PDA

View Full Version : Somebody please make a valid arguement why..........

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2006, 01:08 AM
............usc or notre dame should be ranked ahead of OU after today.

SoonerSid
12/3/2006, 01:10 AM
darlings of the media is why!

.Tim
12/3/2006, 01:11 AM
I don't know if USC will be after the loss to UCLA.

tbl
12/3/2006, 01:12 AM
There's not a chance they will be. Not a friggin chance. If they are, I'm going to lose it. Seriously...

I can't believe how much that Oregon game has come back to haunt us. I mean, we're seriously talking about another shot at the NC. Unbelievable. If the stinking pollsters & coaches don't do something about that, I'm gonna go Ted Kaczynski on them.

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2006, 01:13 AM
darlings of the media is why!
I said "valid". :D

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 01:14 AM
There's not a chance they will be. Not a friggin chance. If they are, I'm going to lose it. Seriously...

I can't believe how much that Oregon game has come back to haunt us. I mean, we're seriously talking about another shot at the NC. Unbelievable. If the stinking pollsters & coaches don't do something about that, I'm gonna go Ted Kaczynski on them.

Had we not had the blown call in Oregon, I think were still where we probably would be...Big XII Champions playing in the Fiesta Bowl. As it turned out, the only thing effected by the Pac-10 dishonesty was our record. I don't think, after dropping 5 spots after the UAB win, that we'd be ranked higher than Michigan or Florida even with a 12-1 record.

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2006, 01:15 AM

You really think usc will fall 9 or 10 spots?

tbl
12/3/2006, 01:17 AM
Had we not had the blown call in Oregon, I think were still where we probably would be...Big XII Champions playing in the Fiesta Bowl. As it turned out, the only thing effected by the Pac-10 dishonesty was our record. I don't think, after dropping 5 spots after the UAB win, that we'd be ranked higher than Michigan or Florida even with a 12-1 record.
I agree. I doubt we would have actually been playing for it since Michigan was already up on us and we would have been climbing again, but we would have had a very valid argument and could have contributed to the collapse of the current system in favor of making a clear cut champion possible.

Blues1
12/3/2006, 01:19 AM

Voters need to do some SOUL Searching....

IF they have One...???

YEP - Still R ... :)

SoonerTerry

HHMM we drop 5 after a win. It'll be telling to see what happens to them after loosing to an unranked team.

tbl
I think we'll climb and they'll fall, and we should end up on the top side. Seriously... All the commentators & writers know about the Oregon game and they constantly reference it when talking about our season. Surely they'll do whats right, especially considering when we lost vs. when they did (and also to whom).

But you guys are probably right... and that sucketh.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 01:21 AM
Who really cares where USC is ranked. All that matters is that OU keeps winning. Last year they (USC) were a 1-loss team. This year 2 losses. Anyone else see a trend here??

OU will be national champions soon, mark it down...

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2006, 01:21 AM
HHMM we drop 5 after a win. It'll be telling to see what happens to them after loosing to an unranked team.
This was their 2nd loss to an unranked team. oregon st. was unranked when the beat usc too.

MissouriSooner
12/3/2006, 01:22 AM
If we'd played defense all year like we are now, we'd be undefeated.

Wishboned
12/3/2006, 01:22 AM
USC drops to 5th...maybe even 4th ahead of LSU.

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2006, 01:24 AM
USC drops to 5th...maybe even 4th ahead of LSU.
Sadly you may be right.

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 01:26 AM
All I'll say is this...

Teams who lose early are supposed to be ranked higher than teams who lose late.

We lost two early and only one of them should have counted against us.

OU has won 3 Home games and 4 tough Road Games and a Conference Championship since their last loss.

That means something folks.

SoonerGOP
12/3/2006, 01:29 AM
And I don't believe we dropped after the UAB win because of the poor quality of play as much as we dropped because the previous rankings were based on Rhett Bomar being the next wunderkid at OU. When we got PT at QB our AP dropped PDQ.

And what the crap is wrong with the spell check on this site that "OU" gives you a "misspelling"?!?

SOONER44EVER
12/3/2006, 10:41 PM
I guess someone made a valid arguement somewhere. :confused:

SoonerDood
12/3/2006, 11:15 PM
They didn't lose to a 7-5 Oregon team:mad:
That's the only valid reason I can think of.
Or maybe they didn't drop 10 spots after WINNING:mad: :mad:

MiccoMacey
12/3/2006, 11:39 PM
USC: Beat both common opponents, Oregon and Washington. We beat one.

ND: Both losses to top seven teams (Michigan and USC).

Ash
12/3/2006, 11:50 PM
USC: Beat both common opponents, Oregon and Washington. We beat one.

ND: Both losses to top seven teams (Michigan and USC).

OK, maybe you can explain it to me. I've heard lots of people throw that out there. So how does getting blown out by the two quality teams on their schedule make them a good team (much less a top five or top ten team)?