PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta or Cotton

PAW
12/1/2006, 06:14 PM
Subject: Bowl Game Sale Information
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:47:20 -0600

Sooners Set for Trip to Fiesta or Cotton Bowl

The Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic and the Big 12 Conference have announced that Oklahoma and Nebraska will fill the league's spots in those two bowl games.

The winner of Saturday's Big 12 Championship Game will earn the conference's automatic bid into the Bowl Championship Series and a trip to the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Ariz. The Tostitos Fiesta Bowl will be played on Monday, January 1 at the University of Phoenix Stadium, with kickoff set for 7:45 p.m. CST. The opponent in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl will be announced as part of Sunday night's BCS announcement show on Fox at 7 p.m.

The Big 12 Conference runner-up will participate in the 71st Cotton Bowl Classic on January 1 in Dallas, with a 10:40 a.m. CST kickoff. The opponent in the Cotton Bowl will be a representative of the Southeastern Conference. That team will be determined following Saturday's SEC Championship Game.

Not a surprise.

Blues1
12/1/2006, 06:24 PM
What IF the Fiesta Invited Norte Dame...??? vs Oklahoma

Is there a "absolute rule" it has to invite Boise State..??

Send Boise state to the Rose Bowl or where ever...

Just Wondering....

Sooner_Havok
12/1/2006, 06:34 PM
they get the last pick for at large teams, so yeah no one else is going to want to pick Boise

sendbaht
12/1/2006, 06:51 PM
Boise will be a fun game. All will hipe the game and tons of folks will turn in to see if they are real, and BOOM on there backs they go. I can't wait, oh yes, we have to win Saturday, PLEASE SOONERS!

Miko
12/1/2006, 06:54 PM
If we win, why not let us pick the bowl of our choice and let the bugeaters get second pick. We split the money anyway, right?

OK2LA
12/1/2006, 07:02 PM
If we win, why not let us pick the bowl of our choice and let the bugeaters get second pick. We split the money anyway, right?

I'm with you!

OK2LA: Choosing on behalf of THE University of Oklahoma - we choose the National Championship Game - formerly known as the Fiesta Bowl. :D

shelley45
12/2/2006, 01:53 AM
Dont underestimate Boise State they are undefeated for a reason, and deserve to play in the Fiesta Bowl.

Octavian
12/2/2006, 02:07 AM
Dont underestimate Boise State they are undefeated for a reason, and deserve to play in the Fiesta Bowl.

how'd your season turn out?

Miko
12/2/2006, 02:10 AM
Ignorance is no bar to discussion. So I will jump in on this one and agree with you to a point.

bs is undefeated for a reason, but I feel that reason is that they primarily play against sixth grade girls teams.

shelley45
12/2/2006, 02:12 AM
how'd your season turn out?
Not that great, just 1 win over a top 10 team. Looking forward to next season though.

ouwasp
12/2/2006, 02:12 AM

Yeah, how'd your over-inflated season turn out, Duck?

Boise St deserves to play another team that doesn't belong in the BCS. Like either notre dame of the big least champ.

Or Oregon. Same difference.

Octavian
12/2/2006, 02:28 AM
Looking forward to next season...

well good for you....should be a familiar position. :D

Indy Sooner
12/2/2006, 10:47 AM
Ignorance is no bar to discussion. So I will jump in on this one and agree with you to a point.

bs is undefeated for a reason, but I feel that reason is that they primarily play against sixth grade girls teams.

I am the furthest thing from a BS apologist, but... BS > Beavs > Suc

Just sayin'.