PDA

View Full Version : I'm about this close to buying a ticket to Phoenix

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 02:05 AM
But I know if I do it's going to jinx us.

I can get there for 20,000 air miles.

The 'rents just bought a house in Scottsdale I can crash at.

I'm wondering how tough getting Fiesta Bowl tickets would be.

PhxSooner
12/1/2006, 02:12 AM
I know people who have gone down there without tickets and found them, but it really depends on the matchup. I know the Tenn-FSU game was a snoozer that people were paying maybe 10-20 bucks a ticket. We went in '97 but had been given the tickets.

Party at Mike's parents! I'll bring snacks.

PhxSooner
12/1/2006, 02:13 AM
Don't know either if having the BCS championship the next week may make Fiesta tickets easier to get...

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 02:15 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking I may (if OU wins) just buy the ticket and try to buy a scalper ticket outside the game. I can't imagine that Boise State has a huge fan following that's going to be snapping up tickets.

PhxSooner
12/1/2006, 02:19 AM
We're thinking about heading to a tailgate (if there is one) and trying our luck outside the stadium. My neighbors have Cardinals season tickets and love the stadium. If we can't get tickets, I guess everyone can come to our house and watch the game with our kids.:D

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2006, 02:21 AM
RAWK!

I was discussing this plan with someone and they asked me about the whole going solo deal. I responded that I'd be attending the game with 35-40,000 of my closest friends.

PhxSooner
12/1/2006, 02:29 AM
You might also get better seats from someone selling at the stadium than from OU (even if you could get them). Our corporate seats were on the 30, while the schools' seats were more from the 5 to the endzone.

yermom
12/1/2006, 03:10 AM
if national championship tickets are available at the stadium i can't imagine a BCS game is that tough

it's not like any of the possible teams is very close, i can't imagine there will be that much demand for tickets

is buying a ticket now any cheaper than waiting 2 days?

soonerboomer93
12/1/2006, 03:25 AM
I wish I could get my vacation extended, I would drop the cash to hit up tempe.

PhxSooner
12/1/2006, 03:26 AM
The wild card is how well Boise State fans are gonna travel. I can't really say what kind of appeal OU has out here; I know we'll only go to the game if we can get ridiculously cheap tickets. I also don't know whether playing in Glendale makes it more appealing with a nicer stadium, or less appealing without the proximity to ASU and stuff on Mill Ave.

mrowl
12/1/2006, 09:59 AM
I wish I could get my vacation extended, I would drop the cash to hit up glendale.

fixed.

mdklatt
12/1/2006, 11:42 AM
I can get there for 20,000 air miles.

It would be a lot shorter if you went south instead of north.