PDA

View Full Version : So, we're the home team tonight, right?

bri
12/2/2006, 01:29 PM
Game in a North city = South champs are designated home team, correct?

Gotta pick a jersey for tonight. :D

GottaHavePride
12/2/2006, 01:32 PM
Yes, the game is listed as Nebraska AT Oklahoma, so we're the home team.

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2006, 01:46 PM
Game in a North city = South champs are designated home team, correct?

Gotta pick a jersey for tonight. :D

Dude, we're not a true home team tonight. Wear the one you did last week.:cool:

Flagstaffsooner
12/2/2006, 01:55 PM
Who's doing the game for abc.

OklaPony
12/2/2006, 01:59 PM
It hardly matters for me. Just the fact that it's on ABC means that it won't be on Cox HD service, dammit! I wish those fokkers at KOCO and ABC and Cox, etc., etc. would get their collective sh!t together.

Okay, we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Boomer Sooner

kingswitz
12/2/2006, 02:05 PM
Please no Brent Crustburger!:(

bri
12/2/2006, 02:06 PM
Probably Musberger and Davies. Herbie's staying in Bristol today, I think.

Blues1
12/2/2006, 02:42 PM
What we DON'T want is ucla & usc going into 3 or 4 overtimes --- Chances are very slim - but I don't trust abc they would never leave usc....
Everybody get Rockin'

49r
12/2/2006, 03:23 PM
:les: IT'S A NEUTRAL SITE...WEAR THE STRIPEY ONE!!!!

Fraggle145
12/2/2006, 03:26 PM
We are at Home. I am going with the Home regalia today... However if you have neutral site regalia then wear that!

FlatheadSooner
12/2/2006, 03:44 PM
I thought I heard on Big 12 Champ program today that both teams would be wearing Red but that Oklahoma would be the home team. :confused:

AllAboutThe'O'
12/2/2006, 03:44 PM
Mike Patrick and Todd Blackledge, the ESPN Saturday night team. Originally, it was to have been Musburger and Davie, but they've been sent to do the USC-UCLA game, BCS title game ramifications and all.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/2/2006, 03:45 PM
I thought I heard on Big 12 Champ program today that both teams would be wearing Red but that Oklahoma would be the home team. :confused:
We've worn red the other times we've played in KC, in 2000, 2003 and 2004. We wore white in the 2002 game vs. Colorado at Houston since it was in a South city.

Blues1
12/2/2006, 03:46 PM

That would be a Fiirst....!!! -- ??

OK2LA
12/2/2006, 05:09 PM

OFF SUBJECT:

I heard on the radion this morning (los angeles) that next year when usc/ucla play in the coliseum that usc wanted ucla to wear thier "BLUE" uni's (like they have on today) [Both teams wearing home uni's - in recognition of ucla playing many of their home games at the coliseum for many years - trying to bring back the "rivalry aspect" of this game. (their streaks are worse than us/tejas) I think that usc is going for 8 in a row against ucla today - which was followed by a ucla 8 year streak) I also heard that both teams might have to give up a time-out each in order to do this???? :confused:

OK - carry on.

handcrafted
12/2/2006, 05:19 PM
IIR, the "away white jersey" is an NCAA rule. Teams can't choose not to do it like in the NFL.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/2/2006, 06:25 PM
OFF SUBJECT:

I heard on the radion this morning (los angeles) that next year when usc/ucla play in the coliseum that usc wanted ucla to wear thier "BLUE" uni's (like they have on today) [Both teams wearing home uni's - in recognition of ucla playing many of their home games at the coliseum for many years - trying to bring back the "rivalry aspect" of this game. (their streaks are worse than us/tejas) I think that usc is going for 8 in a row against ucla today - which was followed by a ucla 8 year streak) I also heard that both teams might have to give up a time-out each in order to do this???? :confused:

OK - carry on.
That was cool back in the day when USC and UCLA both wore their home jerseys when they played one another. I wish the NCAA would reconsider.