PDA

View Full Version : Effin Lortabs aren't working

Jerk
12/2/2006, 02:19 PM
I think I'm pushing it because I've taken, like, 3 or 4 already today and i still got all afternoon, evening, and night. My stash is getting low, anyway. So, I'm going to try something different. This is pain from a pinched nerve in my back that is killing me (for some reason the pain shoots down in my foot). I'm just going to try bare arse aspirin and see if that works better. I think I last took a lortab about noonish. When do you experts here think I'm safe to try 2 aspirin?

ps- the bottle says hydrocodone/apap 7.5/500 TBMCK

Might already have aspirin in it?

GottaHavePride
12/2/2006, 02:33 PM
Man, I don't have a clue. This sounds like a question for Doc.

Jerk
12/2/2006, 02:35 PM
Man, I don't have a clue. This sounds like a question for Doc.

Yeah, I think I'd be alright, but I'll wait till monday and call doc. One thing I know...I don't want to fug up my liver. I did a little research and it seems taking this stuff with Tylenol is bad ju-ju. But Aspirin is okay. But some of this stuff already has Aspirin in it. Oh well.

Newbomb Turk
12/2/2006, 02:39 PM
I think you should take the loritab with whiskey shots...but I'm not a doctor. ;)

PhilTLL
12/2/2006, 02:39 PM
(Disclaimer: Amateur basic pharmacology knowledge, wait for OUDoc or similar to confirm)

The numbers are 7.5 mg of hydrocodone (the Schedule II stuff) and 500 mg of acetaminophen, the same as 1 "maximum-strength" over-the-counter Tylenol or store-brand. You should be okay with taking aspirin after a dose of acetaminophen, but for your liver's sake you probably shouldn't take more than a regular dose, or needless to say, have any alcohol with the whole combo. Regrettably, if you're in pain bad enough that it fights through 30-40 mg of hydrocodone, aspirin probably won't do much (especially for nerve pain). Good luck, though many a battle with my own back nerves taught me the uselessness of such a sentiment. :(

Jerk
12/2/2006, 02:41 PM
ok thanks Phil.

I'm thinking that cutting my foot off with a hacksaw would make it better.

Newbomb Turk
12/2/2006, 02:42 PM
This medication can cause side effects that may impair your thinking...

this explains some of your posts. :D

Jerk
12/2/2006, 02:44 PM
heh....oh wait! You arse!

Newbomb Turk
12/2/2006, 02:46 PM
seriously - good luck with the back. I know it sucks big time - especially when the pain goes all the way to your foot.

Jerk
12/2/2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks!

OUinFLA
12/2/2006, 02:55 PM
ok thanks Phil.

I'm thinking that cutting my foot off with a hacksaw would make it better.

Dean can help you out with that.

Okieflyer
12/2/2006, 03:07 PM
There should be Meth Labs still available. Check on that.

birddog
12/2/2006, 04:09 PM
do not exceed more than 4,000 mg of acetimanophen.

if you have 750's that means you can't take more than 5.5 pills over a 24 hr. period. and be extra careful if you drink alcohol.

DoubleDown
12/2/2006, 04:10 PM
Have you asked your doctor for anything stronger? Reason I ask is I was going through the same thing, the pain all the way to the foot, when I had a herniated disc. I was popping Lortabs like they were Tic-Tacs and started really getting concerned I was going to get hooked on the things. So I told by Doc about my concerns and he gave me Percocet. I'm telling you, one of those things a day did the job.

BTW, stay clear of surgery. I had a Lamenectomy to try and relieve the pain and it didn't do jack-squat. That was 4 years ago and I still have the same pain.

WILBURJIM
12/2/2006, 05:07 PM
Did you ever try Ibuprofun? That usually works for me. I had the sciatic nerve problem bad about 15 years ago and the doctor prescribe Ibuprofun and Soma compound. Worked great.

slickdawg
12/2/2006, 05:10 PM
GO check into a methadone clinic for a week, you won't care about your foot.

BajaOklahoma
12/2/2006, 05:49 PM
Have you tried ice and heat?
I wasn't a beleiver in ice until I hurt the rotator cuff, which turned out to be from the cervical discs. Ice, twenty minutes on and twenty minutes off.
If that doesn't work after a couple of hours, try heat for the same schedule.

Jerk
12/2/2006, 06:03 PM
Trying heat now. Seems to be working.

I tried ice a few days ago and it didn't work as well.

StoopTroup
12/2/2006, 06:41 PM
Ice can be good initially.

The heat will imflame it more than likely but it will make it feel better.

Rest is what helps the most.

If it's spasm...you need a muscle relaxer / anti-inflammatory more than likely....

If two 7.5 / 500 mg Loritabs at once don't help, you probably are going to need to see a doctor soon. I've had to take 2 at a time per the Doctor every 4-6 hours for severe pain. You don't want to do it all the time...just when your hurting severely...like in a fetal position crying for your mommy....lol.

Be careful though and Monday let your Doctor know the kinds of problems your having.

StoopTroup
12/2/2006, 06:48 PM
Did you ever try Ibuprofun? That usually works for me. I had the sciatic nerve problem bad about 15 years ago and the doctor prescribe Ibuprofun and Soma compound. Worked great.

Soma = near coma for me. They work though. Flexeril knocks me out. Skelaxtin is middle of the road for me.

I've been told you can take some advil an hour or two after the Loritab if it's not working well. I'd ask your Doctor though.

Newbomb Turk
12/2/2006, 06:50 PM
alternating ice and heat worked for me.

Also, stretching my back. What worked for me was to arch my back. Lay on the floor - face down. Push you upper body up, leaving your lower body on the floor. Hold for 10 seconds or so. Success with this stretch probably depends on exactly where the nerve is pinched.

Newbomb Turk
12/2/2006, 06:51 PM
Flexeril knocks me out.

I've had that stuff. It's great - if you want to sleep for 12 hours.

StoopTroup
12/2/2006, 07:11 PM
Jerk needs a Doctor...

Sumbeehatches are always playing golf....;)

http://www.whatacharacter.com/g-o/g0405038.jpg

birddog
12/2/2006, 07:17 PM
seriuosly, just stay within 4,000 mg's of tylenol/aspirin/acetaminophen and you're good.

they do make 10 mg codeine/ 325 mg's tylenol. they worked great for me. if you're going to stay on them ask your dr. to get you something with less tylenol.

StoopTroup
12/2/2006, 07:21 PM
Also there is Tylox, Demerol and oxycotin in pill form. :D

the_ouskull
12/2/2006, 11:22 PM
I'm not gonna lie... 2 Lortabs is recreational use, insofar as my knees go. I'd say do those, and then drink as much as you'd normally drink while watching the game. If that affects you adversely, at least you'll be at home and near bed.

the_ouskull

Post Script / Disclaimer: I am not, and in no way pretend to be, a doctor. I am simply a guy that's taken a lot of pills. However, compared to most human beings, my tolerance for alcohol and narcotics is simply unfair. Do NOT do the things I suggest without your doctor's permission... or at least a REALLY good reason...

StoopTroup
12/3/2006, 01:15 AM
I hope Jerk is still alive.

whatsername
12/3/2006, 09:23 AM
Lortabs don't work for me. They make me dizzy & loopy and I have weird dreams, but it doesn't knock the pain. You might ask your doc for something else.

Jerk
12/3/2006, 09:32 AM
I hope Jerk is still alive.

I'm still here.

I had to take 2 last night after the game...going over the recommendations.

Damn I had to. But I'm feeling alot better today. Alot better.