PDA

View Full Version : Feel Your Pipes

jdsooner
12/1/2006, 11:05 PM
Cindy Morrison on Channel 8 Tulsa said that "you should feel your pipes" to make sure they aren't too cold. It works for me!:D

StoopTroup
12/1/2006, 11:08 PM
The pipes looked fine last I checked them....

http://www.bedinistpierre.com/images/frozen_pipes.jpg

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 11:12 PM
Heh. How cold is it down there? You shouldn't need to worry TOO much about burst pipes until it gets down to about 10 degrees.

If it is that cold and you're worried about it, leave a little trickle going and leave your cabinet doors open.

jdsooner
12/1/2006, 11:37 PM
Heh. How cold is it down there? You shouldn't need to worry TOO much about burst pipes until it gets down to about 10 degrees.

If it is that cold and you're worried about it, leave a little trickle going and leave your cabinet doors open.

So, I should open my cabinet door and let my pipe trickle?
Should I feel my pipe as it trickles?

GottaHavePride
12/1/2006, 11:45 PM
Did I say two fingers? Better make it three.

VeeJay
12/1/2006, 11:58 PM
So that's what you kids are calling it these days.

hurricane'bone
12/2/2006, 12:15 AM

Low of 7 tonight.

Frozen Sooner
12/2/2006, 12:16 AM
Well, OK then. Leave the faucets slightly open and keep the cabinet doors open.

1stTimeCaller
12/2/2006, 12:47 AM
Well, OK then. Leave the faucets slightly open and keep the cabinet doors open.

I'm assuming you want to laugh?

You guys crack me up.

Unless you've got your heat down low, you shouldn't need to leave your cabinets open or leave the water on a trickle unless you're turning the heat way down or leaving for a few days.

On a related note, anyone else see the problem with those new Buicks with heated windshield washer fluid?

Chick-well, yeah, if your pipes are on the outside of your house the heat inside the house isn't going to do much good. In that case, yes, run the water at a trickle. Leaving your cabinets open still isn't going to do much good other than giving me a giggle thinking about you running into them at night.

Sorry dude, I have a weird memory. :D

Frozen Sooner
12/2/2006, 01:41 AM
Heh. I seem to recall thinking that it was a lot warmer than 7 degrees when I posted that.

1stTimeCaller
12/2/2006, 10:21 AM
Heh. I seem to recall thinking that it was a lot warmer than 7 degrees when I posted that.

rats, I was hoping that we had dumbed you down a bit over the years. ;)

We'll keep trying. :D

Frozen Sooner
12/2/2006, 10:54 AM
rats, I was hoping that we had dumbed you down a bit over the years. ;)

We'll keep trying. :D

Well, mainly I was just trying for a cheap laugh. :D

Zbird
12/3/2006, 02:06 AM
Cindy Morrison on Channel 8 Tulsa said that "you should feel your pipes" to make sure they aren't too cold. It works for me!:D

I got mine!

Tulsa_Fireman
12/3/2006, 10:36 AM
I want Katie Green to feel my pipes.

She's a weather gal, surely she's familiar enough to know when it's about to blow.