PDA

View Full Version : Missourii ABC Affiliate Reports Many OU Fans selling Tickets to NU Fans

SoonerShark
12/1/2006, 11:43 PM
The local ABC affiliate in Missouri reported that OU fans sold many tickets Thursday and Friday to NU fans due to weather making the trip to KC too much of a risk for some of the fans who received tickets Wednesday. Many local hotels also reported cancelled reservations from Oklahomans, just days after Texans cancelled their reservations. I hope there are more than 20 Sooner fans in my section Saturday night.

I don't think I would sell my tickets to fans of the other team EVER. In 2002, I was in the OU section at the Final Four in Atlanta. You had to pick up your tickets in person in Atlanta, which means the fans from OU were there. At the game that night, Indiana fans were in my strictly Sooner section. They have more organized chants so the dozens of IU fans were actually more effective than the OU fans as to making noise. But I was so hacked off that I swore I would never give aid and comfort to the enemy. Earlier during the season when we played and blew out eventual NCAA basketball champion Maryland in Norman, a large contingent of osu fans wearing orange had prime seats at the game and they cheered for Maryland.

sooneron
12/2/2006, 12:01 AM
I guess we have some real nervous nellies when it comes to weather. :rolleyes:

King Crimson
12/2/2006, 12:06 AM
Earlier during the season when we played and blew out eventual NCAA basketball champion Maryland in Norman, a large contingent of osu fans wearing orange had prime seats at the game and they cheered for Maryland.

I was at that game and there were about 5 neon Orange Pokes in LE3. and they left early after running their mouths for most of the game.

OklahomaTuba
12/2/2006, 12:06 AM
Well, it would help if the state of Oklahoma could clear a ****ing road worth a damn.

The roads are a damn mess, and our DOT is just pathetic.

King Crimson
12/2/2006, 12:08 AM
I don't think I would sell my tickets to fans of the other team EVER. In 2002, I was in the OU section at the Final Four in Atlanta. You had to pick up your tickets in person in Atlanta, which means the fans from OU were there. At the game that night, Indiana fans were in my strictly Sooner section. They have more organized chants so the dozens of IU fans were actually more effective than the OU fans as to making noise. .

The KU fans openly pulling for us to lose (of course we had waxed them in the conference title game when they were #1...and they didn't want any part of us again) was the thing that stood out to me the most at that game.

****ing Kansas.

dolemitesooner
12/2/2006, 12:10 AM
The roads are ****in fine tuba ...get the **** out the house moron

colleyvillesooner
12/2/2006, 12:22 AM
The roads are ****in fine tuba ...get the **** out the house moron

If I can do it, anyone can!! ;)

Ash
12/2/2006, 12:58 AM
Any links to the story?

No offense shark, but I hope this isn't like the "Game is Rescheduled" story.

OU-HSV
12/2/2006, 09:25 AM
This news sucks. I hope they're wrong about this. Listen here fellow Soonerfans. I made the trip yesterday from Oklahoma with my wife and son and made it in fairly good time. I would assume the roads will be in better shape today. And yes it's going to be cold tonight, but that shouldn't keep us from supporting our Sooners. Get your rumps in gear and come to the game. I don't want OKC-SLC and myself to be the only Soonerfans there!!!

yur-out
12/2/2006, 09:31 AM
I don't want OKC-SLC and myself to be the only Soonerfans there!!!
Don't worry, you won't be!

OU-HSV
12/2/2006, 09:40 AM
Don't worry, you won't be!
Awesome!