PDA

View Full Version : Brent Venables and Bobby Jack Wright

Soonerman08
12/3/2006, 12:13 PM
"We miss Mike Stoops." I remember hearing those words from numerous people these past couple of seasons. Indeed it did seem that this was the case back at the end of 2004 after the game of which we do not speak. You all have got to hand it to Venables and Wright. They coached a hell of a game last night. Our freaking Secondary was especially impressive. Snatching 3 balls from Taylor and Latimer had another for sure interception but he dropped it. I love the way this defense has emerged later in the season picking themselves up after the Oregon fiasco and promising to never let that happen again. Holding Texas to 230 yards, I don't blame them at all for that loss. Bobby Jack Wright has returned that physical nature to our defensive secondary something we have missed indeed since Mike Stoops was on the sidelines. The great thing is we return everyone in the backfield next year and they can only keep improving. I hope the guys keep working hard and knock the hell out Boise State and snag that Fiesta Bowl Trophy. BOOMER SOONER!!! :P

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 12:17 PM
If we had the same defense playing the first part of the season, particularly against Oregon, the blown onside kick call would have been moot. We'd also be playing for the national championship.

SoonerProphet
12/3/2006, 12:25 PM
Seeing Shipp, BJW, and Venables on the sideline got me thinking, what defensive coach do we put in the booth...if any?

SoonerSloan
12/3/2006, 02:44 PM
thumbs up to whoever has been teaching lendy holmes how to lay down a hit...

Blues1
12/3/2006, 02:47 PM
So happy for DJ Wolfe he got that int - the young man took a lot of heat this year....just saying...... :)

85Sooner
12/3/2006, 03:03 PM
Nevertheless, I still am worried in close games. we have just given up way too much too many times. Great job last night though.