PDA

View Full Version : husker "fans"

kc sooner
12/3/2006, 09:57 AM
I've never been to a game in lincoln, but last night made me hate the huskers even more than I did before the game. My wife and I were the only Sooner fans around (section 320) and we were not treated too kindly. Before the game, I was talking to a husker and he was being friendly. As soon as the game started he changed. Every play was a penalty on those cheating Sooners, he was the biggest crybaby in the world. Then, all night long, we heard crap from people every time we would stand to cheer. The best was the four or five drunk idiots to our right. We were in the upper level right above the Pride, and every time they played these guys wanted to go down and fight them. Anyway, my point is, I don't ever want to hear how great the husker fans are, heck they all even left with about 6 minutes left. With about 3 minutes left, my wife and I ran downstairs and got in the Sooner section so we could really have some fun and celebrate with all the Sooner fans. It was AWESOME!!! Then to top it all off, when we went back to our car, we found out that someone had taken our OU license plate off of the front of our car. Class Acts, huskers, we beat you and your pathetic 60,000 fans! Sorry this was so long, I just had to tell my story.

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah, sounds about right. I want to know where all the "classy" nebraska fans are. I was on another forum and when they figured out they were going to lose, out came the inbred jokes.

I basically said, "look in the mirror a s shole". A perfect textbook example of the pot calling the kettle black. Same goes for Texas fans.

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 10:19 AM
Being that they sold three times as many tickets to Nebraska fans than they did Oklahoma fans, I'm not surprised that you were surrounded by the enemy.

tbl
12/3/2006, 10:19 AM
That's what having a ********* for a coach, plus getting dog whipped by the Sooners for a while will do to them. It didn't happen during the early 70's when Barry was handing it to Osborne till 78 b/c they had a good coach. Throw in the Callahan jerk factor and there it is... Pathetic.

instigator
12/3/2006, 10:20 AM
You should have heard what the guys behind us said. It wasn't good.

OUHOMER
12/3/2006, 10:20 AM
I think the good husker fans retired when Osborn retired.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 10:27 AM
fans will always follow the coach.

PSU - loyal, friendly, courteous fans
osu - retarded
miami - need i say more
nu with osborn - classy
OU with switzer - not humble:D
OU with coach stoops - confident, to the point, don't ask any stupid questions

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 10:55 AM
That's what having a ********* for a coach, plus getting dog whipped by the Sooners for a while will do to them.

EXACTLY

Osbourne was a class act, and back then the rivalry was at least respectful.

Now it was degenerated to the point that I feel almost sorry for them. Almost as much as I feel sorry for OSU fans. Truly pathetic..

springs sooner
12/3/2006, 11:10 AM
I took my 14 year old brother in law to the Nebraska Game last week vs CU for getting good grades in school. They were yelling at Callahan in the first quarter for not calling great plays. Then by the end of the game they were saying how great a coach he is. My response to them was a loud BOOMER SOONER. Man that confused for them for a good 2 hours. The look on their faces was priceless

stoopified
12/3/2006, 11:19 AM
Shock much like when The CU band played Boomer Sooner in a CU-UT game after we had whipped The horns 65-13.

soonerloyal
12/3/2006, 11:29 AM
Real Nebraska fans are among the best in CF, and they are still the majority.

The 'tards you experienced were clearly Callahan's relatives...:D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/3/2006, 11:45 AM
fans will always follow the coach.

PSU - loyal, friendly, courteous fans
hope you're not talking about Penn State, there. I was at the NC Orange Bowl game in '86, and didn't see much of those friendly, courteous types. Bastiges were arrogant and hateful as any whorns or domers I've ever seen.

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 11:47 AM
Shock much like when The CU band played Boomer Sooner in a CU-UT game after we had whipped The horns 65-13.

That's awesome!!!

devOUt
12/3/2006, 12:01 PM
It surprised me when the Nebraska fans didn't stick around long enough to give us a standling ovation. I thought it was their tradition and all.

soonerjoker
12/3/2006, 12:06 PM
also, they have boo blake.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 12:08 PM
hope you're not talking about Penn State, there. I was at the NC Orange Bowl game in '86, and didn't see much of those friendly, courteous types. Bastiges were arrogant and hateful as any whorns or domers I've ever seen.
things have changed a bit since they had some down years - basically since '94.

royalfan5
12/3/2006, 12:16 PM
things have changed a bit since they had some down years - basically since '94.
They had a lot of incidents with Nebraska fans in Happy Valley in 02. People claim it was worse than Boulder.

umberto
12/3/2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah, sounds about right. I want to know where all the "classy" nebraska fans are. I was on another forum and when they figured out they were going to lose, out came the inbred jokes.

I basically said, "look in the mirror a s shole". A perfect textbook example of the pot calling the kettle black. Same goes for Texas fans.

Wow, they were making fun of us?? Makes me think of the South Park episode where Cartman goes to Grandma's in Nebraska. The sign at the state line says, "Welcome to Nebraska. Sorry." :D

fadada1
12/3/2006, 12:24 PM
They had a lot of incidents with Nebraska fans in Happy Valley in 02. People claim it was worse than Boulder.
some bad blood developed between those 2 programs as a result of a penn state blowout (on national TV) - can't remember the year. if callahan thinks OU fans are hillbillies.... let's just say that those are "my people" in happy valley, and they are definitely hillbillies.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2006, 12:29 PM
I think Nebraska fans from Lincoln are probably the good ones. I was treated VERY well last year in Lincoln with only good natured harrassment. After the game (we won) they were all "Thanks for coming. Be safe" and "Great game Sooners. Good luck."

The fans that you ran in to are probably bandwaggoners that don't even know what the big deal is with Neb/OU.

royalfan5
12/3/2006, 12:34 PM
some bad blood developed between those 2 programs as a result of a penn state blowout (on national TV) - can't remember the year. if callahan thinks OU fans are hillbillies.... let's just say that those are "my people" in happy valley, and they are definitely hillbillies.
The bad blood dates back to 1982 when NU got Oregoned out of a win in Happy Valley that cost us a National Title.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 12:39 PM
The bad blood dates back to 1982 when NU got Oregoned out of a win in Happy Valley that cost us a National Title.
don't remember that all too well - was only 11. but i did see psu beat up on ncstate that year (first bigtime college game i went to). that was a very good team in '82. only loss was to bama. and beat a very good georgia and hershel walker for the MCN.

royalfan5
12/3/2006, 12:49 PM
don't remember that all too well - was only 11. but i did see psu beat up on ncstate that year (first bigtime college game i went to). that was a very good team in '82. only loss was to bama. and beat a very good georgia and hershel walker for the MCN.
PSU got a reception that was clearly out of bounds(The reciever admitted as such) on a 4th and 10 that would have sealed the win for NU, and then got a trap in the endzone ruled a catch to win by 3. That was NU's only loss that year.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 01:10 PM
PSU got a reception that was clearly out of bounds(The reciever admitted as such) on a 4th and 10 that would have sealed the win for NU, and then got a trap in the endzone ruled a catch to win by 3. That was NU's only loss that year.
thank heavens for replay... oh, wait.

12/3/2006, 01:15 PM
Referees have TOO MUCH power....let the SCOTUS decide the outcome, and all will be well!

starrca23
12/3/2006, 01:35 PM
All of the Nebraska fans where I was at were pretty cool. They did the Okla-homo chant when we showed up, but shook our hands when they left. Other than LSU and OSU, I think all teams probably have good and bad fans. As a matter of fact, the worst fan in our sections was a drunk OU kid.

Ash
12/3/2006, 01:43 PM
I don't think there's only one kind of fan for any team.

I've met some great Nebraska fans that lived up to the "classiest fan" hype.

I also remember stories of Bobby Newcome getting death threats laced with racial epithets and being called a "gold bricker" for considering transferring after he blew his knee out.

go figure

limey_sooner
12/3/2006, 02:01 PM
As someone who grew up an OU fan in Omaha during the peak of the Switzer vs. Osbourne Era, I am perpetually irritated by the saint like status of osbourne. From Johnny Rogers being released from jail to play (ok that was Devaney) to Lawerence Phillips bashing his girlfriends head in being required to undergo "anger management" training, osborne and the huskers have been given a free pass on a wide variety of transgressions. Was Tom any worse than the average coach when it came to this? No. Was he any better? Margianlly at best.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 02:04 PM
Wait a minute-Nebraska has some fans that act pretty much like fans all over?

BURN THEM!

BajaOklahoma
12/3/2006, 02:20 PM
As someone who grew up an OU fan in Omaha during the peak of the Switzer vs. Osbourne Era, I am perpetually irritated by the saint like status of osbourne. From Johnny Rogers being released from jail to play (ok that was Devaney) to Lawerence Phillips bashing his girlfriends head in being required to undergo "anger management" training, osborne and the huskers have been given a free pass on a wide variety of transgressions. Was Tom any worse than the average coach when it came to this? No. Was he any better? Margianlly at best.

Agreed. St Tom is a myth.

ouwasp
12/3/2006, 02:25 PM
My experience with the Penn St fans back at the '86 Orange Bowl was very positive. Even when we were ragging them about being East Coast yankees that played Girl Scout teams...:D

Big Red Ron
12/3/2006, 02:31 PM
Neb. sucks.

There, I said it!

OKLA21FAN
12/3/2006, 02:32 PM
My experience with the Penn St fans back at the '86 Orange Bowl was very positive. Even when we were ragging them about being East Coast yankees that played Girl Scout teams...:D

i remember the PSU fans back in the '86 OB as well. some pretty good fans over-all. but the main 'smack talk' they had back then was 'Bozworth could not play linebacker at Penn State.....(then there list of justifications why)"

my retort was always....'yea, you are probably right, had the Bozz went to PSU, he would not be playing LB, he would be the starting Runningback.'

rarely did i get a response from them ;)

12/3/2006, 04:02 PM
My experience with the Penn St fans back at the '86 Orange Bowl was very positive. Even when we were ragging them about being East Coast yankees that played Girl Scout teams...:DYou got lucky. You probably think PSU fans are "good". No doubt some of them are.

picasso
12/3/2006, 05:41 PM
the one's in our section were cool (club level) but they were the older types. and they were quiet too.:D

CatfishSooner
12/3/2006, 05:54 PM
Before the game all the Nebraska fans were fine, but once the game started they were Horrible! A bunch of *** holes. Both times after going down to the bathroom and then going back up to my seat there were 5-6 of them in my face saying "F U Oklahoma, atleast we don't have to go back to Oklahoma, etc".;.. right after the game a group of them were throwing snow balls at some other OU fans and hit a girl in the face. Classy my ***!
Sooners Big XII champs!

jasrjones1
12/3/2006, 06:01 PM
We were in Section 317 and had a mixed bag of husker fans. The ones right next to us on both sides never said anything to us but were very critical of Callahan. We did have idiots above us throwing ice and one below us who after we did the Boomer Sooner chant decided to turn around and give us the double bird and say F*** all OU fans. I guess some people just can't handle their alcohol. As outnumbered as we were it was a real sweet win and especially the opening kickoff, the fumble, and the TD. Also the 99 yard drive. Every 1st down in that drive just kicked them in the stomach a little more. Can't they figure out a play action roll out to wide side and throw the out route??? How many times did we kill them with that???

Paperclip
12/3/2006, 06:15 PM
If you're going to be a thin-skinned weenie just stay home. You're not going to a freaking birthday party. It's a football game where people are passionate and emotional. Not everybody is going to slap you and the back and hand you a Fresca.

picasso
12/3/2006, 06:37 PM
did you guys notice how their fans in the north section behind the endzone booed Latimer when he went down at the end of the game?
I yelled (the acoustics were great in club level, roof overhead) why are you booing?!? I mean we had the lead, it's not like he was playing hurt to get us some time.:rolleyes:

winnard
12/3/2006, 06:45 PM
I've never been to a game in lincoln, but last night made me hate the huskers even more than I did before the game. My wife and I were the only Sooner fans around (section 320) and we were not treated too kindly. Before the game, I was talking to a husker and he was being friendly. As soon as the game started he changed. Every play was a penalty on those cheating Sooners, he was the biggest crybaby in the world. Then, all night long, we heard crap from people every time we would stand to cheer. The best was the four or five drunk idiots to our right. We were in the upper level right above the Pride, and every time they played these guys wanted to go down and fight them. Anyway, my point is, I don't ever want to hear how great the husker fans are, heck they all even left with about 6 minutes left. With about 3 minutes left, my wife and I ran downstairs and got in the Sooner section so we could really have some fun and celebrate with all the Sooner fans. It was AWESOME!!! Then to top it all off, when we went back to our car, we found out that someone had taken our OU license plate off of the front of our car. Class Acts, huskers, we beat you and your pathetic 60,000 fans! Sorry this was so long, I just had to tell my story.

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello from Section 321. I'll verify your story!

winnard

picasso
12/3/2006, 06:48 PM
the funny part is when they started leaving with 6 minutes left, the game wasn't even over! we had the ball near our own goal. we were a fumble and an onsides kick away from being a nail biter.

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 06:50 PM
Sat, Sep 29, 2007 OU plays Colorado in Boulder.

They will really roll out the crimson carpets for us so remember to take the kids. ;)

kc sooner
12/3/2006, 06:54 PM
Hello from Section 321. I'll verify your story!

winnard
Thanks 321. Plus, I'm not a weenie and don't expect everyone to be nicey nicey, I just hear all this talk about the "great" husker fans and I didn't see it. I'm sure they have some decent fans, but they're just like every other teams fans, and I don't wanna hear how great the husker fans are.

Ash
12/3/2006, 06:56 PM
Sat, Sep 29, 2007 OU plays Colorado in Boulder.

They will really roll out the crimson carpets for us so remember to take the kids. ;)

I'm sure you meant "...roll up some fat doobs for us...", right?

yeah, I got nuthin':O

Pepper
12/3/2006, 07:42 PM
I was in the upper deck and there were plenty of OU fans around. There were a couple of husker a**holes in front but they didn't bother me much and kept the cussing to a minimum. They quickly and quietly exited when Taylor threw the last INT. Another guy said "good game" and shook my hand as he left. Overall they weren't that bad but I'm glad OU kicked their butts.