PDA

View Full Version : That 99 yard drive will forever ...

sooneron
12/3/2006, 12:03 AM
... live in Sooner lore. Amazing, I was hoping for just a safety.

pb4ou
12/3/2006, 12:04 AM
They actually listened to me. I had said, "OK. Let's get a 99 yard drive guys."
:D

william_brasky
12/3/2006, 12:06 AM
I was hoping for just a safety.

same thing here.

Outstanding plays made and called.

SouthFortySooner
12/3/2006, 12:07 AM
...will forever be the Greshem drive in my mind.

Wishboned
12/3/2006, 12:07 AM
I think we should refer to it from now on as Paul's Drive.

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 12:09 AM
I think you can add Nic Harris' INT to that.

He came out of nowhere for that ball.

sooneron
12/3/2006, 12:11 AM
Yes

sooneron
12/3/2006, 12:13 AM
I think you can add Nic Harris' INT to that.

He came out of nowhere for that ball.
and yes,

but that should be chalked up to Sooner Magic, somewhat.

TheLlama
12/3/2006, 12:18 AM
No way man... Holmes backed off and Harris robbed that ball middair. Total execution.

bigdsooner
12/3/2006, 12:20 AM

hell yes, i was just hoping for a couple 1st downs and get it the f**k out of our endzone. with all the momentum in nu's favor, we did just what we have done all year....persevere

King Crimson
12/3/2006, 12:22 AM
Paul Thompson=the man.

MITSooner
12/3/2006, 12:22 AM
I was completely amazed by that last int.

I was convinced that it couldn't be possible, but it was. From a Nebbish TD to a Sooner INT... best defensive play of the game.

josh09
12/3/2006, 12:30 AM
That drive was the greatest drive i have seen in a football game in a long time. And given the situation, probably THE greatest ive ever seen.

flopshotjoe99
12/3/2006, 12:32 AM
pure greatness!!!

sooneron
12/3/2006, 12:33 AM
That drive was the greatest drive i have seen in a football game in a long time. And given the situation, probably THE greatest ive ever seen.
I agree, I can't remember one where the chips were down as much as they were and things looked so bleak on a third and long. And I have seen a LOT of games.

The Preach Man
12/3/2006, 12:35 AM

That's how I will refer to it from now on. We will tell the grandkids about that one guys. The backup QB, Redshirt QB, Starting QB, Backup QB, WR, Starting QB that made the difference in the drive that won us the BIG XII championship in 2006.

I love that guy.

soonerjace
12/3/2006, 12:38 AM
Every time we needed a big play we got it,unlike previous games this year the Sooners didn't have my blood pressure up so damn much~you could just feel their confidence tonight great game to watch.

mightysooner
12/3/2006, 12:39 AM
That drive as a BACK BREAKER! Nebraska will feel that one for years to come. Yeesh.....

ocsooner
12/3/2006, 12:42 AM
That drive forced Nebish to break away from their game plan and try to force things. You could see the offense melt after that. It was OUr defense slapping them around for the rest of the game.

Paul is the man, but Kelly sure makes him look good.

aero
12/3/2006, 12:55 AM
Paul is the man, but Kelly sure makes him look good.

You're right but no more so than Clayton and Co. make Jason look good. For that matter, most of the good passing teams have good recievers that bail out the qb every once in a while. Sounds easier than it is but the good ones catch whatever is thrown close to them. And we got some good ones. :D

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2006, 12:59 AM
That's why you all is who you is and we is who we is.
Fantastic game...glorious even.

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 12:59 AM
Up until that drive, it appeared that we weren't anywhere near prepared to play football after the intermission. Nebraska stuffed us every play and then....

But also congrats to the defense! Nebraska started every series but one in that second half within 55 yards of the end zone and failed to score.

SouthFortySooner
12/3/2006, 01:03 AM

Ok. Paul's drive that started with the pass to Greshem. :D

sanantoniosooner
12/3/2006, 01:07 AM
You're right but no more so than Clayton and Co. make Jason look good. For that matter, most of the good passing teams have good recievers that bail out the qb every once in a while. Sounds easier than it is but the good ones catch whatever is thrown close to them. And we got some good ones. :D
I'm not sure I agree.

White threw some beautiful passes and the receivers made good plays.

Malcom snags stuff that isn't nearly on target. I love Paul, but Malcom is part of the reason Paul looks as good as he does.

DenverSooner751
12/3/2006, 01:09 AM
This drive goes down in the books as "The Drive" in Sooner history. Looks like Bud had a little bit of sooner magic left to sprinkle down on us from the heavens for this year.

My buddy and I just looked at each other and said "99 yards. Wow."

bixby28
12/3/2006, 01:10 AM

I can almost agree with this statement. That drive was the most impressive of the season, without a doubt.

DenverSooner751
12/3/2006, 01:13 AM
And it's not like it was aided by bad calls from the Zebra's. Was our best against their best......and in the end, our boys pulled it out.

walkoffsooner
12/3/2006, 01:14 AM
Team effort

washington's fave
12/3/2006, 01:14 AM
I have the LEGENDARY DRIVE saved for posterity!!! It was AWESOME!!! That drive was the difference maker between a nice season and a BIG 12 CHAMPIOSHIP SEASON!!! :)

stoopified
12/3/2006, 01:22 AM
I think we should refer to it from now on as Paul's Drive.I like THE PT Big 12 Victory March,myself.

william_brasky
12/3/2006, 01:43 AM
anyone gonna give any props to the OC for that drive?

OK, I will. Nice calls KW.

soonerinabilene
12/3/2006, 02:05 AM
i love heupel. i love hybl. i love jason. i have certain memories of all three of them that are my favorite plays/moments of their career. josh was the option play in the big 12 ccg against kstate on 4th down. nate was the throw that he got killed on against texas, but still completed the pass. jason was THE td against a&m. they pale in comparison to paul leading us on that drive. he doesnt have a nc ring. he doesnt have a rose bowl mvp. he doesnt have a heisman. he does, however, have just as much respect from me as those three do. probably more. thank you paul for everything you sacrificed for this team. my 13 year old brother says that you are his favorite player. i can think of no one i would rather him look up to than you.

.Tim
12/3/2006, 02:26 AM
For those who want to watch it again, here it is unedited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yv8Gebb35s

Don't know how long it'll last, hope they don't delete it. :(

Egeo
12/3/2006, 02:29 AM
to me, that was freaking awesome

im at work and while i had gotten to watch much of the game, a problem came up so i had to remove a few parts off of a machine and take em back to our shop where we have the grinder and wire wheel. (and where i have the little b&w tv stashed)

i look at the tv and OU has the ball at the 1. i start grinding real quick and get done and OU has 3rd and long from the 1. boom big play after big play and i saw every second of em. I went back out to the line much happier!

gnostic19
12/3/2006, 02:29 AM
Yep...and think of how miserable the TE play had been up until then. The dropped pass, holding on that first long run by Patrick in the 2nd half.

gnostic19
12/3/2006, 02:35 AM
Nah...sounds like a telethon for the disadvantaged.

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 03:21 AM

PT threw to five different receivers on that drive.

SoonerGM
12/3/2006, 04:08 AM
Yep...and think of how miserable the TE play had been up until then. The dropped pass, holding on that first long run by Patrick in the 2nd half.

but... was that pass really dropped?

All_Day_28
12/3/2006, 05:41 AM
After that drive...

Adrian Peterson = AD
Roy Williams = TRRW
Paul Thompson = ENA....... NO!!!!!!!!

Paul Thompson = GOD!!!!!!

Grimey
12/3/2006, 08:52 AM
They actually listened to me. I had said, "OK. Let's get a 99 yard drive guys."

good suggestion

ruf/nekdad
12/3/2006, 08:52 AM
I'm not sure I agree.

White threw some beautiful passes and the receivers made good plays.

Malcom snags stuff that isn't nearly on target. I love Paul, but Malcom is part of the reason Paul looks as good as he does.

The guy is amazing. Going to be fun watching him play on Sundays.

boomrsoonr
12/3/2006, 09:20 AM
What bothers me about that drive is, it looked easy. This team last night, during that drive, looked like they could do that any time they wanted to.

So why didn't they want to earlier? Or later, or whenever!!! I needed my BP meds before it was over.

Seriously, this team looks like it just lays down some times. And I can't figure that out.

Anyways, a great drive and a great game between two great teams. One team with legendary history, and the other with a bunch of f'n hillbillies. ;)

Rogue
12/3/2006, 10:31 AM
It didn't look easy on 1st or 2nd down at the goalline.

Rogue
12/3/2006, 10:41 AM

Who is "omgbutsecks?"

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/3/2006, 11:02 AM
boomrsoonr - We were just exploiting the outs, which neb left open most of the night. It was just great recognition by our coaches and great execution by PT and the receivers.

On the neb boards right now, they are asking - "why the hell were the medium outs open all night?"

SoonerGM
12/3/2006, 11:30 AM
haha, yah it was pretty much the same play over and over again, all night. but you know... run it til they stop it ;)

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/3/2006, 12:36 PM
Great catches, yes. Great blocking, yes, But make no mistake:

That drive will live forever as a huge, badass statement by PT. As in PT saying I will take my championship ring by force and make it look like I'm a man playing against neighborhood kids.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 12:46 PM
That drive as a BACK BREAKER! Nebraska will feel that one for years to come. Yeesh.....
without reading the rest of the thread... i totally thought the same thing. that one hurt BIGTIME. they had stopped us cold the first 2 series of the half, and had us 3rd and long with the center's feet plopped in the endzone. and then to top it off with a hella sweet catch.

WOW. just WOW.

.Tim
12/3/2006, 12:55 PM
Who is "omgbutsecks?"

Me, why?

rufnek05
12/3/2006, 01:01 PM
that drive was simply awesome, only word for it.

Beano's Fourth Chin
12/3/2006, 01:06 PM
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9002/thedriveaa9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

fadada1
12/3/2006, 01:06 PM
that drive was simply awesome, only word for it.
think about it, pledge. there's LOTS of words for it;) ;)