PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to watch this game in London with me?

47straight
12/1/2006, 03:24 PM
Boadean's is showing the game in Soho on Portland street on tape delay at noon on Sunday. (NASN).

If any of you hillbillies can hold out long enough to listen to the game and want to watch it with me, message me here or show up. I'll be the big obnoxious guy with an OU hat on.

Conversely, if you've got slingbox and will have me over at 1 in the morning to watch it live, I'm game for that too.

By bowl time, I'll be gone forever.

Flagstaffsooner
12/1/2006, 03:29 PM
What's a slingbox? TIA

william_brasky
12/1/2006, 04:11 PM
I'll meet you there.

Look for the guy wearing shoes.

Blitzkrieg
12/1/2006, 04:14 PM
How big are your boobs?

salth2o
12/1/2006, 04:17 PM
Well, when you're down on your luck,
and you ain't got a buck,
in London you're a goner.
Even London Bridge has fallen down,
and moved to Arizona,
now I know why.
And I'll substantiate the rumor that the English sense of humor
is drier than than the Texas sand.
You can put up your dukes, and you can bet your boots
that I'm leavin' just as fast as I can.

birddog
12/1/2006, 04:32 PM
man, i miss living there.

GottaHavePride
12/1/2006, 04:33 PM
If I was in London I would totally be there.

SoonerSloan
12/1/2006, 06:08 PM
i'd love to watch it in london with you, mainly because i'd love to take a trip to london instead of studying for finals

47straight
12/1/2006, 10:29 PM
I hate watching games alone. Must be a complex or something. I've only gotten to watch two live games this year, and both were with whorn fans. Ugh.

jdsooner
12/1/2006, 10:55 PM
What are you doing in Arkansas?

London is a city in Pope County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 925 at the 2000 census.

sooneron
12/1/2006, 11:01 PM
What are you doing in Arkansas?

London is a city in Pope County, Arkansas, United States. The population was 925 at the 2000 census.
No wonder he can't get a live feed of the game!:texan:

finster
12/1/2006, 11:07 PM
"Hillbillies in London"
His hair was perfect.

jdsooner
12/1/2006, 11:10 PM
I think I'll watch from Paris instead. It is much more metropolitan.

Paris is a city in Logan County, Arkansas, and serves as the county seat of Logan County. The population was 3,707 at the 2000 census.

Doged
12/2/2006, 07:41 AM
"Hillbillies in London"
His hair was perfect.

Spek for the Warren Zevon tie-in! :D

47straight
12/2/2006, 08:17 AM
I thought Paris in Texas and the county seat of Logan County was Guthrie?

ouflak
12/2/2006, 12:56 PM
I'm a bit surprised that the game isn't one of the NASN 'extra' channels. Instead they've got two channels of the same hockey game (Toronto vs Montreal). Seems odds. But I can't really say anything bad about them this year as I've gotten to see three OU games on TV live over here! Wonderful. Anyway, I won't be making way towards London this weekend. The game is on a 5 in the moring and I have recording. I'll probably watch when I wake up.

Switzer-lander
12/2/2006, 01:13 PM
What's also weird is that it's not being shown on the version of NASN that goes to the continent, only on the UK/Ireland version.

I am sooooooo glad I have the UK/Irleand NASN (via Sky).

But the game's on ESPN Game Plan, too.

Every year it gets a little easier over here to catch some games either live or close to it.

StanberryWasIn
12/2/2006, 01:20 PM
Note that an alternative for watching the game other than Slingbox is ESPN GamePlan Online. I've moved back to the US from London, but the picture was actually pretty good given that it was coming over a DSL line and from over the Atlantic. No buffering errors or anything like that. I see that it's listed as a game that's available. Think it'll cost you ~$20, but it should be worth it.

Also think it's odd that NASN doesn't have it live. Can't imagine there's a better sporting event then for them to carry.

Bloomer_Sooner
12/2/2006, 02:09 PM
A black and tan sounds good right about now.

47straight
12/2/2006, 04:22 PM
Note that an alternative for watching the game other than Slingbox is ESPN GamePlan Online. I've moved back to the US from London, but the picture was actually pretty good given that it was coming over a DSL line and from over the Atlantic. No buffering errors or anything like that. I see that it's listed as a game that's available. Think it'll cost you ~$20, but it should be worth it.

Also think it's odd that NASN doesn't have it live. Can't imagine there's a better sporting event then for them to carry.

I had to use ESPN GamePlan online to watch the OU-Texas game. Nothing beats sitting in an internet cafe for 3.5 hours in Cologne, Germany, plopping down 7.50 euros just for the air time.

I did not have a particularly good experience with it. It kept stopping and telling me that the game was blacked out because I was in the US. Ummm, no, I'm not I would tell it, and 5 minutes later it would let me back on. The quality was decent. The 22.50 bucks is exhorbitantly high IMO, when i can catch the game at the pub or restaurant. But then, for the RRS, I had no other choice, and it serves decently well for that purpose. Also, it does not carry every game; it didn't cover last week's OU-OSU game, prolly b/c it was on Fox and not ABC.

I'm actually glad that NASN is doing the tape delay at noon. There's no way I could watch the whole game at Bodean's or Sportscafe starting at 1 in the morning. It is weird that they're tape delaying at 3 am and at noon.

hawaii 5-0
12/2/2006, 04:52 PM
Sorry. I'm stuck in Hawaii.

:cool: 5-0

soonerloyal
12/2/2006, 05:04 PM
Have a shandy for me (I'm a drink wuss) and enjoy the game from where you are. God bless all Sooners, no matter where they be!

Cam
12/2/2006, 08:05 PM
man, i miss living there.
So do I. I'd love to have a real Guinness about now.