PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Notice

85Sooner
12/3/2006, 10:27 AM
Before the game. ABC only showed Nebraska highlights when discussing the past rivalry. They only interviewed Tom Osbourne, no sooners. The commentary from those two idgits(who were they anyway) aren't you supposed to get the prime time crew for cahmpionship games. They never pointed out the holding mis calls. the completion/fumble out of bounds that was ruled incomplete. The fumble bey neb that was clear (but didn't matter because we scored on the next play) THey never questioned one call. Am i the onlyh one who noticed?

OklaPony
12/3/2006, 10:34 AM
Before the game. ABC only showed Nebraska highlights when discussing the past rivalry. They only interviewed Tom Osbourne, no sooners. The commentary from those two idgits(who were they anyway) aren't you supposed to get the prime time crew for cahmpionship games. They never pointed out the holding mis calls. the completion/fumble out of bounds that was ruled incomplete. The fumble bey neb that was clear (but didn't matter because we scored on the next play) THey never questioned one call. Am i the onlyh one who noticed?
They definitely made the call on the fumble as the replay was being shown but other than that I don't think they were all that great either.

DrZaius
12/3/2006, 10:35 AM
I noticed that as well. ABC blows and clearly thought that the nebbish would win. I almost threw a bottle of beer through my TV when they did not even show the sooners coming out of the tunnel. A clearly one sided Broadcast, at least until we scored in 48secs.
heh

fadada1
12/3/2006, 10:41 AM
the one "idgit" was todd blackledge. i've always like todd - especially as a player. he used to do SEC games with cbs.

so, i'll defend him in that he's been corrupted by musburger and the notre dame/usc lovefest.

85Sooner
12/3/2006, 10:44 AM
I noticed that as well. ABC blows and clearly thought that the nebbish would win. I almost threw a bottle of beer through my TV when they did not even show the sooners coming out of the tunnel. A clearly one sided Broadcast, at least until we scored in 48secs.
heh

If you take out your TV don't worry, I'll help you get a new one :)

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2006, 10:44 AM
Did anyone notice that the OU game was largely ignored by the media in ALL OF THE POST GAME SHOWS? Oops. CAP LOCK.

No one wants to talk about the F'up in Oregon and how it really DOES MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackal
12/3/2006, 10:47 AM
OU is being dismissed from the discussions b/c you can't talk about us without mentioning the Oregon game. Let's talk about how AP writers and coaches should be honestly debating the fact that we deserve consideration just as much as Michigan/Florida to play for the national championship.