PDA

View Full Version : Boise State?

Jerk
12/3/2006, 12:09 AM
Maybe I'm dreaming this up, but I think..er.."Boise State" is going to be :stunned: when they see OU's team speed in person. There ain't no way they've seen a team as fast as ours. They're gonna be like :eek:!

SouthFortySooner
12/3/2006, 01:00 AM
..."you learn something new everyday"... today I learned they're called the Bronchos. Still don't know where boise state is? Is it in the contiguous U.S.?

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 01:02 AM
I doh ho where day is frum?

Sooner Suzie
12/3/2006, 01:04 AM
I really think NU will be facing a tougher team than OU will come New Year's Day.

tbl
12/3/2006, 01:05 AM
Interestingly enough, I also just discovered their mascot was the Bronco's. Had no clue up until today. The only thing I knew was they loved potatoes and blue turf.

They are going to be overwhelmed by our D. Our O will give them some hurt, but that D is going to dominate. I'm not being arrogant (since I have nothing to do with what happens), but I am completely confident that our D is going to knock some teeth out.

Those guys did an amazing job tonight. Absolutely friggin amazing.

tbl
12/3/2006, 01:07 AM
I really think NU will be facing a tougher team than OU will come New Year's Day.
What the heck are you talking about????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey! Since when is it 120 seconds between posts???? Did it quadruple for the Big XII game???? :les:

SoonerLB
12/3/2006, 01:13 AM
Do not underestimate Boise State. They aren't the biggest guys we have played, but their team speed and their running back rival anyone we have played. I've seen several of their games this season, and they are explosive. We can beat them, but it won't be a pushover.

stoopified
12/3/2006, 01:16 AM
By the Time the Fiesta Bowl is over Boise State is gonna wish they were in 1-AA or Division II.I honestly think 2-3 TDs is not at all unreasonable as an OU margin of victory over BSU.

tommieharris91
12/3/2006, 01:19 AM
Has Boise State played a BCS team yet?

Vaevictis
12/3/2006, 01:21 AM
Has Boise State played a BCS team yet?

They beat Oregon State, who beat USC, so clearly, Boise State is better than USC.

That's what the Boise State fans say, anyway. :rolleyes:

mightysooner
12/3/2006, 01:51 AM
We're going to put the fear of god in Boise State.

SouthFortySooner
12/3/2006, 01:54 AM
I am not overestimating them. I don't even know who they are. Seriously. :confused:

RiddlerOK
12/3/2006, 02:53 AM
Yes, good ol' Boise State. Look what happened to them last year when they played a Top 25 team. Granted it was early in the season but, a 48-13 loss to Georgia sure doesn't make them so strong that they will give Oklahoma a hard-fought game. And Oregon State? So they beat USC! Check their road record out and tell me if they really are that good of a team.

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 02:56 AM
Boise State will still be happy with their final 12-1 record.

Egeo
12/3/2006, 04:18 AM
boise whipped 9 win beaver ***

boise's run offense is ranked 9th and their defense is ranked higher than nebraska's. im sure this somewhat has to do with whom they've played but anybody can win any game.

Id like to see our athletes running over and around inferior ones - but lets bring our A game just in case.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 04:23 AM
Yes, good ol' Boise State. Look what happened to them last year when they played a Top 25 team. Granted it was early in the season but, a 48-13 loss to Georgia sure doesn't make them so strong that they will give Oklahoma a hard-fought game. And Oregon State? So they beat USC! Check their road record out and tell me if they really are that good of a team.

If by "early in the season" you mean "not this season" you're correct.

SoonerGM
12/3/2006, 04:41 AM
abc showed a side by side comparison of boise state's record and ou's. ou's record againts top 25 teams this year is 2-1, while boise's is 1-0. my question is... what top 25 team did they beat???

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/3/2006, 04:50 AM
Give Idaho back to Britian. http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/return_id.gif
I hate Idaho drivers. I know, I know, everybody has a local horror story about bad drivers, but until you've experienced the lofty heights of ineptitude of an Idaho driver, kindly shut the hell up. I've done a fair amount of driving around the states, and people from Idaho take the cake. If you see some dip**** holding up traffic for miles, there's a good chance that the driver is from Idaho. Just look for this stupid plate:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/id_plate2.jpg
Idaho's state colors are: red, white, and boring. I'd go so far as to say that Idaho is the most boring state in the union. Though, I have to admit that I've never been to New Hampshire, where the most interesting thing that state has/had going for it is the formation of a cliff that kind of looked like the face of an old man when viewed from a certain angle. New Hampshire is so boring that they literally put this arbitrary geological formation on their state coin. The "face" finally collapsed in 2003, causing many to be so distressed that they literally cried:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/nh_pathetic.jpg
WHERE'S YOUR OLD MAN NOW? New Hampshire's Tourism Industry: 0, Me: 1. To be fair, having a rock that sort of looks like a face as your state symbol is like diving into a tub full of tits when compared to Idaho, where there's so little going on that they proudly proclaim how famous their potatoes are on their license plates. Are you kidding me? Celebrities are famous. Landmarks are famous. The starchy, underground stems of plants that are used for deep frying side dishes are not. Wow, your state vegetable is a tuber. SNORE.
Idaho is possibly the only state in the union that actively makes its residents become ****ty drivers because of how uninteresting it is. There aren't any "skyscrapers" in Idaho, so when they get bored, they drive down to Utah to gawk at ours. The only problem is, there aren't any skyscrapers in Utah either. Here's a comparison chart to show the tallest building in Salt Lake City (the largest city in Utah), to some landmarks in real cities:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/ut_bldgs1.gif I've ****ed higher than the tallest building in Utah. So you can imagine how bored you'd have to be to come here. If you still aren't convinced that Idaho is the dullest place on earth, here's a list of things to do in Idaho (these come directly from visitidaho.org):
Visit the 45th parallel: "Just 2.5 miles north of New Meadows on U.S. 95 lies the imaginary line of the 45th Parallel. This sign-posted line marks the spot half-way between the Equator and the North Pole and is a popular photo-stop. A small rest stop offers visitors information about the area." Oooh! The 45th parallel, sounds like seconds of fun. I'd better bring extra film in case one of the rolls don't develop, because otherwise my friends will never believe that I've actually been to the 45th parallel! Pass.
Moscow Area Agricultural Loop Tour: "Idaho is not only number one in potato growing but produces the most lentils, too. Latah County is referred to as the Dry Pea and Lentil Capital of the World, where peas and beans are grown in the Palouse hills surrounding Moscow. The area is also filled with winter wheat fields. The Moscow Chamber of Commerce provides a detailed visitor's guide for your own driving tour of this productive and picturesque farmland." HOLY ****, I LIVE NEXT TO THE DRY PEA AND LENTIL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD? Why didn't anyone tell me??? Here I've been ****-listing Utah for all these years, when I've been living in a state that borders the dry pea and lentil capital of the world. I hereby revoke anything bad I've ever said about Idaho. And by revoke, I mean reaffirm.
Boise Towne Square Mall: "Idaho's largest mall offers anchor stores Macy's, Dillard's, Mervyns, J. C. Penney, Sears and numerous other shops and restaurants. Other stores located nearby include Toys R Us, Target, Best Buy, Linens n' Things and more. The neighborhood has grown into the largest shopping area in Idaho." Visit such exotic locations as J.C. Penney, Mervyns, Best Buy, and Sears, all for free? Get out. It's almost like the Idaho board of tourism doesn't want tourists. Idaho is the only state where not telling people what there is to see will actually get more people to visit.
Not only is Idaho a ho-hum state, Idahoans (their word, not mine) are gullible. Idaho was named in 1860 by George M. Willing, a mining lobbyist who pulled the name out of his *** (look it up). He picked the name "idaho" and told congress that it was a Shoshone Indian word that meant "Gem of the Mountains." Most westerners in the United States are completely devoid of any cultural heritage, so it has always been popular out here to latch onto American Indian monikers. When people finally caught on that "Idaho" was a made up name, it was too late. The name caught on and the morons who live there have called themselves "Idahoans" ever since.
I propose that we give Idaho back to the British, since that's who we got it from in the first place. I don't think it'll be too much of a problem because there aren't a lot of people in Idaho. According to the 2004 Census report, Idaho's population is 1,393,262. Just for comparison, there are 1,970,000 cows in Idaho. New rule: if your state has more cows than people, you don't get to be a state anymore.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/idaho_bore1.jpg
Pictured above: Idaho's busiest airport. The biggest thing to happen to Idaho in years is the movie "Napoleon Dynamite," which was filmed there. This movie was such a big deal that Idaho's state legislature has proposed a resolution to commend the creators (http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2005/HCR029.html) of the movie for raising awareness of Idaho. Way to put those tax dollars to use you **** dicks. Bang-up job.

1,786,386 legislators from Idaho are considering a resolution to condemn me for being mean.
[email protected]
Back to how much I rule... (http://www.xmission.com/%7Emaddox)
© 2005 by Maddox

Flagstaffsooner
12/3/2006, 05:28 AM
Lets not make asses of ourselves again. Treat them with respect before we beat them.

CORNholio
12/3/2006, 05:43 AM
Potatoes!!!!!!!!!!!

CORNholio
12/3/2006, 05:46 AM
Mmmmmmm patatoes......

Fraggle145
12/3/2006, 06:11 AM
I treated them with respect once when UGA played them and they got P. W. N. E. D. I cant wait till we pwn them again. fukin spek me cuz its 5am and I kmnow whose childrens are going to get beat the fuk down!!

(beer=good)

Vaevictis
12/3/2006, 06:56 AM
Lets not make asses of ourselves again. Treat them with respect before we beat them.

Exactly.

Besides... I like my potatoes. What kind of Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner would it be without mashed potatoes?

I damned well think we should keep Idaho.

tnraider1
12/3/2006, 07:18 AM
Do you think they can bring the turf with them? It would be more of a challenge playing them in camo. :)

I think we will over power them up front. This will be the game where Schmitty earns his big bucks. We don't want to get in a shootout with these guys, they are a dangerous team. I say we pound it out between the tackles with Peterson and Patrick. If they stack the line, which I'm sure they will, run it right at them anyway. We have too much size and strength up front for them to stop AD for long. Be patient, and hit the deep PA to Kelly when it's there. On defense, see Big 12 Championship game. As long as we make them play our game, we're fine. If we start playing theirs, I don't think we match up near as well.

sooner-n-ga
12/3/2006, 08:31 AM
beat Oregon State, who beat Oregon, who beat Oklahoma. I guess this makes them better than the sooners !

Don't read to much into the 48-13 loss to Georgia last year. Being in GA. I watched the game and everything that could have went wrong early did.

I'm afraid our team will over-look them (just as you guys are doing) and come into the game flat. If that happens, the bronco's will shock all of us.

SeattleOUstudent
12/3/2006, 08:39 AM
What the heck are you talking about????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey! Since when is it 120 seconds between posts???? Did it quadruple for the Big XII game???? :les:

I agree. Arkansas will be tougher @ the Cotton than BSU in the Fiesta.

jthomasou78
12/3/2006, 09:26 AM
I will be amazed if Oklahoma is not a 12 point favorite in this game. I guess I undertand the rule to allow mid-majors in. But how hard is it to get ramped up for one game against Oregon State. And if your Oregon State how do you take it as seriously as Oregon, UCLA, USC etc...

I am glad we won but Id rather hand Auburn its *** then Boise State.

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 09:35 AM
I eat potatos for lunch.

tulsaoilerfan
12/3/2006, 10:25 AM
I don't like this matchup as i would rather play someone from a major conference than a mid-major; this is Boise's National Championship game and as we saw with UCLA yesterday, anything can happen in a one game situation

Eielson
12/3/2006, 10:27 AM
You guys underestimate them. They've not been playing good teams but that team that beat USC (Oregon State) they beat 42-14.

85Sooner
12/3/2006, 10:30 AM

I think that was their only loss in the last two years. We damn well better take them seriously!

OklaPony
12/3/2006, 10:31 AM
I don't think the team will overlook BSU in any way. There's no doubt that Smurf will be pumped up beyond reasonable belief for this game because this is their opportunity to show what they can do against an established, big-time major-conference football team. They couldn't dream of a better opponent than the might University of Oklahoma Sooners. This may as well be the Superbowl as far as they're concerned and we damn sure can't afford to take them lightly.

Jackal
12/3/2006, 10:37 AM
Underestimating teams will get you beat, so let's assume OU walks in and takes care of business.............what do we get out of it?

I hate having to play Boise State.............it is a no-win situation. We get nothing out of a victory as far as prestige or next year's rankings.

85Sooner
12/3/2006, 10:47 AM
Underestimating teams will get you beat, so let's assume OU walks in and takes care of business.............what do we get out of it?

I hate having to play Boise State.............it is a no-win situation. We get nothing out of a victory as far as prestige or next year's rankings.
Your right but that i sth task at hand

TopDawg
12/3/2006, 11:17 AM
And if your Oregon State how do you take it as seriously as Oregon, UCLA, USC etc...

2003 (at Oregon State)
Boise State 24
Oregon State 27

2004 (at Boise State)
Oregon State 34
Boise State 53

2005 (at Oregon State)
Boise State 27
Oregon State 30

I think Oregon State was smart enough to take them seriously.

I don't know why y'all are worried about the perception of this game...who cares? Everybody who knows anything about college football is incredibly impressed with what we've done this year and a win over Boise State will do nothing to lessen that.

I think we'll win, but we'll have to play well. If we tackle in the Fiesta Bowl like we tackled last night, Boise State won't be stupid enough to abandon the run and we could have our hands full.

JLMSOONER
12/3/2006, 11:20 AM
I agree. I don't thinkwe have a lot to gain from this match up. I just hope we don't go thre and lay an egg!

birddog
12/3/2006, 11:28 AM
here come all the potato comments. just in time.

i'm just happy to be playing in the fiesta bowl with a chance to keep the momentum going into next season.

i agree with sooner suzie, there's a chance that nebraska's bowl opponent is going to be stronger than ours. but boise will cause us some problems.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 11:34 AM
do they have a fan website??

let me rephrase that... do they have the internet in idaho??

SoonerLB
12/3/2006, 11:42 AM
TopDawg hits on a good point about the tackling problems, and it wasn't just last night, it has been going on this whole season. Our linebackers seem to think they can just knock everyone down, and don't seem too keen on wrapping up. Boise State's star running back does not get knocked down easily, he has to be tackled!

I agree with the fact that we don't have a lot to gain from this matchup, but we do have a lot to lose, so we better bring the "A" game and stay focused. I hate to sound negative, but we cannot take these guys lightly!

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/3/2006, 11:49 AM
I fear Boise State.

I watched them play early in the season twice, and I remember thinking that they had great balance on offense, including a powerful running game, and a great, athletic defense. I didn't feel like I was watching a mid-major team.

The biggest hurdle for most teams/caoching staffs in this position would be getting the players to take the Broncos seriously. But Stoops and Co. will not have a problem with getting our guys to take care of business, regardless of the opponent.

Should be a great game. With really no research or thought into it, my early pick is that the line will be OU by 11, and we will win by 7.

I'm looking forward to it.

tomtom
12/3/2006, 12:42 PM
boise st schllo colors are blue and ORANGE .........................us sooner fans hate orange

SouthFortySooner
12/3/2006, 12:42 PM
The players estimation of the other team is one thing I feel the coaches are payed to establish. My estimation, no matter how I'm told to form it, will have no effect on the game. Hence my blatant underestimation of the boise state bronchos. A team that until yesterday I didn't know was the bronchos.

Now there is a reason for that. THE reason I think is, they haven't won enough games in the past, or beaten enough quality oponents to merit the national attention, or mine. :rolleyes:

sooner-n-ga
12/3/2006, 01:30 PM
will have the team focused, will it be like they were against UAB ?

Look at the blazers schedule and think back to how close they came to beating our boy's.

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result

09/02/06 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla. L, 24-17

09/09/06 vs. EAST CAROLINA * Birmingham, Ala. W, 17-12

09/16/06 at Georgia Athens, Ga. L, 34-0 > Do you think this Georgia team is that much better than OU ?

09/23/06 vs. MISSISSIPPI STATE Birmingham, Ala. L, 16-10 (OT)

09/30/06 vs. TROY Birmingham, Ala. W, 21-3

10/07/06 vs. MEMPHIS * Birmingham, Ala. W, 35-29

10/14/06 at Rice * Houston, Texas L, 34-33

10/21/06 vs. MARSHALL * Birmingham, Ala. L, 31-24

10/31/06 at SMU * Dallas, Texas L, 22-9 > SMU beat them by more than we did !

11/10/06 vs. UTEP * Birmingham, Ala. L, 36-17 > Utep beat em worse than the sooners !

11/18/06 at Southern Miss * Hattiesburg, Miss. L, 25-20

11/25/06 at UCF * Orlando, Fla. L, 31-22 > Again !

My point is, if our guys treat Boise as a number of you are, it will be a long night.

SouthFortySooner
12/3/2006, 01:39 PM
"they're a Division I football team, we can't underestimate them."... Larry Birdine.

The job is being done.

Ash
12/3/2006, 03:10 PM

I agree with you and Egeo. They might not be the best team we've faced this season but they do have athletes on both sides of the ball - especially offense.

Yes, they're conference is weak, but going undefeated in any league is an accomplishment and probably means you have a pretty good team. They've put together a pretty good streak of wins recently (yes, I know it was against mostly weak teams), that probably means they're doing something right.

Depending on what they show on defense, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of a running attack-ball control offense from the Sooners for this one. Similar to what was done when we've faced other high paced offenses.

PalmBeachSooner
12/3/2006, 03:10 PM
Do not underestimate Boise State. They aren't the biggest guys we have played, but their team speed and their running back rival anyone we have played. I've seen several of their games this season, and they are explosive. We can beat them, but it won't be a pushover.

I totally agree. They won't be a push over. They do what they do in a 'great way'. OU needs to be as physical as they can on offense. Keep their offense off the field by moving the chains and converting possessions into points. Don't give them any hope whatsoever of winning. I just don't see Stoops letting this team take them for granted.

Here's hoping PT wins the Fiesta Bowl MVP trophy.