PDA

View Full Version : OU v. pigglets....

CORNholio
12/1/2006, 03:10 PM
Am I the only one that would like to see a OU vs. Arkie OOC series. 9 times out of 10 we would kick that ***. And it would give those of us in the eastern part of the state a little STFU ammo to the piggletts and those SEC-chest-thumping honkies.

CORNholio
12/1/2006, 03:13 PM
Only downside would be the trip to Fayetnam:eek: . And of course giving Akie recognition.

ArkanSooner
12/1/2006, 03:29 PM
As an Arkansas native, there is nothing that would thrill me more than to shut up all the obnoxious Razorback fans. Especially this year; have the first team that matters on the national scene in 40 years and you'd think they're a dynasty over here. I've never understood why OU and Ark. don't play.

Flagstaffsooner
12/1/2006, 03:33 PM
As an Arkansas native, there is nothing that would thrill me more than to shut up all the obnoxious Razorback fans. I've never understood why OU and Ark. don't play.Funny that never happened from the late '60s thu the '80s with the UArk coaching connection.:pop:

TheHumanAlphabet
12/1/2006, 03:44 PM
Uhmm, Little Rock or Fayetteville....neither sound like good destinations.

CORNholio
12/1/2006, 03:47 PM
As an Arkansas native, there is nothing that would thrill me more than to shut up all the obnoxious Razorback fans. Especially this year; have the first team that matters on the national scene in 40 years and you'd think they're a dynasty over here. I've never understood why OU and Ark. don't play.
Exactly. If we whooped them a couple years in a row they would run out of excuses and finally STFU.
Also ArkanSooner I have heard that Mustain might transfer? True?
Also heard that Nutt might be going to Miamuh, heard anything on that?

Sooner_Havok
12/1/2006, 04:01 PM
Only downside would be the trip to Fayetnam:eek: . And of course giving Akie recognition.

Yeah, we have to go to Stoolwater once every other years already, we don't need to go somewhere worse in our off year. :D

DenverSooner751
12/1/2006, 04:19 PM
I had the great misfortune of sitting in the Ark section of the Cotton Bowl in '02 when we played them.
My sister in law's family has a few members working for Dr. Pepper so I was not going to turn down the free tickets. But that sucked. They start doing that pig suey chant and I wanted to yell crap suey. The nice thing about it was there was almost nothing for them to cheer about the whole game because it was pretty much an OU defensive fiesta from what I remember.

I would be in favor of seeing a series between OU and ARK. Especially because I think we would obliterate their fragile little bodies all over national T.V. They would rename Norman, Apocolypse now after that bloodfest.

BermudaSooner
12/1/2006, 04:25 PM
We've gotten some great players out of Arkansas, and I remember at least one coach who was fairly successful. ;) Sure wouldn't hurt recruiting to play in Little Rock every other year--Joe C would have to make it a requirement we don't have to go to Fayetteville.

ArkanSooner
12/1/2006, 04:34 PM
Exactly. If we whooped them a couple years in a row they would run out of excuses and finally STFU.
Also ArkanSooner I have heard that Mustain might transfer? True?
Also heard that Nutt might be going to Miamuh, heard anything on that?
Nutt is rumoured to go everywhere around here, from Miami to NC State to Bama. Before the season, one of the LR TV stations had a poll, and over 90% of the people wanted him fired. That's died down a little bit due to the success this year, but most people credit that to Gus Malzahn and a majority still want Nutt elsewhere. Before this year, he has been linked to jobs at Nebraska, LSU, and...somewhere else I forgot. I think he might be Bama's 5th or 6th choice (behind Spurrier, Rodriguez, Petrino, Jim Grobe, and maybe Jeff Tedford). So if it comes down to it, I think they *may* offer him. I do think he would be a front-runner at NC State, it's only a matter of if he wants to leave Arkansas for NC State, which IMO is a lateral move at best.

As for Mitchell Mustain...I don't know. I know he can't be happy, since he wasn't allowed to come in for Dick, a sophomore, in the LSU game when Dick was a stellar 3 for 19. Even when Dick was injured on one play, Nutt put Robert Johnson into the game, the starting QB against USC who has since become the #4 WR. But I don't know about him transferring this year. He caused enough drama in the recruiting battle last year, and I think he probably thinks he'll still get the job eventually since Malzahn (his high school coach) is there. If he isn't starting by next year, though, I think it's safe to say he will look elsewhere.

The nice thing about it was there was almost nothing for them to cheer about the whole game because it was pretty much an OU defensive fiesta from what I remember.

Arkansas had 47 total yards, I believe.

We've gotten some great players out of Arkansas, and I remember at least one coach who was fairly successful. ;) Sure wouldn't hurt recruiting to play in Little Rock every other year--Joe C would have to make it a requirement we don't have to go to Fayetteville.
I've never understood that, either. Other than Mark Bradley for OU and Felix Jones for UA, the two schools very rarely recruit the other state recently (as in the past 10 years), from what I can recall.

I'm pretty young (21) so I may not know the full story. The only times I'm aware of OU and Arkansas playing each other are the 78 Orange Bowl and the 02 Cotton Bowl. Has there ever been any kind of reason given as to why the two don't play?

85sooners
12/1/2006, 05:17 PM
arkansas is for fools

AllAboutThe'O'
12/2/2006, 01:27 AM
Personally, I don't want to see OU and Arkansas play each other. I'm an Arkansas native and grew up cheering for the Hogs. I'm not a diehard Razorback fan anymore (long story), but I still want them to do well. However, if the two do meet, I'm pulling for the Sooners. Plus, if the two do meet, it would force the Fort Smith/NWA TV stations to do more in-depth stories on the Sooners.

CORNholio
12/2/2006, 01:40 AM
The most in-depth story they've ever done on OU went something like:
well, if OU played in the S E C they'd be no better than 7-5 maybe not even that. Oh and if Arkie played in the big 12 well hell they'd probably have won every game by bout 50.

ouwasp
12/2/2006, 02:07 AM
arkansas and osu should do a series. That way I could enjoy some Saturday afternoon knowing with an absolute certainty that a team I despised would lose!

OU should stay away from arkansas. No need to feed their desires...

***Anybody else remember the '78 Orange Bowl? Took decades for that story to go away... next yr you can bet there will be some dumbass writer that will dig up the painful memory in a 30th anniversary look back. Let an Arkie paper do that, hope the Sooner State's papers leave it alone. That game alone is reason for Sooners to say "to heck with arkansas" forever and to not allow them on the same stage as the Sooners.***

Nope, not scared of them, I just remember how long it took for that crap to go away. About 5 times worse that osu winning a ****** game....

Octavian
12/2/2006, 02:18 AM
I'm pretty young (21) so I may not know the full story. The only times I'm aware of OU and Arkansas playing each other are the 78 Orange Bowl and the 02 Cotton Bowl.

OU and Arky met at the end of the '86 season in the Orange Bowl.

Jamelle and the Wishbone performed to perfection.

The Defense dominated.

But Boz stole the show.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3656/theshirtjh8.png (http://imageshack.us)

We won, 42-8.

Octavian
12/2/2006, 02:21 AM
OU leads the all-time series (http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2005&team1=Oklahoma&team2=Arkansas) 7-4-1

King Crimson
12/2/2006, 02:21 AM
screw the pigs (sorry OSU fan this was not for you). they copped our uni look given the Tron pig **** they were wearing the last couple years. and now they look all different with white facemasks and "aRkansas" all lettered across the top of the jersey just like our's says "Sooners"........but the same as us. thanks Nike, i s'pose.

come on, am i not right?

ArkanSooner
12/2/2006, 03:02 AM
screw the pigs (sorry OSU fan this was not for you). they copped our uni look given the Tron pig **** they were wearing the last couple years. and now they look all different with white facemasks and "aRkansas" all lettered across the top of the jersey just like our's says "Sooners"........but the same as us. thanks Nike, i s'pose.

come on, am i not right?
You are correct, sir.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/266604.jpghttp://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061115/061115_McFadden_vmed_8p.widec.jpg

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2004/1009/photo/r_peterson_i.jpghttp://www.todaysthv.com/assetpool/images/0510256490_Darren%20McFadden%20Razorback.jpg

King Crimson
12/2/2006, 03:09 AM
thank you Arkan.

sozo
12/2/2006, 08:56 AM
there is nothing that would thrill me more than to shut up all the obnoxious Razorback fans. Especially this year; have the first team that matters on the national scene in 40 years and you'd think they're a dynasty over here.
I'll vouch for that,coming from less than a mile from the piggie state line!

OU-HSV
12/2/2006, 09:38 AM
I like the idea of this kind of rivalry. I lived in Arkiesaw for a couple years...and I had my fill of "if we played your Sooners we'd win". I went to a couple of pig games in Fayetville recently and it seemed like a loud tough environment...but we could beat them there just the same as Little Rock. Maybe we could meet them at Skelly :D
Another thing that could spice this rivalry up currently...when we played them in the Cotton Bowl pig fans were offended by something Stoops said about the matchup. Kinda like Stoops downplayed their team as if he didn't think we should have to play them. (I don't recall that happening, but pig fans have told me about that).

CORNholio
12/2/2006, 09:50 AM
OU leads the all-time series (http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2005&team1=Oklahoma&team2=Arkansas) 7-4-1

Yikes....1918----OU 103, Arkie 0!!!!:eek:
I know its 1918 but, in your face pigglets.