PDA

View Full Version : What percentage of your OU voodoo clothing you wearing today?

The Ensuing Kickoff
12/2/2006, 11:14 AM
This game merits a high percentage, but not national title game kind of stuff. On my body right now:

-My old Bud Wilkinson t-shirt
-The shoes I wore to the 2000 National Title game OB
-My lucky leather braided belt (went out of style in 1992, worn now only for OU voodoo)

My lucky gameday hat will of course be making appearances throughout the day, also worn to the 2000/01 OB.

Remaining in the closet today are:

-My Barry Switzer shiny coaches jacket
-My Josh Heupel jersey

The mojo therein must remain undisturbed until the next national title game appearance, so as not to annoy the gods.

Too much? Too thin?

sooner518
12/2/2006, 11:17 AM
Alot of my OU gear was cursed in Miami at the Game of which we do not speak.

However, Ive got my bright crimson Sooners shirt on and 9 year old hat that has mysteriously outlived 2 other hats that fell apart before my OU hat. I think that thing has magical powers. It just wont die and will be giving those powers to OU all the way from Denver tonight

geez the way Im babbling makes it sounds like I never stopped drinking last night.

JohnnyMack
12/2/2006, 11:18 AM
None.

I've reversed course since the Saxet loss. I used to make sure I had all the right stuff on, now I just roll into the living room wearing whatever. Last week against aggie lite I didn't even wear an OU shirt, I think I had on an Old Navy t-shirt.

Also, since the Saxet loss I've left my OU flag up outside non-stop. I used to take it down after each game and then put it back up for the next game.

Both things seem to be working.

OKLA21FAN
12/2/2006, 11:23 AM
none either

this team doesn't need any of my mojo!

jrsooner
12/2/2006, 11:24 AM
100% of my normal game day gear.

The thing that bothers me the most. Is my "voodoo" clothing is probably not going to do any good. The biggest sooner fan in my household (besides me) is very sick today. My 4 year old daughter is always up and excited for the games, but today she is still in bed sick. Hope that's not going to be indictive of what type of Offense and Defense shows up tonight.

noobalicious
12/2/2006, 11:25 AM
The several items that I started wearing versus Iowa State when we started this big winning streak.

Boomer Sooner!

green owl
12/2/2006, 11:25 AM
And my wife thought I was crazy.....thanks for this thread, now she knows I'm not the only one.

I start out each year by purchasing a new GameDay shirt. It's been in the closet since Texass, I broke out my 1997 OU sweatshirt after Texass, it has National Championship Karma in it. That and my lucky boxers of course. I will not be changing anything.

soonersweetie
12/2/2006, 02:51 PM
I used to wear my jersey every game day, however after tx, I decided one saturday that my old ratty OU tshirt from several years past was good enough, and so far it has been.

However, flags will go up and Pride CD will be played as always.

And no, we Sooner fans are not crazy, just.....passionate :D

Boomer Sooner!

Fraggle145
12/2/2006, 03:22 PM
Alot of my OU gear was cursed in Miami at the Game of which we do not speak....

Mine as well unfortunately... It was then that I learned never to change something for a new piece of gear at the end of the season to try to break it in and get it big game experience... My boxers had to die three times... Miami, TX last year and TX this year... This make me the most sad as I had them on when I was in Miami in 2000. :(

My new agenda is to adapt my facial hair at the start of the new season, and no matter what happens I cant change it (found out changing after a loss was no good... see TCU). So I know have my handlebar "Hulk Hogan" 'stache. Got last years gameday nike polo (away colors) at the begining of this year and wear it for home games (I decided to use reverse mojo this year since our mojo before the season was so bad, I think that I am going to try to get this years gameday polo at the start of next year).

For away games I wear the O'Connells game day shirt. My friend also does this except he has this years gameday shirt (home colors). I wear a new hat that I got (my old one died) for home games (crimson). My friend wears his also (white) for home games. For away games the hat is just my old reliable hat (non-ou).

And I have to crack my 1st beer at least 2 hours before gametime, even in the mornings. If I am hungover from the night before then I add more crimson, by making it a red beer. I also put my flags on the car even if it just sits in the parking lot all day.

And yes all of this stuff matters, its doing the best we can for the team!!

Cheer like a champion today baby!

:pop:

DrZaius
12/2/2006, 03:52 PM
I will be nothing but a smile just as I have for all sooner games.

though I did get some strange looks when I went to a sports bar!

Crucifax Autumn
12/2/2006, 06:31 PM
My son and I are both all decked out in rimson and so is my beer.