PDA

View Full Version : Shared an elevator this morning with . . .

Phil
12/3/2006, 11:52 AM
John Blake. No lie. I complimented him on his line's play last night. He was very gracious.

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2006, 11:54 AM
Thats cool.

I walked into Jack Stacks about 1:00 on saturday and Stoops and half the coaching staff were just walking out.

Flagstaffsooner
12/3/2006, 11:55 AM
That calls for an elevator fart, Phil.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 11:58 AM
did he ask about the "keeeeds"???

120 seconds between posts???? WTF????

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2006, 12:00 PM
John Blake. No lie. I complimented him on his line's play last night. He was very gracious.

Did you cop a feel?

PrideTrombone
12/3/2006, 12:00 PM
Did he talk about the "leaderseniorship" of his defensive linemen? :)

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2006, 12:02 PM
Did you congratulate him on his 2000 National Championship?

He probably tried to recruit Phil. I hear he is really good at that.

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/3/2006, 12:03 PM
Did he refer to a PAT as a field goal?

Did he have his shirt on inside out?

Did he drool on your shoes?

We could go on and on. I'm sure he's a gracious, nice person. But damn, what a moron.

Piware
12/3/2006, 02:00 PM

He doesn't want to come back does he? Please tell me he will never come back. I still have nightmares about him as HC.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 02:01 PM
You're a better man than I am, R-Dub.

SoonerMachine
12/3/2006, 02:04 PM
Did you ask him if he's still getting his knob polished by the guys known as the weather guys?

Big Red Ron
12/3/2006, 02:05 PM
Wow! What was the weight limitation on that thing?

;)

stoopified
12/3/2006, 02:19 PM
That calls for an elevator fart, Phil.Heh.

King Crimson
12/3/2006, 02:22 PM
Did you ask him if he's still getting his knob polished by the guys known as the weather guys?

oh man. that's going back.

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 02:24 PM
That calls for an elevator fart, Phil.

I'm suprised blake didn't fart.

That would be very bad :eek:

OUinFLA
12/3/2006, 03:03 PM
Really Phil, when you start a thread, there is no telling where it is going to wind up.

jdsooner
12/3/2006, 03:09 PM
I would like to see an elevator with Blake, Mangino, and Robert Allen on it! That would be classic.

walkoffsooner
12/3/2006, 03:23 PM
Did he talk about how family sucks.

SoonerGOP
12/3/2006, 03:35 PM
Let me tell you, John Blake is a class act. He took his firing like a man. I have always really liked John, but thought from the very moment he was hired it was an unbelievably poor decision. I'm not sure which was a worse hire, John or ***************. Both were very, very bad. John had integrity but was incompetent. Schnelly was very competent about football when he wasn't drunk off his ***.

I'm glad John landed on his feet where he belongs: in the lower assistant ranks.

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 03:38 PM
Phil...

Did JB try to recruit you?

MamaMia
12/3/2006, 03:41 PM
Well, the saying goes..."If you cant say something nice, then dont say anything at all."

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 03:43 PM
Well, the saying goes..."If you cant say something nice, then dont say anything at all."
Or snicker. :D

:pop:

mdklatt
12/3/2006, 03:56 PM
I would like to see an elevator with Blake, Mangino, and Robert Allen on it! That would be suicide.

:eek:

Cam
12/3/2006, 03:58 PM
Let me tell you, John Blake is a class act. He took his firing like a man.
That's a 100% contradiction to the stories I've heard.

tulsaoilerfan
12/3/2006, 04:00 PM
didn't he destroy all the recruiting files that OU had or was that just a rumor?

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 04:01 PM

It could be that by "class act" he means "complete penis."

josh09
12/3/2006, 04:03 PM

Well i shared an elevator with Paul Thompson's grandfather and brothers after the texas aggy game. I said Paul had a great game, but he said "Well i don't know about a great game, but he certainly gave me a mild heart attack."

I thought that was pretty funny.

SoonerGOP
12/3/2006, 04:06 PM
didn't he destroy all the recruiting files that OU had or was that just a rumor?

OK. Haven't heard that one. If he did that, I take back what I said about leaving like a man...that's just petty. And he's an alum!

mdklatt
12/3/2006, 04:15 PM
OK. Haven't heard that one. If he did that, I take back what I said about leaving like a man...that's just petty.

However, he did hear about his firing on TV. That was just a ****ty situation all around.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2006, 05:09 PM
I would like to see an elevator with Blake, Mangino, and Robert Allen on it! That would be classic.

That would have to be a ginormous elevator....

King Crimson
12/3/2006, 05:17 PM
so what DID it feel like to lose to Tulsa?

sorry.

CobraKai
12/3/2006, 05:52 PM
I will say I did not care for Blake as a coach, and made many a joke at his expense, but I met him once a few years ago at a QuikTrip in Tulsa. He was getting ready to head down to Mississippi for an interview at Ole Miss. He was a genuinely nice guy....he talked to me for about 10 minutes, got down on a knee and talked with my kids, and even made a few wisecracks about Schellenburger. Considering I was a complete stranger I was pretty impressed. After he paid for his stuff and I was back at the Koolee machine he walked back and talked for another few minutes. Very nice man, at least to me and mine.

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2006, 06:23 PM

1000% true.

Merv Johnson was the guy who had to clean up that mess after Blake or whoever went bat **** crazy and destroyed every recruiting file and video he could.

Blake also cleaned out the equipment room of any Nike stuff he could find. When Joe C called him on all this stuff, he faked a heart attack I was told and was rushed to Norman regional.

My roommate at OU worked in the Ath Dept then and had all the dirt on that stuff then, and from what I remember being told, Blake was a complete nut case after getting fired.

We owe Merv Johnson A LOT of credit for keeping things as sane as possible allowing us to attract Stoops.

Stitch Face
12/3/2006, 06:49 PM
I think it's funny that to this day (as in Dec 3, 2006) there are still daily threads on Huskerpedia swearing that Stoops only wins because of JB's players.

In response to someone on there who said OU is now well past Blake's players one of them said we only have good players today because we were able to recruit them due to winning a NC with Blake's players. That crap will never stop as long as Boo bumbles along their sideline.

OU-HSV
12/3/2006, 06:56 PM
I ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory yesterday and only saw an azzload of Neb fans. :(

OUstud
12/3/2006, 07:47 PM
I still have a John Blake autographed OU hat, from when I was about 7. It looks like "John Blah." That pretty much sums up his coaching, but I'm sure he's a nice guy that cares about the kids. :twinkies:

bri
12/4/2006, 08:23 PM
Did you ask him to count to 11, then run away giggling?

OUMallen
12/4/2006, 10:05 PM
Let me tell you, John Blake is a class act. He took his firing like a man. I have always really liked John, but thought from the very moment he was hired it was an unbelievably poor decision. I'm not sure which was a worse hire, John or ***************. Both were very, very bad. John had integrity but was incompetent. Schnelly was very competent about football when he wasn't drunk off his ***.

I'm glad John landed on his feet where he belongs: in the lower assistant ranks.

Didn't he intentionally mess up our recruiting database or something?

sanantoniosooner
12/4/2006, 10:29 PM
Didn't he intentionally mess up our recruiting database or something?
perhaps you could read further before asking a question that's already been answered.

Just a thought.

tommieharris91
12/4/2006, 10:59 PM

Would that elevator get off the ground?

bri
12/4/2006, 11:37 PM
No, but it'd plummet through the ground.

jwlynn64
12/5/2006, 12:27 AM
No, but it'd plummet through the ground.

Like that Nissan Truck all the way through hell and out in China!!! ;)

proudsoonergal
12/5/2006, 01:15 AM
Hey.......didn't Blake destroy some recruiting files when he left? :D

bri
12/5/2006, 09:47 AM
Yes, and he later said they were delicious.

Dude will eat anything.

sanantoniosooner
12/5/2006, 09:48 AM
Yes, and he later said they were delicious.

Dude will eat anything.
People who put Ranch dressing on stuff will.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/5/2006, 10:40 AM
Let me tell you, John Blake is a class act. He took his firing like a man.

Yeah, especially that part about involving the NAACP in his unjust racially-motivated firing. And then continuing on with negative recruiting towards OU telling his recruits that a black man will never get a fair shake in the state of Oklahoma.

Yeah.

Class.

Act.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/7/2006, 05:52 PM
Hmm... must not have had my sarcasm filter set... gotta check that thingy...

Stitch Face
12/7/2006, 07:49 PM
I can't believe the Nebraska types haven't appeared on this thread to defend him yet.

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/7/2006, 08:40 PM
I'll play the Nebraska fan:

You guys are racists. BS won with JB's players. We are one season away from a national title. We dress like Elvis because we are cool. There were no clips on the Johnnie Rodgers punt return. The world is flat.

KABOOKIE
12/7/2006, 11:06 PM

[Weather Geek]Look loser! What college football team are you the head coach of? Blake is a hell of a coach and will turn the program around next year. WTF do you know about football?[/Weather Geek]

Good times. :D

royalfan5
12/7/2006, 11:37 PM
I can't believe the Nebraska types haven't appeared on this thread to defend him yet.
"shrugs shoulders"

All I got