PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from the game

OKC-SLC
12/3/2006, 03:28 AM
A few things--

-This was the best experience i've ever had with opposing fans--NU fans and OU fans truly seemed to respect each other. Almost offsets 'effing hillbillies'.

-OU fans were outnumbered probably 5 to 1. Really sounded like a road game on occasions.

-PT goes seals a spot in Sooner lore with today's game.

-it's not nearly as cold when you're winning

-it is absolutely great to be Champions again.

-Waffle House is slow.

SoonerFanDeluxe
12/3/2006, 03:43 AM
welcome back. I thought the OU fans made plenty of noice, but after NU's TD they were definately louder. of course they only had that one opportunity. So actually it seemed like an OU home game. :D

Flagstaffsooner
12/3/2006, 03:56 AM
-it's not nearly as cold when you're winning :D

OU-HSV
12/3/2006, 08:34 AM
A few things--

-This was the best experience i've ever had with opposing fans--NU fans and OU fans truly seemed to respect each other. Almost offsets 'effing hillbillies'.

-OU fans were outnumbered probably 5 to 1. Really sounded like a road game on occasions.

-PT goes seals a spot in Sooner lore with today's game.

-it's not nearly as cold when you're winning

-it is absolutely great to be Champions again.

-Waffle House is slow.
Yep, that waffle house was a bad idea. We should've just hit up the Burger King. Another dissappointing thing was when the waitress told us there was no all-u-can eat anymore.
But the game was a blast, special props to ENA, M.K. and the Defense. Also props to the coaches for adjusting to all the adversity this year. And to the fans who did a great job of showing our presence, I know my voice is almost out this morning!

snp
12/3/2006, 09:53 AM
A few things--

This was the worst road trip I've ever taken in my life with opposing fans. The old Husker fans were the typical nice guys. But everyone 30 and under was a total annoying ***. Even after the game there were a lot of punks at the bar telling us OU sucked.

I had told all my friends how awesome NU fans are suppose to be and they made me look like I had no idea what I was talking about.

That "Goooooo Biiiiiig Reeeeeeeed" chant is probably the worst thing since Gordon Riese. I kept thinking about Sloth from the Goonies http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/20605/gooni26.wav

Overall, if it wasn't for the win, this would be the worst game I'd ever been to.

Indy Sooner
12/3/2006, 10:40 AM
The old Husker fans were the typical nice guys. But everyone 30 and under was a total annoying ***.

This is not confined to Husker fans. It's called immaturity. Fortunately most grow up and embrace civility once the 30s roll around.

snp
12/3/2006, 10:44 AM
Not if I can help it.

IronSooner
12/3/2006, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=SuperNinjaPirate]

That "Goooooo Biiiiiig Reeeeeeeed" chant is probably the worst thing since Gordon Riese. I kept thinking about Sloth from the Goonies http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/20605/gooni26.wav
QUOTE]

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Some girl a couple people down from me was doing this in the first half. She stopped after that. :D

OKC-SLC
12/3/2006, 11:53 AM
The old Husker fans were the typical nice guys. But everyone 30 and under was a total annoying ***.
Agreed about the younger fans; I didn't have the displeasure of sitting near many, but there were a number of them walking around before and after that were punks. But there were also some young OU fans about whom I could say the same thing. All in all, very good experience. SNP--next time sit with the old ones.

snp
12/3/2006, 12:24 PM
I'm not sitting by anyone who does that stupid cheer. "SHUUUUUUT THE HELLLL UUUUUUUUUUP"

winnard
12/3/2006, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=OKC-SLC]A few things--

-This was the best experience i've ever had with opposing fans--NU fans and OU fans truly seemed to respect each other. QUOTE]

I don't know what game you went to, but the Nebraska fans I saw were drunken buffooons, poor sports, and they booed everything that moved.
Their new generation of Callahan CornNazi's are embarrassing. The drunk belligerent kids in front of me were just begging for a fight. They were yelling "F-STOOPS, F- SOONERS, F-THIS F-THAT". When the score hit 21, they filed out like their cars were being towed. Total embarrasment for Nebraska, they should be ashamed.

SoonerMajic
12/3/2006, 05:20 PM
I have never been to a game where F--- had been thrown around with such abandon. From what I saw it was both OU and NU fans, but younger, and perhaps drunker fans.

It seems like cheap tickets bring out such people.

One OU fan was walking around after the game with a bright yellow F--- Nebraska shirt, while his buddy had a matching bright yellow shirt that said Cornhuskers Blow.

Call me old fashioned, but I do not like that kind of behavior (It seems more like LSU fans), especially since I take my kids to the games sometimes.

picasso
12/3/2006, 05:25 PM
This was the worst road trip I've ever taken in my life with opposing fans. The old Husker fans were the typical nice guys. But everyone 30 and under was a total annoying ***. Even after the game there were a lot of punks at the bar telling us OU sucked.

I had told all my friends how awesome NU fans are suppose to be and they made me look like I had no idea what I was talking about.

Overall, if it wasn't for the win, this would be the worst game I'd ever been to.
the young Nebraska fans were drunk, loud and rowdy. It kind of reminded me of some of our fans back in 2000. I think they were just hungry and excited to be back in it.
the fans in our section were pretty cool but I wonder how bad they would have been had they won.:D