PDA

View Full Version : F the NCAA Officials they

85Sooner
12/2/2006, 09:41 PM
are screwing us every which way. If i were a player I definitly would take one out but good. I have never seen so many missed calls even Oregon.

Get the posse together and screw these irritating people

SoonerStormchaser
12/2/2006, 10:05 PM
Tell us how you REALLY feel!

StoopTroup
12/2/2006, 10:07 PM
I wish Doug Flutie would smack Collinsworth up-side the head. :D

jccouger
12/3/2006, 12:20 AM
They did a pretty decent job tonight. Can't complain.

TheLlama
12/3/2006, 12:23 AM
No big blown calls tongiht... missed an PI call but it happens.

Scott D
12/3/2006, 12:46 AM
No big blown calls tongiht... missed an PI call but it happens.

They could have called Grigsby for PI about 3 times...conversely they could have called Kelly 3 or 4 times for offensive PI. Props to the refs for letting them play football.

soonerboy112
12/3/2006, 12:53 AM
looked to me like they missed some holding calls but we still got alot of pressure on taylor anyways...also looked like on that botched/faked FG they maybe couldve called pass interference and then one time in the 4th quarter they pretty much ran over cohen about 3-4 seconds after he punted it but all in all not too bad OU won i cant complain

GimmeRed
12/3/2006, 12:58 AM
looked to me like they missed some holding calls but we still got alot of pressure on taylor anyways...also looked like on that botched/faked FG they maybe couldve called pass interference and then one time in the 4th quarter they pretty much ran over cohen about 3-4 seconds after he punted it but all in all not too bad OU won i cant complain
They did allow a lot of contact tonight but I believe you can hit the receiver if it is behind the LOS.

sanantoniosooner
12/3/2006, 01:00 AM
They could have called Grigsby for PI about 3 times...conversely they could have called Kelly 3 or 4 times for offensive PI. Props to the refs for letting them play football.
exactly.

BoonesFarmSooner
12/3/2006, 01:08 AM
They missed a fumble and didn't even review it, missed a ton of holding calls, pass interference calls, etc...

The Big 12 is pretty damn sorry when it comes to officiating.

sanantoniosooner
12/3/2006, 01:12 AM
They missed a fumble and didn't even review it, missed a ton of holding calls, pass interference calls, etc...

Let me ask you this..........

Which fans sit at home saying "We have got the best officiating in the nation"?

TheHumanAlphabet
12/3/2006, 01:13 AM
Were the f#cktard refs from the North? They sure let Nebbish hold all night long, then call back 2 great plays on us for the only holding calls of the night. That ain't right!

Otherwise, great game and Paul was great and Kevin Wilson (dare I say it) called a good game to allow Paul to be successful. I HATE CALLAHAN, the f'ing hillbillie!!!

CobraKai
12/3/2006, 04:18 AM
My biggest complaint was out 2 holds and the fumble they missed. Both teams held like CRAZY tonight. We had a safety disallowed for holding, so to call back to OU first downs for holding was lame, and the missed fumble stunk, but since we scored on teh next play it had no affect on the outcome fo teh game. Overall they let them play, which I like.

Frozen Sooner
12/3/2006, 04:21 AM
They missed a fumble and didn't even review it

We talking about the fourth down pass that was ruled incomplete?

SoonerGM
12/3/2006, 04:35 AM
the only reason you guys cant complain is because we won. you know that you guys would be in here whining about every little blown call had we lost. the refs stunk it up tonight. i dont mind if they let the wideouts and defensive backs get a little physical with each other, but smacking a guys hand down when he is about to catch the ball is ridiculous.

of course, holding happens on nearly every play, but when they negate sacks which instead result for a chunk of yardage for the offense, then some flags need to be thrown keep it in check. we should have had a safety. there is holding, and then there is hanging off a players back and dragging him to the ground.

also, the "dropped ball" by joe john was a joke, unless i have the rules confused. ball was in no way bobbled, and it didnt come out of his hands until he landed on the ground. i thought once you hit the ground, you are down.

of course, its all fine and dandy because we won, but lets not get carried away by giving the refs props. our boys overcame some more zebra adversity. give them the props.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/3/2006, 05:26 AM
I don't have a problem with any officiating tonight. I am sure the refs did as good of a job as they could have. They may have missed a few calls but I am sure they missed some calls for Nebraska as well. They let the teams play and at no point did I feel they impacted the game. They do need to let the plays go when there is a fumble just in case though.

Scott D
12/3/2006, 07:56 AM
the only reason you guys cant complain is because we won. you know that you guys would be in here whining about every little blown call had we lost. the refs stunk it up tonight. i dont mind if they let the wideouts and defensive backs get a little physical with each other, but smacking a guys hand down when he is about to catch the ball is ridiculous.

of course, holding happens on nearly every play, but when they negate sacks which instead result for a chunk of yardage for the offense, then some flags need to be thrown keep it in check. we should have had a safety. there is holding, and then there is hanging off a players back and dragging him to the ground.

also, the "dropped ball" by joe john was a joke, unless i have the rules confused. ball was in no way bobbled, and it didnt come out of his hands until he landed on the ground. i thought once you hit the ground, you are down.

of course, its all fine and dandy because we won, but lets not get carried away by giving the refs props. our boys overcame some more zebra adversity. give them the props.

this post can't be taken seriously for the simple fact that with the exception of about 5 posts in this thread, everyone else *IS* complaining (see: whining) about the officiating.

sooner-n-ga
12/3/2006, 08:39 AM
My biggest complaint was out 2 holds and the fumble they missed. Both teams held like CRAZY tonight. We had a safety disallowed for holding, so to call back to OU first downs for holding was lame, and the missed fumble stunk, but since we scored on teh next play it had no affect on the outcome fo teh game. Overall they let them play, which I like.

What the heck is "teh", I see people using it a lot on the board ?

stoopified
12/3/2006, 09:50 AM
I agree.

OUTrumpet
12/3/2006, 10:01 AM

You can't review a no-call on a fumble. If they say there is a fumble, you can review to say there isn't...but you can't review a non-called fumble to say, yep there was.

fadada1
12/3/2006, 10:02 AM
What the heck is "teh", I see people using it a lot on the board ?
it stands for "where can i get a sooner ringtone?"

Texas Golfer
12/3/2006, 10:13 AM
The lack of pass interference calls was a little disturbing. The problems that I had with the officials is when Kelly was going for a pass and was knocked down before the ball got there and there was no flag.

I couldn't believe the officials called Jackson down when he clearly fumbled.

Finley, at no time, ever bobbled the ball. That was a completion that would have kept our drive going.

Other than the Nebraska holding on almost every play, the officiating wasn't so bad. They called holding twice on us and never on them.

85Sooner
12/3/2006, 10:20 AM
Did I hear on the broadcast that the head coaches were warned by the officials before the game to not make a big deal out of close calls? I think I did and that was weird. I'll try and find it on tape

tulsaoilerfan
12/3/2006, 10:32 AM
Did I hear on the broadcast that the head coaches were warned by the officials before the game to not make a big deal out of close calls? I think I did and that was weird. I'll try and find it on tape
Bob must not have given that memo to Venables. :D

85Sooner
12/3/2006, 11:03 AM
THey better be glad the bad calls didn't cost us the game. just found out the head of the officiating crew lives down here in Austin Texas Ooooooooohhhhhh