PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Predictions

jk the sooner fan
12/3/2006, 10:12 AM
BCS Championship - Ohio State v Florida
Rose - USC v Michigan
Sugar - LSU v Notre Dame
Orange - Louisville v Wake Forest (wow, what a snooze fest)
Fiesta - OU v Boise St
Cotton - Nebraska v Arkansas

some of thats already etched in stone, but the other predictions are how i see it.....i think OSU kills florida

GrapevineSooner
12/3/2006, 10:19 AM
I do, too.

Even though after careful consideration, I think they deserve a shot at tOSU more than Michigan does.

They played the toughest schedule and survived arguably the toughest conference in college football.

jk the sooner fan
12/3/2006, 10:22 AM
i give florida the edge over meechigan simply because they played/won a conference championship game....

tigepilot
12/3/2006, 03:28 PM
It doesn't appear that I'm allowed to start a new thread so I'll post this here since this is the most relevant thread I see right off the bat.

Remember in '02 when the Orange Bowl used some sort of option that allowed them to pick their teams first despite the normal selection process because they provide the most money to the BCS and that ultimately led to OU going to the Rose Bowl? That was something they could do only a limited number of times but I don't remember what the limitation was or if that rule is still in effect. Does anyone know about the status of that rule and whether that is an option to one Bowls this year.

I can't imagine that the Oragne Bowl is licking their chops at a Wake Forrest vs Louisville matchup.

Spanish Sooner
12/3/2006, 03:35 PM
Florida deserves the shot at tOSU on the virtue that Michigan lost head to head to tOSU already. And if we say that a loss in the end of the season means more than a loss at the beginning then by that saying all the talking heads use then it should be florida who not only won out, but also because michigan has already lost to tOSU, tOSU should not have to beat michigan twice

tigepilot
12/3/2006, 04:12 PM
Dangit!

You hijacked my hijacked thread!

humblesooner
12/3/2006, 04:52 PM
The best thing about that list is OU in the Fiesta, obviously.

The second best (we were talking about this last night) is the Domers having to play LSU in New Orleans in the Sugar Bowl. I was scared to death that Ark was going to upset Fla and screw up everything.
Think about it, the Domers having to put up with LSU's S*** leading up to the game. Then all the LSU fans spending all of their rent money for tickets to the Sugar Bowl, then getting their asses handed to them in their house. LSU is overrated.

Boise Bandit
12/3/2006, 05:17 PM
Your team is doomed . . . fear the Broncos.

tigepilot
12/3/2006, 05:21 PM
Fear who???

Easting
12/3/2006, 05:27 PM
Your team is doomed . . . fear the Broncos.

Don't bronco's graze on bluegrass?

Sooner_Havok
12/3/2006, 05:28 PM
Your team is doomed . . . fear the Broncos

The day the University of Oklahoma has any kind of fear for some wanna be waco conference team is the day college football dies.

Sooner_Havok
12/3/2006, 05:57 PM
The day the University of Oklahoma has any kind of fear for some wanna be waco conference team is the day college football dies.

Wow, that got me negged, ok then :confused:

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2006, 06:10 PM
We could take the Denver Broncos.