PDA

View Full Version : From the parking lot at Arrowhead . . .

Phil
12/3/2006, 12:50 AM
now that my hands have thawed out enough to type on this little keyboard. It was a cold sumbitch out there tonight.

I'm looking forward to the title game in San Antonio next year - indoors in a warm climate. What a concept. That's not the only reason we booed Kevin Weiberg at the trophy presentation, though.

The story tonight was defense, pure and simple. How many turnovers did we force - 7? That pic by Nic Harris was a thing of beauty. You probably couldn't hear it, but after the last NU play failed, there was an audible sigh of disappointment from the few Huskers left in the place.

I don't think I have ever been as proud of the team as I am right now. I thought that last year, but the two don't even compare. PT deserved this so much. I am just thrilled for him.

That's about all I've got for now. I need to go thaw out my brain. Looking forward to the trip to the desert to complete my full set of BCS bowls.

Big Red Ron
12/3/2006, 12:51 AM
I wish you worked for Channel 5.

:D

Blues1
12/3/2006, 12:58 AM
The Board is Rockin'

Get home Safe & Sound...!!!

KC//CRIMSON
12/3/2006, 01:00 AM
now that my hands have thawed out enough to type on this little keyboard. It was a cold sumbitch out there tonight.

I'm looking forward to the title game in San Antonio next year - indoors in a warm climate. What a concept. That's not the only reason we booed Kevin Weiberg at the trophy presentation, though.

The story tonight was defense, pure and simple. How many turnovers did we force - 7? That pic by Nic Harris was a thing of beauty. You probably couldn't hear it, but after the last NU play failed, there was an audible sigh of disappointment from the few Huskers left in the place.

I don't think I have ever been as proud of the team as I am right now. I thought that last year, but the two don't even compare. PT deserved this so much. I am just thrilled for him.

That's about all I've got for now. I need to go thaw out my brain. Looking forward to the trip to the desert to complete my full set of BCS bowls.

It's at Arrowhead again next year too.:cool:

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 01:04 AM
I feel a little vindication for the Sooners. After the blown call in Oregon, coupled with the UT loss, I thought our BCS chances were all but over. As it turns out, the only effect that call had on us was to our record. We're right where we're supposed to be...Big XII Champions playing in a BCS bowl game!

BoonesFarmSooner
12/3/2006, 01:10 AM
Man, wish I could have been there tonight!

Taylor was getting ROCKED! It's good to be a Hillbilly! Now all I gotta do is a little F'ing!

SoonerTerry
12/3/2006, 01:32 AM
:D BIG BIG Spek for braving the cold:D

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 01:34 AM
Safe jOUrney Home Phil.

OU-HSV
12/3/2006, 08:59 AM

Well said. And it was cold out there, that's for sure. But my multiple layers helped keep me warm.
And speaking of the parking lot. $20 to park was ridiculous. Especially as much of a cluster f*ck as that parking lot was. They had like 25 gates to take our cash and then narrowed us all down into like one lane to get to the parking lot. (I ended up being a curb hopper eventually along w/severl others)

TripleOption14
12/3/2006, 09:07 AM
When does the contract w/ Arrowhead run out? Anyone know? When it does it DEFINITELY should not be renewed. Make the game and the experience good for everyone involved my god!! IMO its just stupid to have this game in Kansas City when it 12 degrees out. What kind of fun is that.

jk the sooner fan
12/3/2006, 09:08 AM
they had 80K there last nite, thats a win for the big 12......they'll be back, bank on it

stoopified
12/3/2006, 09:11 AM
I am still so hyped I got about 4hours of sleep.Big 12 CHAMPS,going to the Fiesta.

trwxxa
12/3/2006, 10:22 AM
they had 80K there last nite, thats a win for the big 12......they'll be back, bank on it

Correct. KC and Dallas are the only two venues that will consistently draw big crowds due to a central location. It's all about the money and, IMHO, is why these conferences are ultimately against a playoff.

GrapevineSooner
12/3/2006, 10:27 AM
Well said. And it was cold out there, that's for sure. But my multiple layers helped keep me warm.
And speaking of the parking lot. $20 to park was ridiculous. Especially as much of a cluster f*ck as that parking lot was. They had like 25 gates to take our cash and then narrowed us all down into like one lane to get to the parking lot. (I ended up being a curb hopper eventually along w/severl others)

I think $20 is the norm nowadays at professional sports venues.

Unfortunately.

KC//CRIMSON
12/3/2006, 11:26 AM
When does the contract w/ Arrowhead run out? Anyone know? When it does it DEFINITELY should not be renewed. Make the game and the experience good for everyone involved my god!! IMO its just stupid to have this game in Kansas City when it 12 degrees out. What kind of fun is that.

I can think of about 20,000 OU fans that had fun last night. It will be back at Arrowhead as it should be. KC is a football town and really supports the Big12 in football and basketball and Arrowhead is an awesome venue.:cool:

Wait till you see the new Sprint Sports Complex for the Big12 B-Ball Tourny. Awesomeness.

KC//CRIMSON
12/3/2006, 11:29 AM

Dude, I try and tell people over and over again, take the shuttle......take the shuttle........take the shuttle.......;)

Al Gore
12/3/2006, 12:34 PM
Dude, I try and tell people over and over again, take the shuttle......take the shuttle........take the shuttle.......;)Yep....a few years ago we took that...right in and right out....Also....the limos get right in and right out....

Sooner24
12/3/2006, 04:32 PM
It's at Arrowhead again next year too.:cool:

The title game is in San Antonio next year.

OUswagger
12/3/2006, 05:03 PM
great post Phil, we had fun at home where it was warm and loud too, but i'm sure nothing like you exp.

picasso
12/3/2006, 05:07 PM
mostly Nebraska fans too. especially loud in the south end! those drunks were rockin the place all the way up until the first play of the game.:D

those of you who didn't come missed out.

Sooner24
12/3/2006, 05:27 PM
mostly Nebraska fans too. especially loud in the south end! those drunks were rockin the place all the way up until the first play of the game.:D

those of you who didn't come missed out.

Rub it in why don't ya. :( ;)