PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Kelly

OU James
12/2/2006, 11:30 PM
the greatest human alive? discuss...

Hot Rod
12/2/2006, 11:33 PM
Don't know about greatest human, but a heck of a receiver!

StoopTroup
12/2/2006, 11:38 PM
No.

But he's Coached by the Greatest. :D

sooneron
12/3/2006, 12:09 AM
What's his glove size?, cuz the guy doesn't drop much.

SouthFortySooner
12/3/2006, 12:10 AM
..sweetness.

soonerjace
12/3/2006, 12:16 AM
is a star

OU James
12/3/2006, 12:19 AM
I have a bad feeling we'll only have one more year of him, they'll love him in the nfl...reminds me ALOT of TFRW, size, talent, only he has the ability to show up in big games.

OhU1
12/3/2006, 12:21 AM
I'm glad MK is not s JR. because he is NFL all the way. What a stud.

Joe
12/3/2006, 12:22 AM
He sure as hell came up big for us tonight. Our best receiver since Clayton.

josh09
12/3/2006, 12:23 AM

no...................................

...............because he is A GOD!!!!!

ArkanSooner
12/3/2006, 12:25 AM
is the best wide receiver in college football next season.

flopshotjoe99
12/3/2006, 12:30 AM
that kid has some talent no doubt, it's gonna be fun to watch him in AZ & next season.:cool:

ocsooner
12/3/2006, 12:44 AM
Kind of like Men in Black - He makes Paul look good.

SoonerSloan
12/3/2006, 12:59 AM
is a straight up stud, stoops needs to figure out how to keep him for the next 2 seasons...

washington's fave
12/3/2006, 01:06 AM
Malcolm Kelley = Mr. Studley!!! If OU has any kind of QB next that can get him the ball....MR. ALL-AMERICAN!!! :hot:

jbstrick
12/3/2006, 01:09 AM
... Got a Gameday helmet sticker from Riese (sp?). He also spoke the sacred words.

mightysooner
12/3/2006, 01:53 AM
.....is a SUPER star.

mikeb
12/3/2006, 01:57 AM
Best receiver in the Nation.

DrZaius
12/3/2006, 02:01 AM
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST

OK2LA
12/3/2006, 02:05 AM
. . . . drives; while his onions ride shotgun

Texas Golfer
12/11/2006, 04:40 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=uwire-oureceivermalcolmkellylook&prov=uwire&type=lgns

OU receiver Malcolm Kelly looks forward to role as leader next year

By Zach West, Oklahoma Daily
December 7, 2006
(CSTV U-WIRE) NORMAN, Okla. -- After a record-breaking Big 12 Championship game in Kansas City, Mo., Saturday, Oklahoma sophomore wide receiver Malcolm Kelly sat at the press conference podium, soaking in the atmosphere.

Surrounding him were OU seniors Rufus Alexander, Paul Thompson and C.J. Ah You, while head coach Bob Stoops talked about Thompson's stellar performance in the win over Nebraska.

"(Thompson)'s in that huddle -- and Malcolm will probably grin -- with a bunch of young guys that they all look to him, and he's been kind of like their pops. Is that right, Malcolm?"

Laughter filled the room as Alexander and the rest of the seniors good-naturedly ribbed Kelly, much like a big brother joking with a little brother.

For one more game, Kelly will get to play this role, the role of a youngster. But after OU's Fiesta Bowl game against Boise State, the Longview, Texas, native will take on a different role -- the role of leader.

"All three of those guys are real great players. But at the same time ... they'll be gone next year," the 6-4, 217-pound receiver said. "All of the sophomore receivers -- we'll be the guys that have played the most football out of everybody next year on the offense. We're going to have to take it upon ourselves to make sure everybody's getting it done and making sure we keep this thing rolling."

On an offense short on experienced quarterbacks and seniors -- only tight end Joe Jon Finley and running backs Allen Patrick /Adrian Peterson (if he returns) are projected starters -- Kelly and other 2007 juniors will be counted on to fill the void.

"There wasn't a lot of seniors or a lot of juniors (on this year's team)," OU offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said. "The challenge when you've got a lot of young talent doing good is to keep them driving without them thinking you're just trying to run them down all of the time, but to keep pushing them to get us to the 'elite' level, the great level. This group has a chance to get to there, but it's not there yet."

With the success of this year's squad, expectations for next year have never been higher. Although Adrian Peterson is expected to declare for the NFL, the Sooners will return the core of a team that overcame a mountain of adversity to advance to a BCS game.

If Saturday was any indication, OU could be in good hands. Coming into the game, Kelly believed he had something to prove. Despite finishing his sophomore season with 993 yards and 10 touchdowns, he was upset about not being named to the Associated Press or Coaches' All-Big 12 first teams released last week.

"I tried to make it a statement," Kelly said. "I thought about that all week, coming out and making this game a statement game."

And what a statement he made. Kelly finished the game with a Big 12 Championship game record of 10 catches and 142 yards -- 102 of which came in the first half.

Kelly, however, still wasn't pleased -- especially with the two drops he had during the game.

"The way I am, I'm never really satisfied," Kelly said. "There's always something better that I can get, and that's what I shoot for. That's what this whole team shoots for. We never settle for less."

Getting next year's team to achieve its goals might require something that Kelly's not all that used to -- actually making a statement.

"I've never really been that much of a vocal kind of guy," Kelly said. "I may say it one time and then go out there and do it to prove what I'm saying."

Although he may not be that comfortable talking, he feels more than confident that his play on the field will help guide his younger teammates.

"The way that I am, I'll probably try more to lead by example," he said. "Somebody's going have to do it next year, and I guess I'll be an alright man for the job."

Doged
12/11/2006, 06:05 AM
Malcolm Kelly is absolutely the best WR in the nation... at catching passes thrown behind him. ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/11/2006, 09:23 AM
can recite lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail in Gaelic...

OUmillenium
12/11/2006, 11:31 AM
Many of you have said it, but I believe he will be the best receiver in college football next season. I think he is now but I am talking about media attention. He made about 4 highlight catches just in the Big 12 Champ game. Great body control. Strong, great hands, speed, he has it all.

1 more year with OU then he is a 1st rounder. Awesome.

sooneron
12/11/2006, 11:41 AM
I always enjoy watching his interviews on soonersports.com .

Jason White's Third Knee
12/11/2006, 11:45 AM
Is Jack Palance still alive? It all hinges on the answer to that question.

AUGUSTUS-CAESAR
12/11/2006, 11:40 PM
Will be an even better pro receiver then he is in college, and he's pretty awesome now. He is the prototypical NFL receiver...IMO.

goingoneight
12/12/2006, 12:14 AM
If we keep him low-profile and not let Traber talk about Heisman votes for a receiver, we stand a chance of keeping him until early 2009, if ya know what I mean... :D

Texas Golfer
12/12/2006, 08:53 AM
Is Jack Palance still alive? It all hinges on the answer to that question.

Palance died about a month ago.

rhombic21
12/12/2006, 11:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9W7nTi4JFQ

jwlynn64
12/12/2006, 02:21 PM
just got screwed by not making the All American team even though his numbers are better than Jarretts. :mad: