PDA

View Full Version : PT the Sooner Legend

Ground_Attack
12/2/2006, 11:47 PM
Paul deserves ALL of the praise in the world for his job this year. He bailed OU out big time with his leadership on and off the field as well as great QB play. Hats off to the leader of OUr Sooners PT. I'm so grateful to be able to cheer for such a great young man! You and your Sooners earned their rings without a doubt!

Boomer Sooner!!!

Newbomb Turk
12/2/2006, 11:48 PM
he came through when we needed him.

Chuck Bao
12/2/2006, 11:49 PM
He's a stud. He gets my vote.

Veritas
12/2/2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah, he's been incredible...I thought it was cool when they showed how much better his stat's were than Bomar's.

I think he re-earned the title "ENA".

Joe
12/2/2006, 11:55 PM
MVP of the season.

TUSooner
12/3/2006, 12:01 AM
Paul deserves ALL of the praise in the world for his job this year. He bailed OU out big time with his leadership on and off the field as well as great QB play. Hats off to the leader of OUr Sooners PT. I'm so grateful to be able to cheer for such a great young man! You and your Sooners earned their rings without a doubt!

Boomer Sooner!!!
AMEN!!

David Earl
12/3/2006, 12:03 AM
Paul is indeed a Sooner legend. I'm so happy for him!

Wishboned
12/3/2006, 12:05 AM
Paul has cemented his legacy. As Sooner fans we'll be talking about him for years.

I would wish him good luck, but someone like him makes his own luck and creates his own opportunities and I know he's going to be a success at whatever his future holds.

Flying Scotsman
12/3/2006, 12:06 AM
ENA! ENA! ENA!

Blues1
12/3/2006, 12:09 AM
Retire Number 12 - Let "THE LEGEND" Live on....!!!!

JMHO...!!!
R'

ArkanSooner
12/3/2006, 12:13 AM
Amen to that. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

TheLlama
12/3/2006, 12:16 AM
What a great year for this bunch... couldnt be more deserving.

OhU1
12/3/2006, 12:19 AM
PT is a Sooner legend. He will be remembered forever for what he did this year. Furthermore, PT seems like a fairly intelligent dude. Unlike most of his peers he does not stutter and say "you know" over and over. PT will have a place in the Sooner Nation forever.

jdsooner
12/3/2006, 12:20 AM
Calm, Courageous, Competent!!

OU James
12/3/2006, 12:51 AM
I haven't rooted so hard for a sooner player, since hybl in the rose bowl...he's the man in my book, just think a year ago, he was a possession receiver, now he's the qb of the big 12 champs, i'm guessing he's sending mullet guy from big red sports and imports a care package tomorrow.

walkoffsooner
12/3/2006, 12:52 AM
PT is not great at any one thing. But overall he is great. Must be mental greatness.

mightysooner
12/3/2006, 12:57 AM
Upon hearing the news Bomar was dismissed and Paul was taking the QB job back at the start of the season.....

"If you all will ride with me, I'll ride with you" -Paul Thompson

Thompson is a warrior and will forever be a legend in Sooner lore. On a steel horse he rides....

PS I recommend this thread be made a sticky if possible. Thompson hasn't gotten the love he deserves this year IMO. Just a suggestion....

bixby28
12/3/2006, 12:57 AM
One of the greatest Sooners of all time!

crimson&cream
12/3/2006, 01:10 AM
One of the greatest Sooners of all time!
No doubt he will forever be one of the most endeared and favorite Sooners of all-time. Thanks Paul.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for being such a remarkable team player and outstanding & unselfish person. At future OU reunions at the REd & White game etc he'll be one who gets one of the more enthusiastic rounds of
applause. Two thumbs up!

Ike
12/3/2006, 01:27 AM
Paul (ENA) Thompson, this beer is for you.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/3/2006, 01:31 AM
Me, I'm drinking champagne. (Hey, life is short. Live it up.)

Paul, I underestimated you and I apologize. You've stepped up to the plate more than any human could have been expected to. Congrats, guy! You earned every bit of it.

washington's fave
12/3/2006, 01:50 AM
For as much criticism as he recieved after last years loss to TCU...I hope he has received redemption in all SOONER eyes after this seasons accomplishments. HE IS A SOONER LEGEND IN MY EYES!!!!

DenverSooner751
12/3/2006, 01:58 AM
Don't forget, TCU went...what? 10-2 last year?!?!?!?!?!? A lot of QB's would have folded.

God bless the young man. Could be draft day material for his leadership ability. Most likely in the late rounds......but somebody may just take a chance on the fellow.
Either way, anytime you defeat the bugeaters.....you be a ok in my book.
Thanks for the memories Paul. Now go beat the ****ola out of those blue turf munching queens from I- DA- HO.

gnostic19
12/3/2006, 02:26 AM
He led some classic drives this year. The one tonight...and one that may be overlooked by some, at the end of the 1st half against TTech after throwing the int that put them down by 14. Post your favorite drive of his...

Ground_Attack
12/3/2006, 10:52 AM
ENA is now cemented as one of my all-time Sooner favorites!

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/3/2006, 11:11 AM
Horn on Paul Thompson, this morning on hornfans:
--------------------------------------
Post by phdhorn:

Those jokes aside, Stoops is a great coach, and deserves it, but I have to give most of the credit to Paul Thompson. What this guy did for his team is nothing short of tremendous. He was gearing up to be a WR for the pros, then puts his pro career at risk to take a position that he was already told he was 2nd best at.

Yet he goes in there and steadily improves until he leads them to the Big 12 Championship. He might not be the caliber of some of the Heisman candidates, but he has done a tremendous job for them. Stoops owes him big time and should give him a large piece of the trophy.

You can rag on the dude, but Thompson is a stand up guy, a selfless player who I admire I don't give a flying [censored] if he's from OU or what. Good man, I wish him all the best.
----------------------------------------

Sums it up nicely.