even raise my interest.
we have a coach that's name is always mentioned when a new job is open. this same coach is currently the conference champ.

what have you got?
I am a thinkin he gots shoe tread marks on his haid.

picasso
12/5/2006, 11:39 PM
I am a thinkin he gots a coach nobody wants and no conference title.

fixed.

OUinFLA
12/5/2006, 11:52 PM

David Earl pretty much fights his own battles. If you think the shoe whipping is something, wait until you see a hanging. :D

Winston Churchill
12/6/2006, 01:45 AM
http://www.markx.net/internetslacker/images/weird-cat.jpg

Winston Churchill
12/6/2006, 02:10 AM
http://home.blarg.net/~wayule/graphics/unhappy_cat.jpg

soonerduke
12/6/2006, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by Ok_Sooner_redux
Bob Stoops is staying at OU until the Oklahoma State job opens up.

David Earl
12/6/2006, 09:05 AM

Funny how you just got shoe-whipped again. Can't win your own battles? Obviously not.

OK_Sooner_Take3
12/6/2006, 10:18 AM
Funny how you just got shoe-whipped again. Can't win your own battles? Obviously not.

David Earl is hiding. He just proved my point about not being able to fight his own battles by bumping me off again. I bet your mother still fights your battles for you. Everyone must be in harmony with his thinking to stay and that makes this not much of a forum at all. I did not start any of this crap with you guys, I simply stated I thought stoops was going to bama and everyone starts throwing insults like six-year olds on here. Can't you just have a discussion about it without banning someone? I don't anticipate being able to post again since you love the line about getting "whipped" in some form or fashion and will give me the boot. Your actions will dictate whether or not you are a coward.

Best of luck to the entire Sooner Nation!

David Earl
12/6/2006, 10:23 AM
David Earl is hiding. He just proved my point about not being able to fight his own battles by bumping me off again. I bet your mother still fights your battles for you... Your actions will dictate whether or not you are a coward.

I was very afraid to ban you but my mommy says it is okay.

Mommy, will you please push the ban button for me?! :(

C&CDean
12/6/2006, 10:36 AM
No, but big daddy will.