PDA

View Full Version : Let's not get all excited about Stoops and this team

JohnnyMack
12/3/2006, 10:01 AM
I mean we created 5 turnovers but only scored one freaking TD. That is terrible if you ask me.

instigator
12/3/2006, 10:04 AM
Go make out with Soonerrus and STFU.

dolemitesooner
12/3/2006, 10:04 AM
Dude are you ****ing kidding me go eat some ****ing corn husker **** sucker

fadada1
12/3/2006, 10:06 AM
ummm, yeah. we won.

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 10:10 AM
All I can say is just....wow :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
12/3/2006, 10:15 AM
wow, how bout we give some credit to a VERY good Husker defense

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 10:16 AM
It was just satisfying that those turnovers kept Nebraska from scoring.

Soonerman08
12/3/2006, 10:22 AM
I mean we created 5 turnovers but only scored one freaking TD. That is terrible if you ask me.

Yet we had 21 points we scored? Our offense scored three times...last I checked 7 times 3 is in fact 21. No defensive touchdowns all offense, sure the defense forced the turnovers. Our defense played lights out last night, and you're a fool if you think this team hasn't really turned into something great. Get a life Husker.

GrapevineSooner
12/3/2006, 10:24 AM
JM's playing a bit.

I think.

And what's up with 120 second flood control? :confused:

nmsoonergirl
12/3/2006, 10:25 AM
I don't know, I"m pretty excited.:D
If fact I think this team just may win the Big 12 championship;)

Jackal
12/3/2006, 10:26 AM
This game went exactly the way I thought it would, NU's front 7 is stout to begin with but they also schemed to deny our rushing game. So forcing PT to beat them was a damn good strategy, PT overthrows every pass in a normal dropback, for some reason his accuracy drastically improves when he rolls out. Kevin Wilson obviously is aware of that because you saw how many bootleg rollouts were called. If I was defending OU, I would send my DE's out in a wide rush to deny that and force him to stay in the pocket or scramble. Because PT is a horrible scrambler despite what some OU homer fans think.

Let's get excited about next year when Keith Nichol comes to town, Petersen decides to stay another year and we got all these core players coming back. Next year looks good, damn good.

melbitoast
12/3/2006, 10:26 AM

John, that's a real ****bag thing to say. I hope for your sake you're still drunk from celebrating. If you're not, take your pessimistic point of view and shove it up your ***. :mad:

fadada1
12/3/2006, 10:31 AM
Petersen decides to stay another year and we got all these core players coming back. Next year looks good, damn good.
you should be baned for teasing. ;)

but i sure would love it.

Ground_Attack
12/3/2006, 10:31 AM
we scored 3 TDs, didn't we?

booomer
12/3/2006, 10:42 AM
JM, Neb was playing some pretty stout defense.

They were definitely a worthy opponent.

soonerloyal
12/3/2006, 10:47 AM
Johnny, Johnny, Johnny...Put the crack pipe down and back slowly away...

SoonerStormchaser
12/3/2006, 10:51 AM
5 turnovers? Was I drinking too much? I only counted ENA's interception. What were the other 4?

JohnnyMack
12/3/2006, 10:54 AM
Man, I caught some pretty big fish with that one.

I expected to land some trolls, but I got a few of the big boys too.

I am teh rulz.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/3/2006, 10:55 AM
that was cruel

spek

BoogercountySooner
12/3/2006, 11:03 AM

I am teh rulz.

Heh Spek!:D

OUAndy1807
12/3/2006, 11:03 AM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/Andy1807/-fishcopy.jpg

GrapevineSooner
12/3/2006, 11:21 AM

I am teh rulz.

I knew it. ;)

winnard
12/3/2006, 04:53 PM
wow, how bout we give some credit to a VERY good Husker defense

The NU defensive line was impressive. I don't think AD could run against it last night.

humblesooner
12/3/2006, 05:11 PM
I don't think AD could run against it last night.

Which is what worries me about AD coming back for the Fiesta Bowl. If AD had played last night, I'll bet we would have tried to force the run all night, with little success. The key to the game last night was passing more than 11-12 times. If Callahan had been a little smarter, he would have backed out of the stacked box and helped his D-backs a little. That would have opened up the run game for us a lot more. Fortunately, Stoops and Wilson elected to keep taking what they gave us, instead of trying to force the run, which we have seen more than oncve this year.

Big win for OU. We are on the right track again.

St. Louis Sooner
12/3/2006, 05:21 PM
Which is what worries me about AD coming back for the Fiesta Bowl. If AD had played last night, I'll bet we would have tried to force the run all night, with little success. The key to the game last night was passing more than 11-12 times. If Callahan had been a little smarter, he would have backed out of the stacked box and helped his D-backs a little. That would have opened up the run game for us a lot more. Fortunately, Stoops and Wilson elected to keep taking what they gave us, instead of trying to force the run, which we have seen more than oncve this year.

Big win for OU. We are on the right track again.

With AD in the game, our O takes on fewer dimensions. Wouldn't it be great to see ENA in the shotgun with AD on one side and AP or UPS on the other??!!!

mightysooner
12/3/2006, 05:27 PM
Interesting.....in the game I watched we scored 3 touchdowns.

BoogercountySooner
12/3/2006, 06:39 PM
JM it's a cold day but their still biting!

crimson&cream
12/3/2006, 08:08 PM
What only one TD, Patrick scored one and Kelly scored two. Turnovers don't always lead to scores. Would have been nice last night if some of those almost INT's were made as some of those would have been TD's

critical_phil
12/3/2006, 08:19 PM
i'm surprised that no one has mentioned that we, in fact, scored 3 touchdowns.