PDA

View Full Version : Frivolous lawsuit of the year

Sooner in Tampa
12/1/2006, 12:30 PM
A woman is suing because the guacamole (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,233318,00.html) she bought did not have enought avacado content :rolleyes:

"It just didn't taste avocadoey," said Brenda Lifsey, who used Kraft Dips Guacamole in a three-layer dip last year. "I looked at the ingredients and found there was almost no avocado in it."

It took her a while to realize this.

This crap needs to be thrown out of court and she needs to be told to quit bogging down the legal system.

mrowl
12/1/2006, 12:33 PM
don't order guac at Chili's. It mostly mayonnaise

TUSooner
12/1/2006, 12:51 PM
I foresee a class action lawsuit which will result in every man, woman, and child in the USA receiving a coupon for 50 cents off Kraft's new and reformulated guacamole, and the plaintiffs' lawyers receiving eleventeen zillion dollars in fees.

You heard it here first!

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/1/2006, 12:54 PM
I hope the courts throw the book at not enough Avacado!!!!

TUSooner
12/1/2006, 12:57 PM
I suppose she couldn't look at the ingredients BEFORE she bought it?

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 01:06 PM
Somewhere, Martha Stewart is cackling as she grows avocados in her greenhouse.

Sooner in Tampa
12/1/2006, 01:06 PM
I suppose she couldn't look at the ingredients BEFORE she bought it?There was avacado in the dip in question. He contention is that 2% is not enough :rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
12/1/2006, 01:35 PM
I foresee a class action lawsuit which will result in every man, woman, and child in the USA receiving a coupon for 50 cents off Kraft's new and reformulated guacamole, and the plaintiffs' lawyers receiving eleventeen zillion dollars in fees.

You heard it here first!

I love America.:D

TheHumanAlphabet
12/1/2006, 01:37 PM
dumb beyotch!

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/1/2006, 01:40 PM
What they should do is put an amount on the table. Such as let's say she wants 3 million dollars. IF she loses, she owes the company 3 million and if she wins she gets 3 million. If she doesn't have that, we auction off everything she owns and Kraft collects part of her future earnings....i bet these lawsuits don't get brought on very often!

Ike
12/1/2006, 02:29 PM
I think Kraft should let this go to trial and employ the laughter defense. This would mean that every time she or her lawyer said anything, everyone at the Kraft table would double over in uncontrollable laughter.

OUinFLA
12/1/2006, 02:38 PM
CSF, I think Ill sue you for bringing this to my attention and wasting my time.
It took 2 minutes of my time.............at $7.15 per hour..........that's $.24 you owe me, plus pain and suffering, and unnecessary grief..... lets just settle it out for 4 Million, give or take a hundred K or so.
Have your lawyer call mine.
Lid is my lawyer, and he obviously needs the money so he can pay off his gambling debts.

Osce0la
12/1/2006, 02:40 PM
I'm gonna sue that Mexican place up the street for having too much cilantro in their salsa. I didn't order cilantro - I ordered SALSA!

KABOOKIE
12/1/2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, that lawsuit is hilarious. Next thing you know people will pour coffee in their lap and blame someone for making it too hot!!! :D

TexasLidig8r
12/1/2006, 03:35 PM
CSF, I think Ill sue you for bringing this to my attention and wasting my time.
It took 2 minutes of my time.............at $7.15 per hour..........that's $.24 you owe me, plus pain and suffering, and unnecessary grief..... lets just settle it out for 4 Million, give or take a hundred K or so.
Have your lawyer call mine.
Lid is my lawyer, and he obviously needs the money so he can pay off his gambling debts.

We resolve it for that my friend.. I'm flying both you and your lovely wife for a wild weekend in Dallas.. no check that... St. Maarten... villa on the side of a mountain.. nekked snorkeling... great food.. nekkid french chicks...

sanantoniosooner
12/1/2006, 03:39 PM
If this was worthy of a lawsuit, McDonalds would have been sued over chicken mcnuggets long ago.