PDA

View Full Version : What kind of feel do you have for this game?

william_brasky
12/2/2006, 04:50 AM
It's been kinda low key this week.

If we get to Taylor on D, I think we'll be OK as long as we're tackling the run plays.

On O, I think PT's gonna have to make some plays with the arm. Corn will be looking to stuff the run.

I think it's gonna be a close one.

Close Prediction
OU 21
NU 17

Brasky Special
OU 38
NU 3

boomersooner28
12/2/2006, 08:05 AM
Good guys by a field goal in a low scoring defensive affair.

OU - 17

Nebbish - 14

Rogue
12/2/2006, 08:11 AM
Is the Bugeater defense that good? I'd like to see us hit their QB early and often, jam the receivers at the line, and play some aggressive defense. Can you still call it the "west coast offense" in Lincoln, NE (or in Kansas City for that matter) ?

MamaMia
12/2/2006, 08:59 AM
I'm concerned. Its like a home game for them. They're only about three hours away and they scarfed up most of the seats, so that may be a disadvantage for our offense. Paul said that hes usually under an electric blanket during that kind of weather, and even admitted that the weather will play a part. The huskers practice in this all the time.

I know we're the better team and believe we will overcome these things to win the game. :)

93sooner
12/2/2006, 09:08 AM
Feels Pretty cold and lonely this morning in the Arrowhead RV lot. From my coffee walkabout there were 47 Huskers and 2 sooners. Hope that's not representative of the game tonight.

The reason is that after you graduate from NU, do you know where the best place to live in Nebraska is? Missouri.

27-20 and a trip to the "warm" Fiesta Bowl

Texass Sucks!!!

Al Gore
12/2/2006, 09:08 AM
I think we whup them......not close....

Blues1
12/2/2006, 09:09 AM
Oklahoma 39
Neb 16

Still R'

jrsooner
12/2/2006, 09:09 AM
I'm concerned.
I know we're the better team and believe we will overcome these things to win the game. :)
I agree with OUSAE. I'm concerned. It's going to be a close game, and I'm hoping that we didn't use up all the Sooner Magic to help TX Aggies win and the Pukes to lose.

That being said, I'm in for high blood pressure tonight, and my wife's banned anyone from coming over to watch the game tonight. Luckily I have Soonerfans.com to release my frustrations. I'm pulling for us, but not seeing the huskers play this year, I'm concerned. I'll have the tostitos and the cheese dip for the fiesta bowl during the game. I'll eat them instead of throw them onto the field. :)

Al Gore
12/2/2006, 09:11 AM
BTW......we went out to dinner last night and there are plenty of Sooner fans staying in Topeka....most of them did not have any problems driving up.....

Texas Golfer
12/2/2006, 09:13 AM
I'd feel more comfortable if it were being played in a true neutral environment.

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2006, 09:19 AM
We are going to run all over them......

noobalicious
12/2/2006, 10:16 AM
I have the feeling that we won't just coast to victory. Nothing has seemed to come easy this year, except against Middle Tennessee State, but I don't really count that game. Even when we pretty much dominated the opponent (like at Mizzou or at Baylor), the score didn't show it in the end.

I think Nebraska will look hot to start. It seems like everyone does. They'll drive right down the field on a methodical drive. I remember this because I always recall saying "Oh SH*&" in the first few minutes.

Our O will make its plays. We'll score our points. I'm thinking we'll have the lead around halftime or in the early 3rd quarter. The question is whether or not we can finally put a team away or we'll have to rely on things falling our way in a thrilling finish. Since we haven't really put a team away yet...I'm a bit skeptical we'll do it now against a quality opponent.

Scoreline will probably look something like this...

1 2 3 4 T

OU 7 14 7 7 35
NU 7 7 14 3 31

Our D will probably need to make a couple of big plays. Not necessarily turnovers, but big pass breakups...or stops on 3rd or 4th and short.

I have a feeling we are more talented than Nebraska, Texass probably is too. But look at how close they played Texass. That has me concerned. So in all likelihood we SHOULD win. But it will be tougher than some expect.

RRWSooner
12/2/2006, 10:35 AM
I have a feeling this game could go either way. I don't feel that the crowd will make that much difference. You gotta admit their offense is a tad more productive than ours, but our D is definitely better than theirs. They are going to have a hard time shutting down our running game.

I agree with the comment above. Thompson is going to have to put it in the air and often, and take advantage of Malcom Kelly who I believe is EXTREMELY talented.

And Stoops is >>>> Callahan. Callahan is no Osbourne. We have the edge, we SHOULD win. But it could easily go the other way depending how many times we cough the ball up.

And did you see that lateral they pulled on Texas? That scared the h ell out of me. I hope they don't pull that crap on us.

OU-21
NU-17

in another nail biter...

BOOMER SOONER

JLMSOONER
12/2/2006, 10:49 AM
They played texas close and should have one,but they folded. But the Losur's beat em. So, it could go either way. Our D will have to step up and play a good game. Eliminate Taylor and were good. I'm not sure their D is that great. If the O can make some plays, we'll be good. We seem to get tricked though and they like to pull them. So, that is the X factor to me. If it is close late and they do a sneaky on us, then I don't know. I bet we get some good rushing yards I just hope we don't clam up. With the cold and all, I don't see us throwing alot unless we are behind.

King Crimson
12/2/2006, 10:56 AM
i bet we need to score 30 to win. and take care of the m'fuggin ball.

ENA needs to throw it on downs other than 3rd an 8. we have the receivers to do it.

aurorasooner
12/2/2006, 10:59 AM
if our players let the weather get to them like I believe they did when kansas state shocked us, then we're done. they just have to forget about the elements, and play smash mouth smart football, and hold on to the ball. I believe calleyhand will bring the house, use every trick play, and use every dirty trick. that's his raider style. the corn defense will try and confuse PT and if KW and bob try and play this game conservative (with no offensive shifts and not throwing to our tight ends) and we're being stuffed between the tackles for 3 and outs, they'd better throw the gameplan out and attack. if our blitzes are not working, and taylor is reading them and finding the open man, then we need to make their receivers pay and pay hard with big hits and we need to get some turnovers. jmho, but with this cold weather in an outdoor venue, I think there is going to be some turnovers, so whichever team wins will be the one that takes the ball to the house when in the open filed, and coverts the TOs into points. I would love to see use put up the long drives and keep the husker offense off the field, but I'm skeptical of us doing this with the run game only, especially if we're only throwing on 3rd down. unless there's an inordinate amount of TOs one-way, crooked officiating, or injuries to key players, this game will be won by the coaching staff who wins the chess match.

sendbaht
12/2/2006, 11:02 AM
This I feel is one game OU will shine... just my gut.... OU will win by 20....

royalfan5
12/2/2006, 11:10 AM
I'm concerned. Its like a home game for them. They're only about three hours away and they scarfed up most of the seats, so that may be a disadvantage for our offense. Paul said that hes usually under an electric blanket during that kind of weather, and even admitted that the weather will play a part. The huskers practice in this all the time.

NU hasn't practiced in this weather all the time this year. It has been a very warm fall all things considered, and Oklahoma has gotten way more snow than we have so far. It's not going to be that big of an advantage for NU if any at all.

opksooner
12/2/2006, 11:34 AM
As they said at the hanging of the 4' 9'' Japanese fellow: "There's a little nip in the air" (http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USMO0460?from=search)

OU by 15.

SoonerGM
12/2/2006, 12:43 PM
i am a bit concerned as well... i have no doubts that we are the better team by far. however the weather is a variable. obviously it will effect both teams, but its one of those things that could go either way. also, has anyone seen the field? i was watching the news last night and they were interviewing one of the caretakers... he said the field is pretty dry and it will be ready to play on, but then it show him testing the grass with is foot.. it looked great until his foot touched the ground and sunk about an inch. then he picked his foot up and the grass came right up... that field is a joke when its dry, let alone when its wet.. like i said, you never know who is going to be more affected by that.

but, i think the sooners have been battle tested more this season(almost every game!) and therefore we have the tougher team. OU by 7.

bigdsooner
12/2/2006, 12:50 PM
my homerism score
ou-31
nu-17

if we drop the pig a couple times
ou-24
nu-21

SoonerLB
12/2/2006, 01:27 PM
I'm thinkin' we win in a squeaker. With our tendancy to go conservative once we get any kind of lead, it could be a real nail biter.
Would I like to see us blow them out? No, I wouldn't like it, I would LOVE IT!!!

Blues1
12/2/2006, 02:19 PM
I'm thinkin' we win in a squeaker. With our tendancy to go conservative once we get any kind of lead, it could be a real nail biter.
Would I like to see us blow them out? No, I wouldn't like it, I would LOVE IT!!!

I'm thinking Coach Stoops also see's our tendancy's - or the coaching staff Tendancy's - Yes I'm concern our latest few game approach's could come back and bite us in the A$$ - But also feel like IF the Sooners really want this game - we will play lites out and Crush the Huskers....

OU 39
NU 16

Lets Rock....!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
12/2/2006, 03:00 PM
OU in a rout. Woot! I cannot WAIT!

ouwasp
12/2/2006, 04:09 PM
My guess is this game will be like virtually every other game over the last 2 seasons; OU up by 5 late and the opponents driving. Sound familiar?

Sooners 24
Huskerbillies 19

OTOH maybe destiny has smiled on OU enough that the Sooners enjoy a semi-comfortable 28-14 victory, with Gresham emerging as a surprise secret weapon. :)