PDA

View Full Version : Defense Wins Championships

tulsaOUfan
12/2/2006, 11:56 PM
Thank You OU Defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flopshotjoe99
12/3/2006, 12:42 AM
should have been a shutout.:mad: The D has been out of this world!!!

Soonerus
12/3/2006, 12:45 AM
D has played great since, well Oregon...

mightysooner
12/3/2006, 12:53 AM
I felt sorry for Taylor during the game. He got brutalized all night long and he was bleeding from parts of his body people don't normally bleed from. He was crushed, run down, and crushed some more ALL NIGHT LONG! Poor bastid is gonna wake up in pain tomorrow.

And even though I haven't been a fan of his......I'd like to give some props to *gulp* DJ Wolf for stepping in for Walker and snatching a ball out of the air to make Taylor cry in his helmet. Great game defense!

bixby28
12/3/2006, 12:53 AM
Taylor was picked off 3 times! The defense was outstanding.

Boomer Sooner

washington's fave
12/3/2006, 12:54 AM
BOOOOMER ******** SOOOONER!!!

Everytime the Sooners needed a BIG TIME play the D made it!!!
******** AWESOME!!!

DrZaius
12/3/2006, 12:57 AM
Am I going to be the only one to not only thank our DEFENSE but also Brent for pulling these guys together.......

I am sure there are going to be several to credit Bob.....but that is not his style....I know in my heart he let Brent do what Brent does and get this defense together!

GOOD JOB BV...even though you won't get the cred you deserve from this board.

SouthFortySooner
12/3/2006, 01:07 AM
I was surprised how little the T.V. guys were saying about the beating Zac was taking. Some games it get annoying. The qb just took another shot drama, but tonight was the opposite.

RRWSooner
12/3/2006, 01:12 AM
Sums it up perfectly. Defense DOES win championships!

Thank you OU D!!!

Thank you Paul Thompson!!!

Thank you Malcom Kelly!!!

And last but CERTAINLY not least, thank you BOB STOOPS!!!!!!!

OU - 2006 BIG 12 CHAMPIONS!!!!!

101sooner
12/3/2006, 01:16 AM
OU is defense.

SoonerFanDeluxe
12/3/2006, 02:24 AM
can we all say a big thank you to Brent. we gave him a lot of heat early on this season but he's brought this defense back to championship caliber.

Vaevictis
12/3/2006, 02:28 AM
Yeah, no doubt the defense was the difference tonight.

Nebraska started on their 45 or better on average in the second half, and our defense gave up zero points. That's some serious **** right there.

If the defense plays this well every game, we win every game.

So, kudos to them, and kudos to BV for an outstanding game tonight.

Now go out there and do it again in January.

jwlynn64
12/3/2006, 02:29 AM
I thought I heard something from Stoops about how they changed their philosophy on D after the Oregon game.

I may be getting this wrong but it seems like they may have been trying to scheme too much and not coaching to the kids strenghts at first and they they just said, "Heck. Let's just let the kids do what they do best."

Someone correct me if I heard it wrong.

Egeo
12/3/2006, 02:34 AM
And even though I haven't been a fan of his......I'd like to give some props to *gulp* DJ Wolf for stepping in for Walker and snatching a ball out of the air to make Taylor cry in his helmet.

the epitome of the OU season. perservearance! im glad our players dont give up on themselves like some of our fans give up on them. but ive been guilty of this in the past.

SoonerFanDeluxe
12/3/2006, 02:35 AM
I hadn't heard that but maybe. they certainly started improving from there out, no doubt.

SoonerFanDeluxe
12/3/2006, 02:43 AM
should have been a shutout.:mad: The D has been out of this world!!!
no doubt

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 02:46 AM
Taylor was picked off 3 times! The defense was outstanding.

Boomer Sooner

And dropped three others. Every NU drive but one in the second half started with less than 55 yards to the end zone and they failed to score. Great defense tonight!

Boomer Sooner!

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 02:50 AM
I thought I heard something from Stoops about how they changed their philosophy on D after the Oregon game.

I may be getting this wrong but it seems like they may have been trying to scheme too much and not coaching to the kids strenghts at first and they they just said, "Heck. Let's just let the kids do what they do best."

I heard this, too.

SoonerFanDeluxe
12/3/2006, 02:56 AM
interesting, so what changes were made?

RiddlerOK
12/3/2006, 02:58 AM

Hey, you were wrong! He created a double-secret probation scheme just for Nebraska!

Nah! Just kidding! hehe! :)

the_edge
12/3/2006, 07:32 AM
The secondary played like it was January 2001.