PDA

View Full Version : For OUDoc or other medical professional types...I need a drug consultation

handcrafted
12/1/2006, 05:29 PM
So I was prescribed Lortabs for my back. I took one and later on I developed a rash and itched all the heck over, and my nose clogged up. The next day I was puking my guts out.

So I figure I'm allergic to Lortabs. Okay, fine. Does that mean I'm allergic to Oxycontin and other poppy-derived pain meds? If so, what is the alternative treatment, if any?

Inquiring minds and all that stuff. TIA.

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2006, 05:43 PM
http://www.thewhiskystore.de/usa/jimbeam/f01_6.jpg

Mjcpr
12/1/2006, 06:24 PM
Our vet tried to get us to get anti-depressents for our cat. Seriously.

I don't know if that helps any.

handcrafted
12/1/2006, 06:32 PM
Anti-depressants are overrated.

Jim Beam sux. :)

Jerk
12/1/2006, 06:35 PM
Anti-depressants are overrated.

:)

Not when they work.

I remember your rant against obsessive-compulsive disorder/depression. As if, people just use those things as excuses.

I also have back problems and have been in some pretty severe pain for the past 2 weeks. I'm eating lor-tabs like they're from a pez-dispenser.

If I had to chose between going through back pain or depression - like I went through in 2004 - I'd take the back pain any time. Always.

But at least I didn't come here, read your post about back pain, and say "you're just looking for an excuse (or something similar to whatever it was you said)

Sorry, I can't recall exactly what you said. But it still irks me in a bad way.

handcrafted
12/1/2006, 07:05 PM
Look, dude, I admit my OCD, I embrace it, but I don't use it as an excuse for nuthin'. :D

Not sure what post of mine you are referring to, but all I'm trying to find out is if there's something else out there med-wise which might work. If my office had been open today (which it was not) I'd have been there.

Are you sure you weren't thinking of SAS? :D

Jerk
12/1/2006, 07:09 PM
Look, dude, I admit my OCD, I embrace it, but I don't use it as an excuse for nuthin'. :D

Not sure what post of mine you are referring to, but all I'm trying to find out is if there's something else out there med-wise which might work. If my office had been open today (which it was not) I'd have been there.

Are you sure you weren't thinking of SAS? :D

Yes.

Perhaps I shouldn't have brought that up because it's an old post from way back when. But if anyone were to waste their time and search it, the reason for my rantings would be more clear.

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 07:11 PM
Yes.

Perhaps I shouldn't have brought that up because it's an old post from way back when. But if anyone were to waste their time and search it, the reason for my rantings would be more clear.

I prefer your rantings to be muddled and unclear like normal.

However, I agree with you on this one.

Depression sucks.