PDA

View Full Version : Is holding not a punishable offense in the Big XII title game?

SoonerStormchaser
12/2/2006, 10:04 PM
The amount of times Nebbish has gotten away with holding our d-line is freakin rediculous. We've gotten away with it twice as well.

Oh, and someone needs to flag that moron DB covering Kelly...he's interfering with him left and right!

StoopTroup
12/2/2006, 10:06 PM
As long as they call it the same both ways, I can't complain.

They really should call them when it makes a difference in the play.

Newbomb Turk
12/2/2006, 10:14 PM
I don't get it either. The ref's are swallowing the whistles, but Neb is taking advantage of it moreso than we are.

mdklatt
12/2/2006, 10:26 PM
Now they call it. :rolleyes: :mad:

SoonerStormchaser
12/2/2006, 10:32 PM
Apparently, it's only callable if it's against us!

Gawddamn refs!

Doged
12/3/2006, 12:03 AM
I kinda' liked that they were letting them play. Seemed pretty even-handed to me, but it's not something I was really watching for. They sure let the WR's and DB's fight it out all game long.

JohnnyMack
12/3/2006, 12:06 AM
They haven't called holding in the Big XII since Halloween. We held as much as they did.

I thought they let the teams play.

GrapevineSooner
12/3/2006, 01:28 AM
By and large they did.

Though, Nebraska got away with a rather noticeable hold in the end zone on their big play that got them out of their end of the field in the 2nd.

Oh well. We overcome obstacles and we won. That's all that matters.

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 01:30 AM
They called holding twice...both times against the Sooners. Nebraska was holding so much and the refs never called it. Their defenders interferred with our receivers all night long and NEVER called it once.

MissouriSooner
12/3/2006, 01:32 AM
Oh, and someone needs to flag that moron DB covering Kelly...he's interfering with him left and right!
Oh, I think Kelly did OK handling the guy trying to cover him. Like the big-time receiver he is, he repeatedly pushed the defender away to clear space to make the catch. Worked great, and the refs let 'em play, which is the way it should be.

sanantoniosooner
12/3/2006, 01:33 AM
MK didn't get called for push-offs either.

DrZaius
12/3/2006, 01:33 AM
Me and my brother were bitching about the same thing......but after only a single call against us there is not much to complain about......

I do have a tip for the OU offense...If you do not want a holding call, don't let Patrick break any big runs......I mean tonight and the a/m game...crap he just does not get a break

stoopified
12/3/2006, 01:37 AM
Oh well. We overcome obstacles and we won. That's all that matters.[/QUOTE]True but what really matters is we are going to THE FIESTA BOWL as Big 12 CHAMPS.