PDA

View Full Version : Dear Paul.....

melbitoast
12/3/2006, 10:22 AM
Paul,

You are arguably the most selfless Sooner in our great football tradition. You were placed in a position were, literally, there were hundreds of thousands of people anxious to see what your answer was.

And what did you do? You placed your own future on the line (another year of WR development for the NFL) to help out your entire team and nation of Sooner fans. I'm not sure that a classier move has ever been made in Sooner football history. You stood as a solid rock for everyone to turn to during times of adversity, and your character is a true rarity. You are the perfect role model for future generations of Sooners.

Mr. Paul Thompson, I can say with 100% certainty, you will go down as one of the greatest and most popular Sooners ever. I can't wait to see you at the next level, and I'll be your biggest supporter.

Good luck and Boomer Sooner!!

85Sooner
12/3/2006, 10:32 AM
NIce post

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 10:49 AM
I think having the experience at qb will actually help Thompson as a WR in the NFL.

Blues1
12/3/2006, 11:19 AM
As I said in October 2005 - "Does Anyone want to see PT play a whole game"

Yep - Me and Mr. Thompson - :)

It's my understanding OU has never Retired a players jersey -- I think this one case for all FUTURE Sooners to see what it means to be a "Unselfish Team Player"

OU Retire Jersey #12 -- "Let the Legend Live On"

Come Join Me Sooner Fans -- Demand we Retire Jersey #12 - JMHO...

PS - Keep Rockin'