PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic comment at Huskerpedia

Widescreen
12/3/2006, 01:55 AM
Bob Stoops got lucky when he got to OU because John Blake did the work for him and then got fired for his trouble.

http://65.98.70.3/vbbs/showthread.php?t=34452

Yeah, John Blake was awesome. 2 years away from an MNC if it hadn't been for that lucky Stoops. :rolleyes: I guess NU has forgotten the 7 TD lickings they laid on us.

Octavian
12/3/2006, 01:59 AM
Bob Stoops is a football master.

John Blake can't spell his own name.

Mongo
12/3/2006, 02:02 AM
Huskers couldnt spell huskerpedia, let alone know what the **** they are talking about when it comes to OU football.

sanantoniosooner
12/3/2006, 02:03 AM
There's a reason that site gets called Huskerpedophilia

sportsproducer
12/3/2006, 02:07 AM
The funny thing is that Callahan inherited a team that had just won 10 games the year prior and has since gone 22-14 with two wins vs Div 1AA teams and 1-6 vs Big 12 south teams. Some Husker fans try to make themselves feel better by claiming that Blake is the reason for Stoops success. WHa they do not understadn is that John Blake was left with more talent than Bob Stoops was. This is easy to see by the number of players who went to the NFL that were recruited by coaches prior to Blake that graduated while he was coach. Then compare that to the players that John Blake recruited who went to the NFL after graduating after Stoops took over.

This is such a bad argument it is not even fathomable to think that some would even think it.

mightysooner
12/3/2006, 02:10 AM
I refuse to bag on NU fans or their program.

Ike
12/3/2006, 02:10 AM
well, In fairness, they were mostly Blakes players.

However, Blake would have had Rocky Calmus at QB, Stockar at TE, Roy Williams on the O-line, etc.

Joe
12/3/2006, 02:12 AM
I like how he contradicts himself with this post:

Although, one can say that Stoops talent level now is the benificiary of Blake's recruiting. If it wasn't for Blake's talent and the NC Stoops was able to win with it, IMO there's no way they'd be getting the classes they're getting. They would be in a similar situation as Nebraska, trying to recruit and get back to the top but getting out recruited by Texas.

Well, which is it? Maybe it was OU that brought in the talent, moreso than Blake.

I can't wait until Blake finally gets canned so we don't have to hear this same old crap all the time.

PhxSooner
12/3/2006, 02:13 AM

However, Blake would have had Rocky Calmus at QB, Stockar at TE, Roy Williams on the O-line, etc.
Nah, I think Rocky had "punter" written all over him. Roy would have been the deep-snapper.

royalfan5
12/3/2006, 02:14 AM
The funny thing is that Callahan inherited a team that had just won 10 games the year prior and has since gone 22-14 with two wins vs Div 1AA teams and 1-6 vs Big 12 south teams. Some Husker fans try to make themselves feel better by claiming that Blake is the reason for Stoops success. WHa they do not understadn is that John Blake was left with more talent than Bob Stoops was. This is easy to see by the number of players who went to the NFL that were recruited by coaches prior to Blake that graduated while he was coach. Then compare that to the players that John Blake recruited who went to the NFL after graduating after Stoops took over.

This is such a bad argument it is not even fathomable to think that some would even think it.
There is also a world of difference between Solich's last team and Callahan's first team. Yes there was some talent, but there was little speed and depth and the talent along the OL was very sub-standard. Solich wouldn't have done any better coaching that team.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/3/2006, 02:16 AM

i really don't feel like bring that post up again. lets call it 50/50 and save ourselves 30 posts ;)

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 02:17 AM
We've all got delusional fans. Hey, maybe if Nebraska keeps selling the "Blake's players" deal then we can get the humor of watching him run someone else's program into the ground.

Seriously, the "Blake's players" canard doesn't affect a darn thing. Yeah, there was good players on the roster when Blake left. There was good players on the roster when Blake GOT here. I can think of a few guys that ended up in the NFL off of Blake's first team.

sanantoniosooner
12/3/2006, 02:18 AM
NU has Blake's players now.

How the heck did we beat them?

CobraKai
12/3/2006, 03:24 AM
really don't feel like bring that post up again. lets call it 50/50 and save ourselves 30 posts

Anyone have a Boomer Sooner ringtone? ;)

Fraggle145
12/3/2006, 06:42 AM
for every idiot you also have guys like this that give it up when it is deserved...

http://65.98.70.3/vbbs/showthread.php?t=34451

Tonight was a great dominating win and we earned every bit, but not all huskers are idiots, most are ver respectful and just see things through their red colored glasses

stonecoldsoonerfan
12/3/2006, 09:07 AM
Bob Stoops got lucky when he got to OU because John Blake did the work for him and then got fired for his trouble.

i don't know if i should laugh or throw up after reading this one...

stoopified
12/3/2006, 09:19 AM
Bob Stoops is a football master.

John Blake can't spell his own name.He can Too,it is WINNER he can't even spell.

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 09:24 AM
When John takes over the Husker Program, he can show us his stuff.

tulsaoilerfan
12/3/2006, 10:27 AM
Isn't it amazing that the great coach John Blake hasn't been offered a head coaching job ANYWHERE since he was fired at OU? That should tell you all you need to know about how good a coach he is

Jackal
12/3/2006, 10:31 AM
John Blake did a great job of recruiting, it took Stoops to mold them into a championship team. So I give Blake some credit, but not to the extent of Huskerpedia remarks.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 10:35 AM
blake was the poster child for everything that was wrong with our program in the 90's. anybody can recruit if they know what to say (mike gundy is a prime example). the teddy lehmans of the world are what will always make coach stoops better than john blake could ever imagine. blake may have been able to sign a lehman type, but he never would've made him into a football player.

think what stoops could've done with demond parker.