PDA

View Full Version : I got stood up tonight

1stTimeCaller
12/1/2006, 10:55 PM
I was supposed to meet this chick and go to McAlester to PeckerHeads and listen to Brandon Jenkins tonight but it didn't happen. I've never met this girl but she's a friend of a friend and she lives in Atoka so he put us in touch.

I talked to her on the phone for about an hour last night and she invited me to go out with her and about 8 other girls for her birthday tonight. I'm also a large fan of Brandon Jenkins.

I talked to her about 6:45 as I was leaving the rig and told her that I would call her when I got to the nursing home/hotel. I called her at 7:30 and left a voicemail. I took a shower and ate and then called her back again at 8:15 but didn't leave a message.

I then texted her about 9 asking if I had been stood up. She said that they left because she hadn't heard from me by 8:30.

Whatever, I've never met her and she's probably really nice and sweet and maybe my number didn't show up both times so she didn't know that I called and maybe the voicemail got lost but I don't know.

It wasn't a hookup type thing but it still doesn't sit well with me being all dressed and no place to go, especially sitting in a nursing home all dressed up and no place to go.

What says the SO?

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 10:57 PM
You know what to do, soldier.

Find her house.

Drink a lot of water.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/1/2006, 10:58 PM
Go to the Beaver Den in Hartshorne instead.

(I have no idea what that is like but it showed up on Google)

1stTimeCaller
12/1/2006, 10:59 PM
...fall asleep and then let my subconsious take over?

[MachoMan RandySavage] OH YEAH!!![MMRS]

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 11:01 PM
...fall asleep and then let my subconsious take over?

[MachoMan RandySavage] OH YEAH!!![MMRS]

If by "...fall asleep and then let my subconscious take over" you mean "yank out my hogleg and widdle on every flat surface" then yes.

handcrafted
12/1/2006, 11:02 PM
From my point of view, the solution to that problem has always been beer and football.

Mongo
12/1/2006, 11:04 PM
Keep calling her. ALOT. Start leaving weird messages. Start drinking and continue your calling. Lay out plans you had running through your mind like marriage and the names of your three children. Get beligerent on the messages.

If she calls you back and says you are a ****ing psycho, call her a liar and that she knew your number and stood you up.

1stTimeCaller
12/1/2006, 11:06 PM
From my point of view, the solution to that problem has always been beer and football.

I've got the beer. That's why I didn't drive up ther to meet them. I'm on #4 and I'm not getting another DUI.

Anyhoo, llike I said, I have the beer but will StarWars and the SO suffice for football tonight and tonight only?

jdsooner
12/1/2006, 11:06 PM
You should not mess with women from Atoka. Take out a girl from Krebs. Krebian women are awesome.

1stTimeCaller
12/1/2006, 11:08 PM
Keep calling her. ALOT. Start leaving weird messages. Start drinking and continue your calling. Lay out plans you had running through your mind like marriage and the names of your three children. Get beligerent on the messages.

If she calls you back and says you are a ****ing psycho, call her a liar and that she knew your number and stood you up.

Niiiiiiice. I need to get cracking on these beers. Should I call her when I get up at 4:30? Every morning for at least the next two weeks?

Mongo
12/1/2006, 11:10 PM
Niiiiiiice. I need to get cracking on these beers. Should I call her when I get up at 4:30? Every morning for at least the next two weeks?

No, do it all tonight. Leave like twenty messages. You need closure on this relationship so you can move on to the next.

VeeJay
12/1/2006, 11:50 PM
Maybe she was unsure about going on a blind date with a dude to a place called Peckerheads.

OUinFLA
12/1/2006, 11:56 PM
I suspect she found out that you lost out to Howzit in last nights popularity contest.
Maybe she went out with him?

sanantoniosooner
Drop her a Helander note.

1stTimeCaller
I doubt it. She called me first and she invited me. It wasn't a hookup situation. Just friends. Anyhoo, she messed up.

1stTimeCaller
12/1/2006, 11:59 PM
I suspect she found out that you lost out to Howzit in last nights popularity contest.
Maybe she went out with him?

that motherfugger. I should've known when he was hitting on my Bonnie that night at Firewater.

he's dead to me.

proud gonzo
12/1/2006, 11:59 PM
Wait, are you still in Atoka? My aunt lives there.

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2006, 12:00 AM
Love Connection?

1stTimeCaller
12/2/2006, 12:03 AM

Yes, Ma'am. I'll be here until Christmas. Maybe less maybe more.

sanantoniosooner
12/2/2006, 12:07 AM
1TC......you know how you make Auntie freeze?

you hide her nightey.

GET IT? You HIDE her NIGHTEY!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

proud gonzo
12/2/2006, 12:12 AM
well, she's not married but she's 60 and has about 7 grandkids

1stTimeCaller
12/2/2006, 12:12 AM
bah dum dum chi!!!

I do know two other people in this town. Norm's old neighbor Joe and his hawt wife and a girl from my hometown married a guy from Atoka and lives here now. Norm's old neighbor's dad owns one bank and the girl from my hometown is married to the guy who's family owns the other.

I guess I could call one of them but with tham being married with kids and me being oilfield trash, I should probably stay holed up in the nursing home.

*edit* that may be confusing, I know Norm's old neighbors, Joe and NAtilie and then Stephanie from my hometown and her hussband, Charles.

proud gonzo
12/2/2006, 12:13 AM
Yes, Ma'am. I'll be here until Christmas. Maybe less maybe more.well cool. my mom had thought about going down there to visit sometime in the next couple of weeks and if she went I was going to go too. I don't think we'll end up going, but if we do I'll say hi

King Crimson
12/2/2006, 12:15 AM

to quote the late great Lightnin' Hopkins: "she may be old, she may have years....but she ain't to old to shift them gears...."

sorry.

soonerboomer93
12/2/2006, 12:47 AM
You know what to do, soldier.

Find her house.

Drink a lot of water.

ymssr....

Widescreen
12/2/2006, 01:11 AM
It wasn't a hookup type thing but it still doesn't sit well with me being all dressed and no place to go, especially sitting in a nursing home all dressed up and no place to go.
Senior citizens are generally unreliable. You should probably consider dating someone closer to your own age. :mack:

olevetonahill
12/2/2006, 01:43 AM
I've got the beer. That's why I didn't drive up ther to meet them. I'm on #4 and I'm not getting another DUI.

Anyhoo, llike I said, I have the beer but will StarWars and the SO suffice for football tonight and tonight only?
Nothing will take the place of Football
ya dumasz !:eek:

olevetonahill
12/2/2006, 01:47 AM
Is she HAWT ?
Pics ?;)

olevetonahill
12/2/2006, 01:48 AM
bah dum dum chi!!!

I do know two other people in this town. Norm's old neighbor Joe and his hawt wife and a girl from my hometown married a guy from Atoka and lives here now. Norm's old neighbor's dad owns one bank and the girl from my hometown is married to the guy who's family owns the other.

I guess I could call one of them but with tham being married with kids and me being oilfield trash, I should probably stay holed up in the nursing home.

*edit* that may be confusing, I know Norm's old neighbors, Joe and NAtilie and then Stephanie from my hometown and her hussband, Charles.
Follow the MONEY carpet guy !:D

olevetonahill
12/2/2006, 01:51 AM
Senior citizens are generally unreliable. You should probably consider dating someone closer to your own age. :mack:
easy there BOY this ole man Is very reliable :P

Ike
12/2/2006, 02:02 AM
Drop her a Helander note.
I think this is the best suggestion of the day. Text a Helander note to her.

soonerbrat
12/2/2006, 02:02 AM
I was supposed to meet this chick and go to McAlester to PeckerHeads and listen to Brandon Jenkins tonight but it didn't happen. I've never met this girl but she's a friend of a friend and she lives in Atoka so he put us in touch.

I talked to her on the phone for about an hour last night and she invited me to go out with her and about 8 other girls for her birthday tonight. I'm also a large fan of Brandon Jenkins.

I talked to her about 6:45 as I was leaving the rig and told her that I would call her when I got to the nursing home/hotel. I called her at 7:30 and left a voicemail. I took a shower and ate and then called her back again at 8:15 but didn't leave a message.

I then texted her about 9 asking if I had been stood up. She said that they left because she hadn't heard from me by 8:30.

Whatever, I've never met her and she's probably really nice and sweet and maybe my number didn't show up both times so she didn't know that I called and maybe the voicemail got lost but I don't know.

What says the SO?

you're cheating on me? oh man..we are so over.

royalfan5
12/2/2006, 02:27 AM
At least you didn't spring for tickets to Branson

soonerbrat
12/2/2006, 02:27 AM
and a bottle of champagne

olevetonahill
12/2/2006, 02:56 AM
and a bottle of zima :eek: :eek:
fixed

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2006, 02:58 AM

What says the SO?

Welcome to my world!

olevetonahill
12/2/2006, 03:01 AM
Welcome to my world!
Knew the zima reference would draw you ! :P

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2006, 03:02 AM
My night has been almost as bad.

I got off the phone about an hour ago with my ex-girlfriend who, I admit, I still love very much. Anyway, she was going over to her new boyfriends house earlier tonight to cook dinner. I tell her, "well be careful when you go home tonight I hear the roads up there are still slick and dangerous" and then she says, "Uhm SicEm....I'm not coming home tonight."

Damned it all to hell. I have like a 1/4 bottle of Jack in my fridge that has been there since June..you think it's still okay to drink? Come on over 1TC, it sounds like you could use a drink yourself.

olevetonahill
12/2/2006, 03:05 AM

I got off the phone about an hour ago with my ex-girlfriend who, I admit, I still love very much. Anyway, she was going over to her new boyfriends house earlier tonight to cook dinner. I tell her, "well be careful when go come home tonight I hear the roads up there are still slick and dangerous" and then she says, "Uhm SicEm....I'm not coming home tonight."

Damned it all to hell. I have like a 1/4 bottle of Jack in my fridge that has been there since June..you think it's still okay to drink? Come on over 1TC, it sounds like you could use a drink yourself.
1/4 jack aint enough to sweet talk me ! get you a 1/2 gal of good shine and I might flirt with you !:eek:

royalfan5
12/2/2006, 03:07 AM

I got off the phone about an hour ago with my ex-girlfriend who, I admit, I still love very much. Anyway, she was going over to her new boyfriends house earlier tonight to cook dinner. I tell her, "well be careful when go come home tonight I hear the roads up there are still slick and dangerous" and then she says, "Uhm SicEm....I'm not coming home tonight."

A)Jack doesn't go bad
B)You can do better than that girl

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2006, 03:12 AM
A)Jack doesn't go bad
B)You can do better than that girl

I'm giving you spek for A)because I called up one of my bestfriends to ask him if this Jack was bad and the only thing he'd say was, "WTF are you doing putting Jack in the fridge?"

n/m I've given it to you too much.

King Crimson
12/2/2006, 03:26 AM
i know it hurts like hell for this girl, you have to take her off the list. and get on with your life. you will have sex and be in love with other girls in the future at precisely the moment you allow yourself to do so.

that's life, and being a man. there ARE other girls...a lot of them,

olevetonahill
12/2/2006, 03:37 AM
KC you lost him at being at " being a Man " :eek:

Ike
12/2/2006, 03:41 AM
Sic Em, your problems are too numerous to list.

but in this case, it all started when you spoke on the phone to your ex. This is something that should never be done. Unless she has custody of your kids.

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2006, 03:42 AM
I'm eating fritos and enjoying my jack now. It's all good.

And I was only upset because I kind of like the guy and know what the hell he's
about to go through tonight. :D

She made fun of me worse than the SO ever could have for that whole Branson ordeal.

olevetonahill
12/2/2006, 05:19 AM
Fritos ? and Jack
Thats just Jacked up ! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
No chick can ever drive me down that bad :twinkies:

afs
12/2/2006, 06:58 AM

I got off the phone about an hour ago with my ex-girlfriend who, I admit, I still love very much. Anyway, she was going over to her new boyfriends house earlier tonight to cook dinner. I tell her, "well be careful when you go home tonight I hear the roads up there are still slick and dangerous" and then she says, "Uhm SicEm....I'm not coming home tonight."

let go. stop talking to ex-girlfriends. give it up. move on.

dolemitesooner
12/2/2006, 07:47 AM
that motherfugger. I should've known when he was hitting on my Bonnie that night at Firewater.

he's dead to me.
Firewater huh...I love that place all the hawt Gilf's are on my nuts when I walk in there

Jerk
12/2/2006, 08:06 AM
You shoulda told her how much $bling$ you're making in the oil field. A girl from Atoka holding down a shift at the local Dairy Queen would be impressed....like, rip her panties off quick impressed.

1stTimeCaller
12/2/2006, 08:09 AM
I'm thinking about getting some gold teef that way da girlz will know how much bling I be gettin when they first meet me.

Or tinfoil, I haven't decided.

Jerk
12/2/2006, 08:29 AM
I'm thinking about getting some gold teef that way da girlz will know how much bling I be gettin when they first meet me.

Or tinfoil, I haven't decided.

Nothin' wrong with dat. Womenz who's hot and knows it, like to flaunt their bodies. Ain't nothin wrong with dah mthrfkn breadwinnah showin dem bitches who their sugar daddy is.

OUinFLA
12/2/2006, 08:43 AM

:mad: you may be permabanned from the old guys clique before you even qualify!

of course by that time, we'll probably forget.

OUinFLA
12/2/2006, 08:48 AM
I'm eating fritos and enjoying my jack now. It's all good.

And another rockin Friday night in Waco has been planned.

swardboy
12/2/2006, 09:03 AM
"South Oval" should be on the big screen, really......

dolemitesooner
12/2/2006, 10:01 AM
Yes it should and I should be its ****ing star

1stTimeCaller
12/2/2006, 10:05 AM
Yes it should and I should be its fluffer

I agree

dolemitesooner
12/2/2006, 10:07 AM
I agree
YOu mean I get to suck you off?
:D

in

Frozen Sooner
12/2/2006, 10:59 AM
SicEm, I'm going to give you the ontological argument as to why you need to write the ex off.

You are not in love with her. You are in love with your idea of her.

How can I say this?

Because you can only be in love with someone who is in love with you, unless you are engaging in self-loathing.

Because you have your idea of her confused with the actual human being-who does not love you-you will eventually move into self-loathing when you realize that the real girl does not love you.

Get the f away from her.

Beef
12/2/2006, 11:12 AM
If you don't ask broads out, you won't get stood up. Pick them up at the bar instead. Your welcome.

OUinFLA
12/2/2006, 11:32 AM
If you don't ask broads out, you won't get stood up. Pick them up at the bar instead. Your welcome.

And ask their price in advance so there is no disagreement later.