PDA

View Full Version : The Nativity Story

royalfan5
12/1/2006, 11:24 AM
I think I am going to catch this in the near future. All the reviews look pretty good, and it was written by Mike Rich. Anyone else in.

Widescreen
12/1/2006, 12:01 PM
Mike Rich may know a lot about caribou and the Inuit. No way he could write a biblical screenplay.

;)

royalfan5
12/1/2006, 12:03 PM
Mike Rich may know a lot about caribou and the Inuit. No way he could write a biblical screenplay.

;)
Apparently Mike Rich also wrote the Rookie and Finding Forrester

tbl
12/1/2006, 12:08 PM
No way I'm seeing this one. I'm really tired of all these movies trying to portray Biblical accounts and they constantly take freedoms to include/exclude instead of sticking with the Bible. Not only that, but you gotta think about the sin of idolatry when it comes to films portraying Christ.

I saw on one of the previews where Mary & Joseph are crossing a river and almost get swept away in the current. I guess you gotta make some stuff up since the Biblical accounts are pretty brief. This whole thing just stinks of Hollywood trying to capitalize on the commercial success of the Passion (I did not like that movie at ALL).

crawfish
12/1/2006, 01:22 PM
No way I'm seeing this one. I'm really tired of all these movies trying to portray Biblical accounts and they constantly take freedoms to include/exclude instead of sticking with the Bible. Not only that, but you gotta think about the sin of idolatry when it comes to films portraying Christ.

I saw on one of the previews where Mary & Joseph are crossing a river and almost get swept away in the current. I guess you gotta make some stuff up since the Biblical accounts are pretty brief. This whole thing just stinks of Hollywood trying to capitalize on the commercial success of the Passion (I did not like that movie at ALL).

Methinks you need to take this stuff less literally. :)

I'll admit, I'm not too excited about seeing it. It seems less like the Passion - a work of art by any definition - and more like your standard, blah Christian fare. Many times, Christians are so afraid of offending somebody with their interpretation that they leave everything even remotely interesting out of the stories.

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 01:29 PM

Sorry for the unsigned spek. At least it was green.

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 01:29 PM
And now you guys know why PG likes me. I can help her with her screenwriting career. :D

Every time I see that dude's name in credits it gives me a little start.

OklahomaTuba
12/1/2006, 01:45 PM
Methinks you need to take this stuff less literally. :)

I'll admit, I'm not too excited about seeing it. It seems less like the Passion - a work of art by any definition - and more like your standard, blah Christian fare. Many times, Christians are so afraid of offending somebody with their interpretation that they leave everything even remotely interesting out of the stories.

Looks a hell of a lot better than most of the movies out there right now.

I think anything that helps remind people what this season is about is a good thing. Glad to see a movie about the true meaning of Christmas and the birth of The Lord.

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 01:47 PM
Hey, anyone see that the 16-year-old girl who plays Mary in the movie is now pregnant?

Now THERE's a PR nightmare...

crawfish
12/1/2006, 01:52 PM
Looks a hell of a lot better than most of the movies out there right now.

I think anything that helps remind people what this season is about is a good thing. Glad to see a movie about the true meaning of Christmas and the birth of The Lord.

Oh, I agree on that point. There is plenty of quality Christian entertainment out there, but it is often overshadowed by the bad stuff. In fact, the "Left Behind" stuff practically did that all on its own...

crawfish
12/1/2006, 01:53 PM
Hey, anyone see that the 16-year-old girl who plays Mary in the movie is now pregnant?

Now THERE's a PR nightmare...

Or, maybe...

You can have my car after the rapture. :D

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 01:55 PM
Or, maybe...

You can have my car after the rapture. :D

I've got alarms on a graveyard here in town. Once them graves start opening, I'm gonna be prayin'. ;)