PDA

View Full Version : OU/NEB Prestige

freshchris05
12/2/2006, 04:56 PM
im a young guy i wasnt alive or even thought of for most of the classic battles between OU and NEB but this whole week seeing those two names next to each other and the magnitude of the game, being for the CCG, it just gives me goosebumps. Even though both teams aren't at the top of the plateau, the build up for me has been insane. Maybe its because after everything thats happened we still can be conf champs, i dunno but i still cant wait...

I'm not in KC and im not going to the game obviously but after the game for those of you who are there, please throw salsa packets. They are less expensive than somberos....

Blues1
12/2/2006, 05:04 PM
Welcome to iceberg games....!!!!

Chuck Bao
12/2/2006, 06:04 PM
I have to say that this match-up is and has always been THE GAME for me.

I listened to most of the UN-OU games in the 70s while driving a tractor, plowing up the wheat fields, or hauling hay in late season. I would hang on to every word of John Brooks.

As a kid, I made it only to one NU-OU game and we lost that one. That was the one with the famous fumbleruskie play.

Neb was always a worthy opponent with great fans and support.

I think the point was about support of unpaid college athletes who are giving all to represent their schools.

I'm a bit puzzled by fans who are not suiting up talking smack and particularly smack talking to little children. ahem LSU.

I like the old days.