PDA

View Full Version : Posting from I-35 N . . .

Phil
12/1/2006, 07:50 PM
somewhere between Emporia and KC. Despite yesterday's blizzard and the fact that it's hovering right around 20 degrees outside, travel conditions have been great. The interstate has been clear and bone dry the whole way.

As you might imagine, the road is full of Sooners. One guy had shoe-polished a message on his back window - 'Just say no to CORN.' Heh.

And, before you ask, I'm not driving and posting at the same time. Leslie is operating the vehicle.

Cam
12/1/2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the update Phil. You and the Mrs be careful.

noobalicious
12/1/2006, 07:53 PM
Good news, because some people are freakin out thinking this is going to be a treacherous drive.

Blues1
12/1/2006, 07:55 PM
Bring Home a Victory....!!!!

soonerboomer93
12/1/2006, 08:16 PM
Be safe and bring home victory

opksooner
12/1/2006, 08:23 PM
Phil:

I think I passed you just before you posted at 6:50pm.

Black Denali (or similar) flying two OU flags?

I was returning from Phoenix, Az in a Crimson and Cream Jetta.

westcoast_sooner
12/1/2006, 08:34 PM
Be safe Phil. Keep posting more good stuff. Wish I was going to be in KC with you guys.

StoopTroup
12/1/2006, 08:43 PM
My 2 Brothers and my two Nephews should be there by now too.

They have promised to scream extra lOUd for me...

BOOMER SOONER PHIL ! ! !

Phil
12/1/2006, 10:26 PM
Phil:

I think I passed you just before you posted at 6:50pm.

Black Denali (or similar) flying two OU flags?

I was returning from Phoenix, Az in a Crimson and Cream Jetta.

Nope, that weren't us. We're driving a big ol' white Chevy pickup, although I did see the truck you're talking about. We made it into the hotel in OPK about an hour and a half ago.

MamaMia
12/1/2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks for reporting the traveling conditions. I have two daughters traveling from Norman who should be getting there in about 25 minutes. I cant seem to get them on their cell phones. I' ve heard that they have a tendency to play their music loudly.

Make noise and have a safe trip home. :)

Octavian
12/1/2006, 11:11 PM
I' ve heard that they have a tendency to play their music loudly.

oldest (and most effective) trick in the book ;)

Thanks for the update, Phil...I talked to DoLEO about an hour ago...also said they were halfway to KC and the roads were fine.

We're leavin' bright and early.

Boomer Sooner

SoonerShark
12/1/2006, 11:25 PM
I-44 was backed up at the toll plazas on Turner and Will Rogers towards Joplin. Hundreds if not thousands of folks were forced to wait beside the entrances of the turnpike. It took me 40 minutes after entry on the Turner Turnpike at Stroud to get past the toll plaza three miles away, then it was nearly full speed to Tulsa. 30 mph was sometimes required after sundown about 5:20 p.m. heading up Will Rogers. The turnpikes were closed until after 8 a.m. or so. Hwy 71 north from Joplin will wait until Saturday a.m.

SeattleOUstudent
12/1/2006, 11:30 PM
Mom...

are your daughters hot? :)

picasso
12/1/2006, 11:49 PM
I-44 was backed up at the toll plazas on Turner and Will Rogers towards Joplin. Hundreds if not thousands of folks were forced to wait beside the entrances of the turnpike. It took me 40 minutes after entry on the Turner Turnpike at Stroud to get past the toll plaza three miles away, then it was nearly full speed to Tulsa. 30 mph was sometimes required after sundown about 5:20 p.m. heading up Will Rogers. The turnpikes were closed until after 8 a.m. or so. Hwy 71 north from Joplin will wait until Saturday a.m.
yeah there was a reporter live this morning at the entrance to 44 off I-35 to Tulsa. he was saying at the time east bound was closed due to two tractor trailers jacknifed.
he said the poor lads going by had no idea and there was no way to turn around.

we're going to try our luck up 169 in the morning.

dolemitesooner
12/2/2006, 12:07 AM
I am reporting live and well from Emproia Kansas. The ****ing roads were 100% all the way from norman to here. 1-35 is 100% clear. Your a ***** if you dont come

opksooner
12/2/2006, 12:22 AM
This afternoon at 5:00pm, I-35 northbound from Emporia was restricted to one lane for a short stretch cuz the plows hadn't cleared the left hand lane.......yet. No big deal but it'll keep ya from passing anyone for about 5 miles or so. Except for that stretch.....perfectly clear.

Hanta Yo!!!! (or something like that)

boomersooner28
12/2/2006, 02:30 AM
Nope, that weren't us. We're driving a big ol' white Chevy pickup, although I did see the truck you're talking about. We made it into the hotel in OPK about an hour and a half ago.

Where ya stayin? We'll be atthe Hilton Garden Inn in OP by noon.

Phil
12/2/2006, 06:02 AM
Where ya stayin? We'll be atthe Hilton Garden Inn in OP by noon.

We're at the Doubletree.

Flagstaffsooner
12/2/2006, 07:59 AM
I'm holding all the corn hostage in the laundry room at the Radisson. No breakfast for them.Kill them all.;)

dolemitesooner
12/2/2006, 08:00 AM
I'm holding all the corn hostage in the laundry room at the Radisson. No breakfast for them.
LOL.....hold them tell i get there:D