PDA

View Full Version : Stoops Becomes First Coach to Reach All 4 BCS Bowls

Octavian
12/3/2006, 09:22 AM
Orange

Rose

Sugar

Fiesta

Unless I'm braindead in the AM and am completely forgetting someone (haven't had coffee yet), Bob Stoops is the first and only coach to lead his program to all 4 major bowls in the BCS Era.

ORDER RESTORED. :D

stoopified
12/3/2006, 09:26 AM
I can't think of anyone else.We gotta get back to the Sugar Bowl and erase that bad taste.Before ANYONE says anything about the bad taste of OUr last OB,I'm going on record as saying I have no memory of any such game.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 09:31 AM
Before ANYONE says anything about the bad taste of OUr last OB,I'm going on record as saying I have no memory of any such game.
you can't have a memory of something that never happened.

:D

Soonermagik
12/3/2006, 10:54 AM
That would be a crazy stat if that's correct.

DrZaius
12/3/2006, 10:56 AM
It is correct.

Bob ******* Stoops is the first and only coach to do it!

In the word of Mr Green......I WILL go ahead and CROWN HIM!

IronSooner
12/3/2006, 10:57 AM
I thought Miami was the only team to make all 4 BCS games, but they would have done that under 2 different coaches, so I'm betting that is right.

Indy Sooner
12/3/2006, 11:33 AM
No, Coker led "the U" to all four-- in consecutive years. Actually, Penn State was the first and JoPa coached them in all. However, in the "BCS era" (let's hope it is short-lived!), the answer of unemployed Larry Coker is correct.

JiuJitsuSooner
12/3/2006, 11:49 AM
if we win the fiesta, and win the sugar next year, then bob will be the first to win them all.........and that would be ridiculously cool

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/3/2006, 11:53 AM
This coversation is about as useful as discussing who leads the ACC in time of possession.

Octavian
12/3/2006, 12:50 PM
No, Coker led "the U" to all four-- in consecutive years. Actually, Penn State was the first and JoPa coached them in all. However, in the "BCS era" (let's hope it is short-lived!), the answer of unemployed Larry Coker is correct.

nope.

Miami under Coker

01 - Rose

02 - Fiesta

03 - Orange

04 - Peach

05 - Peach

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/mifl-m-footbl-archive.html

Octavian
12/3/2006, 12:52 PM
This coversation is about as useful as discussing who leads the ACC in time of possession.

yeah, cause it'd be a shame to discuss football accomplishments on a football message board

Miko
12/3/2006, 01:38 PM
So...Bob Stoops leads the ACC in time of possession too??:eek:

Does he get an incentive bonus for that???

okienator
12/3/2006, 04:05 PM
why no names on back. are they going to be back next year.

Indy Sooner
12/3/2006, 04:11 PM
nope.

Miami under Coker

01 - Rose

02 - Fiesta

03 - Orange

04 - Peach

05 - Peach

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/mifl-m-footbl-archive.html

Mea culpa... I thought Miami's '01 Sugar Bowl win was Coker's first season...he was an assistant coach until after that game. Thanks for the correction.